Well That Didn’T Take Long

9 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:07 AM

Currently 0 players/viewers of MW5 Mercs on twitch. On the plus side, only 10 more months until it can be released on a launcher that will get some actual visibility.

#2 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Yes, because the people who would watch someone else play this game on twitch care so much about whether the game is played on Epic or Steam.

Edited by Suko, 17 February 2020 - 12:46 PM.

#3 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

View PostSuko, on 17 February 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yes, because the people who would watch someone else play this game on twitch care so much about whether the game is played on Epic or Steam.

Considering the recent spike in metro exodus activity, your assessment appears correct.

#4 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

I don't think it's so much about the viewers caring about the launcher (why would they?), it's more about no streamers with loyal and/or large audiences being interested in streaming the game.

No surprise there, the game is complete garbage.

I don't think steam release will make a difference unless it comes with a huge update somehow making the game worth playing.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 17 February 2020 - 07:07 AM, said:

Currently 0 players/viewers of MW5 Mercs on twitch. On the plus side, only 10 more months until it can be released on a launcher that will get some actual visibility.

We live in a strange era when success of a game is measured by streaming! **** that!

#6 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 17 February 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

Considering the recent spike in metro exodus activity, your assessment appears correct.

or maybe it's the new dlc for metro exodus

#7 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 17 February 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

I don't think steam release will make a difference unless it comes with a huge update somehow making the game worth playing.

Probably when they will finally release Ray Tracing which was announced and demo'd back when dinosaurs were still around. Talk about late.

#8 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 17 February 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

Just ganna pipe up and say that like myself, so many people just won't install it. They're sick of games being stolen from them by a garbage platform and already have an aversion to additional launchers because they've been forced on us for years now.

I just won't EVER play ANYTHING that is an epic exclusive, held away from Steam, those games do NOT EXIST to me.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:54 AM

You could use GOG Galaxy 2.0 to manage all your games and launchers. You still need to have accounts/launchers from the other companies but you can start installation and games from Galaxy and it will start and close everything you need to play the game.

Since I started useing it I haven't opend the other launchers, except to buy games. You have an all in one launcher and the full range of titles no matter the plattform.

#10 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 21 February 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

Probably when they will finally release Ray Tracing which was announced and demo'd back when dinosaurs were still around. Talk about late.

Well, that's not going to help much when it's the gameplay that sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users