Lucky Charms 2020 Event Extended

142 replies to this topic

#41 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

@Matt Newman Hero mech sale hit a snafu. Did not appear.

#42 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

500 a bag? Might as well just resign myself to get crap over crap for this event. I don't have the time or uber skill to really make a dent. Disappointed.

#43 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:29 PM

View PostKH Slaine, on 05 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

@Matt Newman Hero mech sale hit a snafu. Did not appear.

They are on sale, just for 0% off.

#44 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

View PostAcid_Rain, on 05 March 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

They are on sale, just for 0% off.

SMDH. Posted Image

#45 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

I guess flash sale means it's so fast you can't even see it.

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 March 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

Ill consider it... Price points are a bit wonky but I'll use "MATHS"

Cool, thank you for your consideration. If in case it is not possible to put IS and Clan mechs together 'cause of the price differentiation, can you make the Dropship sale to allow us to buy multiple copies of the same mech instead? The previous Dropship sales didn't allow this and we had to pick a Hero mech which we weren't interested in just to make it 4 in the basket to avail the offer.

View PostBongo TauKat, on 05 March 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

500 a bag? Might as well just resign myself to get crap over crap for this event. I don't have the time or uber skill to really make a dent. Disappointed.

Well, it is cumulative. You can average between 200-250 MS per match by playing well and still complete this even fast enough.

#47 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:42 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 05 March 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Well, it is cumulative. You can average between 200-250 MS per match by playing well and still complete this even fast enough.

thats like 22 games per day at a 250ms average. that sounds utterly grueling. thats over 5 hours (assuming 15 minute games, including wait times). woe to anyone who wanted to do this in fp.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 March 2020 - 09:47 PM.

#48 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 05 March 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

thats like 22 games per day at a 250ms average. that sounds utterly grueling. thats over 5 hours (assuming 15 minute games, including wait times). woe to anyone who wanted to do this in fp.

Yeah, that's pretty much the worse part. Trying to get a 300 MS game in FW is do-able but the wait times.... *sigh* The time has been extended to include 3 weekends. So, yeah... that helps a little bit.

#49 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:19 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 05 March 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the worse part. Trying to get a 300 MS game in FW is do-able but the wait times.... *sigh* The time has been extended to include 3 weekends. So, yeah... that helps a little bit.

still pretty close to four hours a day, for 19 days. i think this is too grueling to complete. and it still makes this strictly a qp event as events that target match score are going to be faster in qp than fp by at least a factor of 2.

after going through the grand prize mechs, i own all but 2, and i could probibly buy them flat out without even noticing my cbills drop. i think il just skim the event or maybe just wait for the damage portion, that can get me about 2 or 3 bags in a single fp match. but that wont help if everyone is in qp trying to get match score.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 March 2020 - 10:23 PM.

#50 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

According to the reward requirements, the average mech pilot can accumulate around 4000 match score per day.
At 250 match score per game, that averages out to about 16 matches a day.
With an average QP match taking about 10min. your looking at around 2 1/2 hr of game play per day, every day for 19 days.
Does anyone feel like LIFE might kick in at some point and bone our opportunity to complete the task at hand?
EDIT:
*Oh, and I forgot to factor in wait times between matches, which with the player base reduced due to MW5, are excruciatingly long, so factor in an additional hour per day.
So to achieve the reward, you can figure to be playing slightly less than 70 hours of game play to qualify.
Kind of makes you wish you didn't have a job or the need to feed your family.
(please excuse me while I refill my salt shaker)
Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 05 March 2020 - 10:39 PM.

#51 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:31 PM

I'm planning to do 20k MS per weekend and around 1k per weekday, assuming that I never get any MS of 500 or above at all. That should be do-able. We'll see.

Edit :- Given that the reward Mech is just a normal C-bill variant, giving a few more days to complete was reasonable albeit still tiring. Then again, there are online games that have worse and nonsensical challenges to complete for worse rewards. Since MWO is an altogether different beast, there could be a few tweaks here and there to reduce the massive grind.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 05 March 2020 - 10:33 PM.

#52 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:35 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 04 March 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

No green paint sale?

Put some green paint in the Loot Bags!

Maybe add a sale on :
- Green colors.
- Green and St Patrick related Cockpit items.
- Green and colorable bolt-ons.
- Green, colorable and St Patrick related decals.

And players can post their best creations.

#53 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:15 PM

I would like to add, that I do appreciate these events.
And giving us an opportunity to benefit from our play time is great.
I would request, however, that the developers design future matches with enough time for the average casual player to achieve some benefit.
Trying to squeeze in at least 3 hr of playtime per day, every day, is not copacetic with an average players life requirements.
Thanks again for the events, even though the average player that has a life outside of the gaming world may not cross the finish line.
Peace (a very average player with low skills due to not playing enough)

#54 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 March 2020 - 01:29 AM

Well, you are getting Loot Bags for every 500 MS and eventually, 500 damage as well. So, while the "Average, Casual Gamer" as you put it, might not be able to complete the event without spending a lot of hours per day, the said person can still avail free stuff from all the Loot Bags that they can win.

#55 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

You get loot bags for buying stuff. The prize isn't anything special. If you want the prize, and don't have time/ability to grind it out, buy some stuff, get free redeems. As far as events go, this is not by a long shot one of the bad ones. Completionists or casuals can both get something out of this, there's really no reason to play any weird way to try and achieve anything(even though people still will), and it's plenty long enough.

This is one of maybe a handful of events I can't complain about, so it shocks me to still see people complaining and me defending it, but I guess it shouldn't.

#56 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:49 AM

i was going to grind mc to get an assault hero, but it turns out i already had enough. seriously thinking about sitting this out till phase 2. of course those 50 mc prizes from the event page are pretty good so i might finish those.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 March 2020 - 07:51 AM.

#57 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:06 AM

I'm fine with this event, completely forgot this was the time of year for the Lucky Charms one, so it was a good surprise to find out.

Though the phase 1 was favorably extended, I'm just going to concentrate on getting the loot bags I can and other rewards. Any mech from the grand prize list can be bought with c-bills, so no rush.

#58 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:58 AM

Based on User feedback we have dropped the # required loot bags to reach the Grand Prize - Pick a Prize selection
Previously you would have to earn 300 Loot bags (meaning you would would have to max out your loot bags earned in each Phase)
We have changed it to 250 Loot bags to unlock the Grand Prize - Pick a Prize selection.
You can still earn all 300 loot bags (and more with bonus redeems) but if the Pick a prize is your main goal then you only have to earn 250 loot bags.

Thanks for playing and thanks for the valuable feedback!

Also I will be putting a few sales on for the "lucky charms" and Green related content next week as the event progresses.

Look for those (and a DropShip Sale) starting after the Hero Flash Sale!

Stay Hydrated my Friends,
Matt

#59 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Matt. Good event. I'm looking forward to earning damage and match score credit starting next week!

#60 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for considering Average Joe, Matt.
Always loved the game.
Peace-Out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users