Large % Of Disconnects Lately ?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Pops

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

I've noticed my DC rate going from around 5% to over 20% in the last few days, my other online games don't have this problem. Any work arounds ?
My PC is only a few yrs old and works smooth with other games except this one, crashes happen just before planet drop and sometimes mid battle. Most annoying as I figured the game has been around long enough to be somewhat stable by now

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

First tis disconnects, then it is crashes? DC would either send you back to the client whereas crashing closes MWO complete with an error message.

And if it is actual DC, and if that is 5 games out of 100 to 1 game out of 5, that is a ton. I cannot remember the last time I dc in a game but it has been many months.

1 No mods installed?
2. ISP/State
3. Take note of which servers.
4. System configuration
5. Power Options, set to High Performance

Reboot Router/modem. Make sure computer heatsinks are cleared of dust buildup and fans are running properly.

Play in Full Windowed Mode and not Full Screen mode.

Reset Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).

Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left)

Choose Command Prompt (Admin). Or Windows Key + R key and type in CMD

When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

Again, if actual DC and not a crash, also try a few different VPN. They both hide type of traffic, but most importantly could possibly reroute connection between your system and both the authorization server (log in/mechlab/etc) and each of the actual game servers.

#3 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

Getting: Black Loading screen & Disconnect. So many splintered work around posts.
They seem to be failing me.

I tried this and got some luck but still too bad. Hurts games, giving it a break.

How many people has this turned away over the years? 2013-2020.

For the lack of a nail... business hurting architecture.(no one cares)

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 30 March 2020 - 02:51 PM.

#4 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:35 AM

my games crashing 1 in 10 games only on the n.american server and only on the n.american server as bad if not worse than oceanic server was at its worst ive turned around and refuse to play on the n.american server due to this issue

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 December 2020 - 08:07 AM

There is a difference between MWO actually crashing (windows error), and a disconnect where connectivity has been lost, either to the game server itself (regions) and/or to the base/authentication service (NA but different NA location than game server, iirc).
  • You stated your issue but have not stated what troubleshooting steps, if any has been taken...See my previous post....
  • Which server(s) is most problematic? As you noted, NA, bad or worse then Oceanic. And NA servers are, afaik in Canada, not the States.
  • You and your mates locations? Likely Europe, hai? Which countries?
  • What ISPs?
  • On #5, checked various forums where other customers on the same ISP may be having issues with either connecting or staying connected to various NA websites, etc?
  • Wired and/or wireless? ie, Wireless to router/gateway (combo router/modem) then wired from gateway/modem to ISP.
  • see #1 !!!! and more importantly testing with a VPN (last paragraph in my previous post) VPN has the potential of hiding the type of traffic from ISP and/or the broadband service provider your ISP buys its access from, thus providing potential throttling.
  • Also VPN has the potential to REROUTE the path your signal travels from your ISP to the PGI servers, bypass router management systems that may be experiencing issues and/or overload.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users