#81 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:20 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 February 2020 - 08:56 AM, said:

Original ideas are a myth Posted Image

Well, I guess that one can hear this phrase often in PGI's offices.

#82 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

its give no gameengine today thats can handle Melee and Firefights with differnet Weapons, Projectiles ,Hitzones on a Server!!!based game...
Table Top and PC Game or Real Fight differnet Worlds

What you can make in an Pen & Paper medival Game is total nonsense against a Train fight with Training Weapons and both a very differenet worlds against a real Swordfight with real Weapons about your Life..Chess is not a real Simulation of a tactical fight

And the Parents of BT have not more Experience with Physic or modern Combat and Weapons as George Lucas

when a Fragile Hand of a Griffin punch with full kinetic Power against the massive Armor of a Atlas , the amor is intact and the Hand is Scrap

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 25 February 2020 - 07:53 PM.

#83 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

If you really want melee attacks, do it like Heavy Gear 2 did. Give melee weapons and go at it. Collisions, though fun, aren't really a good idea. I admit that when I watched a video on the early days of MWO and mech-collisions, it looked fun but little bit of introspection as to why I liked it revealed that it's bad. Very bad.

#84 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:13 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 25 February 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

its give no gameengine today thats can handle Melee and Firefights with differnet Weapons, Projectiles ,Hitzones on a Server!!!based game...

Mordhau and mount&blade both does that. Mordhau is bigger than mwo and m&b used to have a huge multi-player scene as well.

Also Bannerlord is coming this year (hopefully) and the multi-player beta works just fine and has all the things you claim "no game engine can handle".

#85 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:02 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 25 February 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

This game does.

#86 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:07 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 25 February 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

If you really want melee attacks, do it like Heavy Gear 2 did. Give melee weapons and go at it. Collisions, though fun, aren't really a good idea. I admit that when I watched a video on the early days of MWO and mech-collisions, it looked fun but little bit of introspection as to why I liked it revealed that it's bad. Very bad.

It can be done, but this would require dextrous fingers. You have to memorize and practice different key and button combinations to do this and do that, which is true in any fight game, and you need to train on it until it is instinctive. This includes things like melee counters. For me, I don't have the patience for this.

#87 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:16 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 18 February 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

there should be a mech with heals and it can heal you

I have seen this on other games and its a fairly questionable idea on a PvP context, although it makes sense on a PvE context.

It can change the meta of the game and allow for "tanks". Can you imagine a mech that can soak up so much damage and you cannot do anything about it? It changes the name of the game to sheer DPS --- more DPS faster than the heal per second.

It opens a hole to allow pay to win. Allows the developer to sell healing consumables for some currency. This can sharpen the divide between the haves and have nots in the game.

Like i said I have seen this on other games and it does not necessarily mean they will fail because of it.

Edited by Anjian, 26 February 2020 - 01:17 AM.

#88 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:01 AM

View PostAnjian, on 26 February 2020 - 01:07 AM, said:

It can be done, but this would require dextrous fingers. You have to memorize and practice different key and button combinations

I meant that if people want melee attacks, simply give them melee weapons. Using the LMB would simply make the mech swing its weapon arm one way and RMB the other way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users