21 replies to this topic

#1 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:31 PM

So here is the conversation, and I will share the two pictures of what was shared with Texas, and what I see from my screen....

If anyone has an explanation of why a person watching my stream may see it differently that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/oovbaAi

What the streamer was seeing

https://imgur.com/MwQDw6y

What I see when I take a screen shot.

https://imgur.com/a/ousvMPQ

My twitch stream is psychoicon if you want to check it out or investigate yourself.

Cheers

FYI I hate cheaters, cant stand them. Everyone who plays with me knows this.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

Looks like something being garbled on the stream due to packets being dropped. Nothing to fret about.

This used to be a regular thing with live streamed video, connections have got a lot more stable since back then.

#3 Toast3r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:48 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 12 March 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

Looks like something being garbled on the stream due to packets being dropped. Nothing to fret about.

This used to be a regular thing with live streamed video, connections have got a lot more stable since back then.

This is very clearly not just some packet drop issue. Furthermore, the same recoloring changes are persistent throughout his streams if you go back and watch vods. Vorlon is either using something like reshade or Nvidia filters to get this effect, or he has actually modified some game files.

I don't know how he can claim to be ignorant of this as the different color effects are visible all throughout all of his viewable vods on twitch. Assuming he's using OBS, StreamlabsOBS, or XSplit, he should be clearly able to see his output as it goes to Twitch.

It is possible that the changes aren't visible to him in-game if he's using some sort of OBS filter that processes the frames after they've been captured, but it's really impossible to know that for sure from one screen shot. He could've easily just taken the screenshot after having turned off the filters etc. After all, those two screenshots are from completely different games.

Edited by Toast3r, 12 March 2020 - 05:48 PM.

#4 Toast3r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/562769263 (edit: skip to the match at ~16 minutes)

You can see it here pretty clearly. Seems like whatever color key you're using to recolor your crosshair and lance colors is just close enough to the laser colors that the filter recolors the lasers partially.

Edited by Toast3r, 12 March 2020 - 06:01 PM.

#5 Dithmenos

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:18 PM

Looks like color conversion artifacts. Color conversions happen at various points on the pipe between gpu driver, recorder, streamer and player. It could have failed between any of these points, because of misconfiguration.

Edited by Dithmenos, 12 March 2020 - 06:19 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:26 PM

Via the stream itself, one can see the differences in the mechlab, particularly Configuration buttons on the left (light purpleish) and the AMS selection bar (pinkish instead of light green) and the Quick Play button (darker purple) while the Selected buttons under Warehouse Weapons/Ammo/etc the highlighted one is still blue but with purple accent where it is a lighted blue (at least on my screen).

And since he is using a program to stream his sessions, how many streamers actually pay attention to details of their streaming, or go back and review in details everything? I would say seriously but dang.. some of them streamers are ****.... Posted Image

So if it is the program being used, he would not have to actually drop into a game but to do the mechlab to compare the differences between the game client and the streaming program view. Since OP has been made aware of it, it is something he would be able to review, to see if he is able to notice the differences. Going back a few weeks the effect is also there.

If he is not able to see the differences... There are people who are various levels of color blindness. And there is the default Windows 10 color filters which can change some of the games colors but a posted screenshot would look fine to the normal person, as I just played with it for a few, even the gray scale and screenshots. Even taking a screenshot in grayscale, switching back to normal the pic was normal and not in grayscale.

And since I do not stream, nor really record sessions, if I were to setup something I am certain I could frak sometime up in the settings, or make a change for a visual effect then forget about it. And when I have made a recording, it was to record a potential issue being troubleshooted. And I have not tried to change the system colors like with the color filters to check on whether or not it would record, or show normal to everyone else. I guess it would depend on where the conversion happens.

Edit.. Just to add, I have not watched lots of streams but I have seen a few that did have some interesting effects, so it is something I would not consider out of the ordinary. And Voltron, if you go to use Full Editor you can also change the Title of the post to something like Weird Visual Effects while streaming games..

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 March 2020 - 07:33 PM.

#7 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

On my end of the stream I see what I see in game. I have no mods, no edited files or anything of that nature. I dont even know half the lingo you guys are talking about....

You can go to my twitch and check it out tomorrow and give me feed back if youd like. Ill be on around lunch time CST.

And no, im not color blind and see 20/20, thanks....

#8 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:12 AM

And why exactly would one care about what color lasers does other guy have?

