Back After A Year+. How Are Things?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Droolcup Commando

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:02 AM

As title suggests. Just logged in for a few games today after over a year long break. Had a few questions.

1. Whos holding the Op meta-crown these days (if any) Clan or IS?

2. Have any more major nerfs to specific weapon types happened? (like the Clan laser weapon changes from like 2 years ago)

3. Hows quickplay/teamplay Matchmaking speeds? (from what i was tonight it still finds matches fairly well in quickplay. not sure on Teamplay)

4. What mechs are the currant boogeyman/men? Is the Pirahna still the most feared mech or have more ancient demons awakened?

5. How many Steiner stealth lance cockpits are filled with bees?

thanks for your time fellow MWs

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:16 AM

Nothing much has changed in the last year, other than the death of group queue when Russ put the game in maintenance mode last May. But balance-wise nuthin new.

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:18 AM

View PostDroolcup Commando, on 22 March 2020 - 04:02 AM, said:

As title suggests. Just logged in for a few games today after over a year long break. Had a few questions.

1. Whos holding the Op meta-crown these days (if any) Clan or IS?

I would say that it is 50:50.

The IS has greater selection of light 'Mechs. Mediums and Heavies are balanced with both sides having better and worse 'Mechs. As for the Assault class, IS 'Mechs are more durable, Clan 'Mechs sometimes pack serious punch and sometimes better mobility.

2. Have any more major nerfs to specific weapon types happened? (like the Clan laser weapon changes from like 2 years ago)

Nothing that gamebreaking, I would say.

3. Hows quickplay/teamplay Matchmaking speeds? (from what i was tonight it still finds matches fairly well in quickplay. not sure on Teamplay)

The matchmaking speed is okay. A minute or two in off-peak times and a 10-20 seconds in the peak time.

4. What mechs are the currant boogeyman/men? Is the Pirahna still the most feared mech or have more ancient demons awakened?

Piranha was quite common around the Christmas, when many players have picked in up in the Reward programme, but it is less common now (but not rare).

5. How many Steiner stealth lance cockpits are filled with bees?

thanks for your time fellow MWs

Rephrase your question, please.

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:58 AM

Pretty simple how things are.

Near enough the same to a year ago.

Only differences are

1. Skill level is down.
2. Wait times are up.
3. Population is extremely low now.

#5 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:52 AM

1-4. Same as a year ago. Sadly, MWO development has been put on hold until further notice (that has yet to come), and I think the only PGI people working on MWO are the ones that make new promotions.

5. Surprisingly enough, Steiner scout forces appear somewhat regularly now, seeing how they now have gay stealth armour. Think LRM Fatlasses and double heavy cheese Pfaffnirs. My Prihanna approves Posted Image

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:45 AM

Pretty much everything Bud, Martian and Ash said...

The only real “boogeyman” we are seeing is the “skill VEagle” (ATM boatVapor Eagle)....which is basically a way for even low skill players to cheese a 800+ damage match without much effort. If a skilled pilot happens to use it, it can do even more. It’s lock-on cheese....but you know folks are going roll with it. We have seen more quad AMS corsairs of late, as well....which is as close hard counter to ATM boats as you can get. Stealth Fleas and stealth commandos are more common now as they buffed stealth maybe a year ago. Not super powerful....but just be ready for those.

#7 Droolcup Commando

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies. ride with style my fellow stompy enthusiasts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users