Different Foot Steps Frequency

14 replies to this topic

#1 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:13 AM

Am i the only one who noticed that the tempo of the foot steps is different? I made couple tests and this anomaly seems to appear only when you pilot mech with 64 kph. When you run at full speed and you switch between 1st and 3rd person view you can hear the different tempo of foot steps. 3rd person view seems to be correct but the tempo of foot steps in 1st person view is slightly slower.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:16 AM

I think this is common regardless of the mech. It is very weird. This was reported a while back.

#3 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:23 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 28 February 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

I think this is common regardless of the mech. It is very weird. This was reported a while back.

Ah okay, i did not know that, thanks. According my research it appears only with mechs with max speed of 64 kph.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:58 AM

Try the King Crab. It's actually quite funny with the cockpit shake matching in first-person mode but the exterior camera view is horrifying.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:27 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 28 February 2020 - 12:58 AM, said:

Try the King Crab. It's actually quite funny with the cockpit shake matching in first-person mode but the exterior camera view is horrifying.

Okay i will try it, thanks for the suggestion.

#6 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 28 February 2020 - 12:58 AM, said:

You are right, KGC has this problem too, so it seems that it does not apply only on mechs with 64 kph speed. PGI should review each mech variant and fix it.

#7 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:35 AM

It's simply a matter of the difference in perception between the inertial dampeners of the mech as perceived though the pilots neural interface vs the raw drone feed..

Edited by Iron Heel, 01 March 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#8 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:04 AM

View PostIron Heel, on 01 March 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

It's simply a matter of the difference in perception between the inertial dampeners of the mech as perceived though the pilots neural interface vs the raw drone feed..

There should be no difference. It is just a different point of view which has no impact on the physics.

Edited by SVK Puskin, 01 March 2020 - 09:04 AM.

#9 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:57 AM

It's a deliberate design choice to give the feel of a large, stompy robot. If we had the comically fast footfall of the external view it would make it feel like we were in a gigantic Olympic speed walking race.

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

View PostThe Amazing Atomic Spaniel, on 01 March 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

It's a deliberate design choice to give the feel of a large, stompy robot. If we had the comically fast footfall of the external view it would make it feel like we were in a gigantic Olympic speed walking race.

It's deliberate stupidity, is what it is. MWO doesn't have this problem. How is this disparity suddenly supposed to make sense in MW5? If you're in the cockpit view, the footfalls are fast but in the external view, it is slow. Just how does that make sense?

#11 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

View PostThe Amazing Atomic Spaniel, on 01 March 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

No because this problem have also slower mechs with speed 48,6 so in this case the frequency of the footsteps from the 1st person view seems to be correct thus fixing the frequency of footsteps from the 3rd person view will not take away the feel which you mentioned.

#12 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 28 February 2020 - 12:13 AM, said:

Am i the only one who noticed that the tempo of the foot steps is different? I made couple tests and this anomaly seems to appear only when you pilot mech with 64 kph. When you run at full speed and you switch between 1st and 3rd person view you can hear the different tempo of foot steps. 3rd person view seems to be correct but the tempo of foot steps in 1st person view is slightly slower.

Finally someone else other than me noticed this.. I reported this bug back when the demo released, and it has still not been fixed.. Its annoying and hurts immersion.. And many mechs have it..

I don't think it's restricted to 64Km/h, but I'll check..

Anyways,., should be fixed..

#13 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:15 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 March 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

Finally someone else other than me noticed this.. I reported this bug back when the demo released, and it has still not been fixed.. Its annoying and hurts immersion.. And many mechs have it..

I don't think it's restricted to 64Km/h, but I'll check..

Anyways,., should be fixed..

No, it is not restricted only to 64 Kph, that was my mistake because i did not do the full research. Yeah it is a shame that they still did not fix it.

Edited by SVK Puskin, 02 March 2020 - 01:16 AM.

#14 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:25 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 02 March 2020 - 01:15 AM, said:

No, it is not restricted only to 64 Kph, that was my mistake because i did not do the full research. Yeah it is a shame that they still did not fix it.

I find the issue is most pronounced on the Awesome.. it just looks ridiculous how big the difference is..

#15 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:32 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 04 March 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

I find the issue is most pronounced on the Awesome.. it just looks ridiculous how big the difference is..

Yeah, agree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users