And threaten a ban for that? ... LOL

#9 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

Voltron is def no cheater, but that is some weird looking s**t with the lasers.

#10 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:04 AM

From what I'm looking at, there's no cheating here.

I am color blind, and due to Russ's ineptness found PGI's color blindness solution "wanting"... Gee, change the SHAPE of targeting reticule if you HAPPEN to hit something? Because, as we all know, after the fact shape changes cures every color blindness known to man...

Anyway, that aside, I too have enabled the Windows colorblindness filters on my PC, have adjusted the in game video settings to suit my preferences and performance, AND BEYOND THAT, PGI has long since stated that any Crysis config option not explicitly disabled is fair game for use in the USER.CFG.

The one thing that PGI has done a fairly good job at has been to disable most of the options that could grant significant advantages if one player was using a custom USER.CFG verses a player who wasn't.

There's nothing here to worry about that I can see...

Edited by Dimento Graven, 13 March 2020 - 08:05 AM.

#11 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:05 AM

Watched some more of Voltron's streams.

The ONLY thing I'd make a 'hackuzation' on (that's where it should be taken as a compliment, he's playing so well it's "like" he's hacking) is his ability to keep lasers on the target 'mech when he fires them.

I'm jealous that he keeps more of his duration ON the target than I seem to be able to (meaning: he's better with lasers than I am).

Beyond that there was no 'preternatural' ability to seemingly see through walls, or anything outside skilled play.

He's just got some weird color shading going on, and I'm not seeing it help him aim any better than the rest of us.

#12 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

This is gonna sound dumb, but how are you applying the overlay on your Twitch output? You have a rounded red line border around the entire visible area of the video, but the corners that have been "rounded off" have a bright purple filler that extend out the rest of the way to the edges of the stream window. That purple filler color is the same as the color of your purple lasers.

#13 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

The funny thing is that if you use a ASUS monitor you can totally change the graphics settings and even add a on top target reticle and other junk and nobody could btch about it. Someone was just being a jerk.

#14 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 12 March 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

On my end of the stream I see what I see in game. I have no mods, no edited files or anything of that nature. I dont even know half the lingo you guys are talking about....

You can go to my twitch and check it out tomorrow and give me feed back if youd like. Ill be on around lunch time CST.

And no, im not color blind and see 20/20, thanks....

Fyi, I am not making any accusations. And you sorta made a general statement but do you NOT see the different colorization as noted below on the recorded tracks themselves? Does anyone else say that in the Mechlab?

Via the (adding- recorded) stream itself, one can see the differences in the mechlab, particularly (edited - Mechlab) Configuration buttons on the left (light purpleish) and the AMS selection bar (pinkish instead of light green) and the Quick Play button (darker purple) while the Selected buttons under Warehouse Weapons/Ammo/etc the highlighted one is still blue but with purple accent where it is should be lighted blue (at least on my screen).

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 March 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#15 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

Even if he did that intentionally, I really do not see how that's giving him an advantage.

If you want to cheat, just go with good old wallhack and autoaim.

#16 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Voltron is an absolute moron - Incapable of figuring out cheat software in the first place.

Case closed.

Edited by S t P a u l y, 13 March 2020 - 07:08 PM.

#17 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:56 PM

So I stream on and off and my internet has been either between hot garbage or okayish, so here's the verdict:

Why would different colors or shade be an unfair advantage? Just looking at it hurts my eyes, if anything, that would handicap me, but whatever.

Furthermore, folks modify their files anyways to enhance their own experience, or in this case, a streams. I use the MLG Betty because it's funnier than hell, but no one is raising a stink on how that's an unfair advantage. Or any other sound file.

Sounds like a minor case of butt hurt. Who ****** cares if you reshaded your lasers, purposfully or not? As long as it's pretty clear you're not aimbotting, which why would you in this game anyways, and not wallhacking, which again, why would you anyways, it really shouldn't matter.

Don't like what you see? Don't watch.

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 13 March 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

Why would different colors or shade be an unfair advantage? Just looking at it hurts my eyes, if anything, that would handicap me, but whatever.
High visibility, I presume, not unlike fullbright skins in Quake once upon a time.

#19 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

DAMNED FULLBRIGHT SKINS RAAAAAAAA... The old hate runs deep still !

#20 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:14 PM

View PostHorseman, on 14 March 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

High visibility, I presume, not unlike fullbright skins in Quake once upon a time.

Because lasers aren't bright enough as is? Weird

Edited by Kubernetes, 14 March 2020 - 10:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users