- - - - -

Countermodedo Bap And Ecm- Stack Somehow?

6 replies to this topic

#1 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:12 AM

Playing around in mechlab and am somewhat unsure if I get the functionality of both items combined right. Mebbe some more experienced players can help me out a little.

When I mount an ECM and a BAP at the same time, I get the "protective bubble" AND have the functionality of an ECM in countermode via the BAP simultaneously?

What I can NOT do, is having some sort of double-countermeasure by switching the installed ECM into countermode while having the BAP countering an enemy ECM already?

This how it works? Posted Image

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:23 AM

no. The ECM countering function is disabled when you have an ECM equipped. Only the information boost and targeting shutdown mechs remains. An AP on an ECM mech is mostly wasted space and tonnage.

#3 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:08 AM

Alright. Thanks a lot for the clarification ... seems like you got me another 1,5tons to spend.

./salute

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 March 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

no. The BAP's ECM countering function is disabled when you have an ECM equipped...

Just tweaking for more clarity.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 26 March 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

Just tweaking for more clarity.

Acknowledged. I could've been more clearer there. And I'm gonna top yours in return. Posted Image

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 March 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

Any AP's ECM countering function is disabled when you have an ECM equipped. Only the information boost and targeting shutdown mechs remains. An AP on an ECM mech is mostly wasted space and tonnage.

#6 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

Stop bogglin with my mind ... so can I mount like 3 BAPs to increase information gathering and shut down detection even more?!

May be I can de-cloak stealthed mechs with just enough BAPs installed ... or retire my detection dog while on drug / border control? Sitting in a mech instead of having a dog around should raise em suspects willingness to cooperate a lot. Now THAT's what I'd call Home Office!
All those possibilities ... Posted Image

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 27 March 2020 - 02:12 AM.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image You can not mount more than one AP. Same with TC's and CC. A single mech can never counter more than one ECM at a time EXCEPT when you shoot the ecm mech with PPCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users