87 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 07 March 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

Can't it be like eighteen thousand hours a day all day every day for three weeks OR 20 500 MS games? That gives everyone what they want - a grizzly, awful swirl around the mental drain hole for grind enthusiasts, and a light at the end of the tunnel for everybody else.

the problem is when you play 20 games then your average match score numbers start looking like your average match score numbers, rather than your cherry picked best.

simply divide the 75k goal by your average match score and thats the number of games you have to play, then divide the result by how many days are left to figure out how many games you need to play every day. multiply by your typical iteration time (wait+play) to find your required daily play time in minutes, divide by 60 to get hours. basic maths.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 March 2020 - 06:42 PM.

#42 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 07 March 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

That's actually a good point, if I was paid p/h I could do an extra shift and buy all this stuff (except for the warhorn) and have change and time left over.

I did some further maths. I am paying ~28c/kwh for electricity. With my new computer and monitors, at average matchtime and wait of ~10 minutes per match, it would cost me close to $20 in electricity to grind out the loot bags.

#43 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 07 March 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

I did some further maths. I am paying ~28c/kwh for electricity. With my new computer and monitors, at average matchtime and wait of ~10 minutes per match, it would cost me close to $20 in electricity to grind out the loot bags.

Is that $20 above and beyond what you would pay playing normally?

#44 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:01 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 08 March 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

Is that $20 above and beyond what you would pay playing normally?

Just normal if I was to sit down and play 300 matches. .

It's not a financial issue for me, just a measure of the amount of time it would take someone as painfully average as me to grind. However, the often given excuse of 'but poor people play too' - they would be better off paying cash still over trying to grind stuff.

#45 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:17 AM

with the last Patch MWO refuses to start, just a black screen with an error message? Also reinstalling only brought a solution until I restored my old settings, afterwards no game start again? Changes to the graphics settings or requirements? no more full window fashion?

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 09 March 2020 - 03:17 AM.

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:33 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 March 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

for an average player with around 250 match score, its still like 3 hours of grind a day, every day, for completion. that's especially if its the longer running do your best games rather than the suicide runs.

i think the dive bombing is more a result of burnout. you just get so sick of the event that you want to get it over with. they never start out that way, and it hasn't gone that way yet, but it will. once a certain percentage start, the chances for good games go out the window and then everyone starts doing it.

It's a 3 week event now, so less than 2hrs a day.

End if the day it's an event to get people playing/grinding. Some events you can do in an hour. Some last 3 weeks. If you do or don't complete them (and are annoyed if you cannot), that's you're own issue to address really.

#47 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:52 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 March 2020 - 05:33 AM, said:

End if the day it's an event to get people playing/grinding. Some events you can do in an hour. Some last 3 weeks. If you do or don't complete them (and are annoyed if you cannot), that's you're own issue to address really.

I was gonna play anyway. <snicker>
I am, however, going to stop with experimental and low end builds and just grind with my better mechs. Like my Cicada 3M 2xERLL.

Kidding, kidding.

#48 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:29 AM

End if the day it's an event to get people playing/grinding.

You know that's not the objective, you've been to the back room meetings, it's a marketing strategy.

They're trying to get as many people as possible to play so they can use cherry picked numbers to entice potential investors and stave off the end days.

There's also a good chance they're using the numbers for internal cost cutting measures... do they really need all those servers running when peak demand leaves room to switch a few off and save some CBills.

#49 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:36 PM

my math was based on a 3 week event, a 250 average match score, and a 15 minute iteration time (game plus wait time). spin those numbers how you like, but i got 3 hours/day.

and yes it is up to the player whether or not to participate. i think in this case it would be better off not to.

#50 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

The other problem with this event is some of the rewards in the loot bag. 300-500 GPX is pretty useless, 100-200K C-Bill Rewards and the consumables are useless.

Personally, I think they need to remove the consumables and c-bill rewards. I get about 300K+ per match, what they are handing out is not worthy of being in a loot bag. The GXP rewards should be in multiples of 800. They should probably replace consumables with a mech bay/camo/colors and make it rare.

Edited by Acid_Rain, 09 March 2020 - 04:07 PM.

#51 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:15 PM

View PostAcid_Rain, on 09 March 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

The other problem with this event is some of the rewards in the loot bag. 300-500 GPX is pretty useless, 100-200K C-Bill Rewards and the consumables are useless.

Personally, I think they need to remove the consumables and c-bill rewards. I get about 300K+ per match, what they are handing out is not worthy of being in a loot bag. The GXP rewards should be in multiples of 800. They should probably replace consumables with a mech bay/camo/colors and make it rare.

I've done a few Loot Bag events in the past couple of years that I've been playing. I've checked the total rewards and it's usually along the lines of 1k MC, 10mil+ C-bills, 50+ consumables, 10-days of PT and 50k GXP. Now, they've included GSP. The rewards are worth it.

