44 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:42 AM

...For my proposed LRM Warhammer. What do you guys think? I reckon I could carry games with this beauty. The only question is, is it worth dropping ammo for Artemis like I have there, or do I really even need it given the streaming nature of C-LRMs?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:57 AM

If you want people to hold locks for you, discard the artemis, it's dead weight. You could better include a C(L)AP and more ammo. Don't think a LRMboat will ever carry reliably, tho.

#3 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:12 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 March 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

...For my proposed LRM Warhammer. What do you guys think? I reckon I could carry games with this beauty. The only question is, is it worth dropping ammo for Artemis like I have there, or do I really even need it given the streaming nature of C-LRMs?

The 4 is the superior lrm whm-iic.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:16 AM

Maybe the MPLs would drive the heat up a lot? Also, if you're trying to carry a game, I don't think that's enough ammo Posted Image

#5 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:26 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 March 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

Maybe the MPLs would drive the heat up a lot? Also, if you're trying to carry a game, I don't think that's enough ammo Posted Image

Carrying relative to other LRM pilots =)

4 MPL might be toasty though yeah. I'm torn between this and the 4 missile chassis but I would prefer the extra laser since I won't be out back hiding. But then it wouldn't be full-lrm, to adapt a phrase from a certain Ben Stiller film.

#6 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

what is this? you can do LRM 95 with the whammy2c, point in the general direction of enemy, watch them disappear, go big or go home

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:20 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 10 March 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

what is this? you can do LRM 95 with the whammy2c, point in the general direction of enemy, watch them disappear, go big or go home

You monster.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:33 AM

... only to find out the all other players voted for the "Solaris City" map.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

View Postmartian, on 10 March 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

... only to find out the all other players voted for the "Solaris City" map.

Bruv that map is the bane of my existence. I always end up out of position on it, and I have big problems with finding a way to shoot things without team mates getting in the way. I save my vote multipliers specifically for Solaris City, Forest Colony and Mining Collective.

#10 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

Hold locks for ECM please.

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 March 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

Bruv that map is the bane of my existence. I always end up out of position on it, and I have big problems with finding a way to shoot things without team mates getting in the way. I save my vote multipliers specifically for Solaris City, Forest Colony and Mining Collective.

I save my votes to get Terra Therma ... Posted Image

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

View Postmartian, on 10 March 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

I save my votes to get Terra Therma ... Posted Image

I've seen that map voted in more frequently recently, or maybe I just think that. Either way I quite enjoy it, I also vote for it when it's up - I either get a map I do alright on, or a boost for my multiplier. Win-win!

#13 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:44 PM

I just love how yet another thread turned into a map discussion- makes me realize I'm not the only one out there fuming when I feel like I wasted time dropping only to hit Solaris. Never had a fun match there, in any mech, with any team, win or loss. I feel trolled by fellow players when I see that map, since we have the power to avoid it, yet we keep ending up on it. And Mining, which I wouldn't hate so much if it didn't come up back to back and always win the votes vs maps with more variety of fights on them.

As to the actual thread topic, Ricky have you tried the 5x missile WHM-IIC or the Nova Cat for full LRM-meme status? You can even avoid taking lasers on those and double up on TAG if you want to really squeeze in extra ammo and carry hard.

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

View PostKodyn, on 10 March 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

I just love how yet another thread turned into a map discussion- makes me realize I'm not the only one out there fuming when I feel like I wasted time dropping only to hit Solaris. Never had a fun match there, in any mech, with any team, win or loss. I feel trolled by fellow players when I see that map, since we have the power to avoid it, yet we keep ending up on it. And Mining, which I wouldn't hate so much if it didn't come up back to back and always win the votes vs maps with more variety of fights on them.

As to the actual thread topic, Ricky have you tried the 5x missile WHM-IIC or the Nova Cat for full LRM-meme status? You can even avoid taking lasers on those and double up on TAG if you want to really squeeze in extra ammo and carry hard.

See I thougt I was being responsible wearing some lasers, but the more I think about it, the more I start to consider the fact that the LRM 95 variant can also pack enough ATMs to bring forth the rapture. Hmmmm.

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

I love Solaris they never expect you therePosted Image

#16 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

I'll never understand anyones hatred for Solaris. It's a fun map.

You're just doing it wrong.

#17 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:03 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 March 2020 - 05:26 AM, said:

Carrying relative to other LRM pilots =)

4 MPL might be toasty though yeah. I'm torn between this and the 4 missile chassis but I would prefer the extra laser since I won't be out back hiding. But then it wouldn't be full-lrm, to adapt a phrase from a certain Ben Stiller film.

Can't you get better LRMs with a Sunspider with ECM? It won't carry any energy hardpoints but it's a LRM-boat moving at 81kph. I think that might be something to think over 'cause with ECM, you can stay invisible at 500m and the LRMs with direct LOS at that range is pretty great. It's a tall mech as well and you can peak above the hill and slam the enemies with LRMs.

#18 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

Oh boy.. here we go..

If you wanna turn that puppy into a dedicated LRM beast, do the following:

1) Remove Artemis.. you don't need it.

2) Drop down to regular medium, or even small lasers.As a LRM boat, you need secondary weapons only to fend off lights, which means you need fast-firing weapons like small or even micro lasers.. I've had awesome results with Machineguns and Micro lasers against lights. All other uses you can LRM.

3) Invest tonnage into extra LRM ammo - 10T minimum if you want to bring it into FP

4) Install a Clan Active Probe

5) Any remaining tonnage should go into Heat Sinks.

6) Use a different variant - there is a 4 missile slot version.. you can go up to LRM70, wich is better than LRM60.

Hope this helps :D

#19 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:30 AM

7) Remove all the LRMs.

8) Pour yourself a big boy glass of whiskey. Can be anything. Don't mix it.

9) After you down the glass, pour yourself another. Meching requires you to be drunk.

10) Have a mid life crisis like me. Dye your hair black, get a nose piercing, do some edgy stuff. Say you like Britney Spears older music to really fit in with the generation. I chose NSYNC, please don't plagiarize me.

11) When you've completed the above steps, open your MWO client and go to Mechlab. Don't use LRMs. Make a rainbow laser build for maximum memes.

12) Have fun.

13) Grow old and start a family

14) Thank me when I pass away, put a Bud Weiser on my tombstone and give me a solid salute, like Saving Private Ryan, only I'm saving Private Ricky from making a massive anti fun build.

15) Become an immortal God of Mechwarrior. Revive me but then realize I'm annoying, and kill me again. Saluting me while doing so of course.

16) Get bored of the immortality and then pass away quietly on a hill, overlooking the dystopia that was once called the "United States" renamed to "BudWeiserVirusQuarantineZone".

17) I love you.

#20 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:00 AM

18) Play Edith Piaf songs

19) Whisper "Earn this" on comms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users