#52 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

"they're giving me free stuff, wahhhhhhhh"

#53 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

seems they greately reduced the frequency and quantity of mc payouts, 30 bags in i think ive only made 20 mc. last event gave away 600 for what ended up a 2 hour event.

#54 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:15 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 09 March 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

"they're giving me free stuff, wahhhhhhhh"

Wrong attitude. You sound like an immature kid that doesn't understand constructive criticism and just accepts everything for what it is. They gave me a wedgie, it's free, therefore it's good.

First of all they aren't giving anything. They are rewarding folks for playing the event and hoping to entice more folks to play and participate. If the rewards aren't enticing in the proper way, then they need to know. C-bills and consumables are not enticing. I'd rather get nothing to be honest. GPX in multiples of 300 are worthless. They might as well be giving out high fives and atta boys.

#55 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

View PostAcid_Rain, on 09 March 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

Wrong attitude. You sound like an immature kid that doesn't understand constructive criticism and just accepts everything for what it is. They gave me a wedgie, it's free, therefore it's good.

Lmao.

Free **** in a game = wedgie.

Good opinions bro. You formulate that astounding conclusion all by yourself or did you get help from heavy hitters like Omnifail and Von Brainwald?

First of all they aren't giving anything.

They're giving you free ****.

They are rewarding folks for playing the event and hoping to entice more folks to play and participate.

And they're giving it to you.

They could also just not.

If the rewards aren't enticing in the proper way, then they need to know. C-bills and consumables are not enticing. I'd rather get nothing to be honest.

Great, then don't play. Or don't press the collect button. Or do whatever.

GPX in multiples of 300 are worthless. They might as well be giving out high fives and atta boys.

Neat. A few SP, several days of premium time, a chunk of cbills, some mc and a free mech/mech bay is a nice little haul.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 09 March 2020 - 06:29 PM.

#56 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:55 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 09 March 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Lmao.

Free **** in a game = wedgie.

Good opinions bro. You formulate that astounding conclusion all by yourself or did you get help from heavy hitters like Omnifail and Von Brainwald?

They're giving you free ****.

And they're giving it to you.

They could also just not.

Great, then don't play. Or don't press the collect button. Or do whatever.

Neat. A few SP, several days of premium time, a chunk of cbills, some mc and a free mech/mech bay is a nice little haul.

You keep resorting to ad hominem attacks.

I'm simply stating my opinion as to the worthiness of some of the rewards. If you disagree, that is fine but you seem to feel the need to attack me. First with your "wahhhhhhh", and then your obnoxious rebuttal about did you think of that yourself...

If you can't reply with some maturity, then don't reply.

I never complained about the premium time rewards, nor the MC, nor the standard run of the mill Mech reward.

After finishing phase 1, I ended up with around 3M in C-bills. I added it all up. My rewards for c-bills ranged from 50K to 115K. If you find that awe inspiring, then great. I also added up my GXP, it was 3,800 in total. That is not so hot. The MC is fine as it is, didn't complain about that. Consumables are 40K c-bills each, even added all of that to my c-bill total, I got far less than 4M C-bills. It's just not in line with the other rewards, in my opinion. Will this entice me to play future events, especially considering the increase to 500 match score per loot bag? Probably not. This event wasn't quite in line with previous ones.

People play games if they find it fun and rewarding. Are people signing up left and right to keep playing this game? If the answer isn't yes, then clearly something (maybe many things), aren't right.

#57 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

If you don't want free ****, don't play. It's quite simple. PGI has been quite generous in the amount of free **** they give away, probably more than just about any other F2P game and it's always been this way. Complaining they aren't giving you *more* free **** just makes you look like a child.

And then insinuating the free **** they're giving isn't enough to attract or keep players is just next level.

#58 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:37 PM

View PostAcid_Rain, on 09 March 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

*snip*

People play games if they find it fun and rewarding. Are people signing up left and right to keep playing this game? If the answer isn't yes, then clearly something (maybe many things), aren't right.

There was one Loot Bag event where the "Grand Prize" was a Mech Bay and the pick a prize was a Unlockable pattern for any mech. That wasn't a grand prize and people complained. THAT was valid.

Your complaint isn't valid 'cause the adding up all of the stuff in the Loot Bags equals to a lot of C-bills, GXP, GSP and MC, along with PT and consumables. What could be valid is that the mechs on offer are standard variants. But hey, this isn't a X'mas loot bag event, is it? Am I disappointed? Yeah, I am. But I can understand what this is about.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 09 March 2020 - 07:37 PM.

#59 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:54 PM

I always liked the pick a camo tbh

#60 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, pick-a-camo is great. But the one time it accompanied a Mech Bay was terrible Posted Image I prefer it with the Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users