#1 Malakie

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 79 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:16 PM

Is there a way to turn OFF my hotas? Something is wrong with the controller code in the game.. My throttle moves my player forward and back and I have to find the exact center to get my player to stop walking.. BUT worse, none of the keyboard commands function.. wsda, none work..

For some reason the game is only seeing my HOTAS and trying to use it.. I do not want to use it, I want mouse/KB use only..

Any ideas on fixing this?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:31 AM

Obvious solution is to simply unplug Joystick. This would be the same as if a player had another controller plugged, causing the mech to go in circles, etc.

If a joystick/other controller is connected to the computer, I am not aware of how to prevent MWO from utilizing it without unplugging it.

You could try this, from a 2013 post. Essentially change clearing the value in each joystick setting, if I am reading that correctly. The current menu just click on the X key to clear the action then save. Unfortunately there isn't a setting to disable joystick use, thus I believe you would still need to unplug it.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__3234389

I got it to work today. If you set up the controller on xpadder like you want it you can then configure the controller settings in WMO to almost ignore the controller. As another person had mentioned on the forums you need to start with the lower portion of the controller settings and go to the last one that is preset. Double click in the value and it will say something like "set value". Use the back button on the controller for that value. Do this for each of the preset values in the lower portion of the controller section. They will continue to overwrite the next value and leave the previous value empty. For the upper portion, which determines movement, you can do the same thing for whichever joystick you have for your "w" key. For me it was the left stick up. Set all the values with that and end with the analogue throttle. That should leave all the upper area values empty except for analog throttle. So analog throttle will be the same stick direction as your xpadder "w". This basically duplicates the xpadder value in MWO. I just tested it and it works without issue.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 March 2020 - 08:09 AM.

#3 Malakie

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 79 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 29 March 2020 - 07:31 AM, said:

Obvious solution is to simply unplug Joystick. This would be the same as if a player had another controller plugged, causing the mech to go in circles, etc.

If a joystick/other controller is connected to the computer, I am not aware of how to prevent MWO from utilizing it without unplugging it.

You could try this, from a 2013 post. Essentially change clearing the value in each joystick setting, if I am reading that correctly. The current menu just click on the X key to clear the action then save. Unfortunately there isn't a setting to disable joystick use, thus I believe you would still need to unplug it.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__3234389

I got it to work today. If you set up the controller on xpadder like you want it you can then configure the controller settings in WMO to almost ignore the controller. As another person had mentioned on the forums you need to start with the lower portion of the controller settings and go to the last one that is preset. Double click in the value and it will say something like "set value". Use the back button on the controller for that value. Do this for each of the preset values in the lower portion of the controller section. They will continue to overwrite the next value and leave the previous value empty. For the upper portion, which determines movement, you can do the same thing for whichever joystick you have for your "w" key. For me it was the left stick up. Set all the values with that and end with the analogue throttle. That should leave all the upper area values empty except for analog throttle. So analog throttle will be the same stick direction as your xpadder "w". This basically duplicates the xpadder value in MWO. I just tested it and it works without issue.

Yea unplugging not an option. Nor should anyone be required to remove their gear for a game to work properly.... I was hoping I could find the mappings or config file and turn it off but I can't find any such file for the game.. so am stuck not playing until the devs do something about it.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

(chuckles) MWO has been in maintenance mode for several months, even then when they were actually "working" on it, getting anything changed was like trying to draw blood from a turnip.

Did you go into settings, and on the joystick "click on the X key" next to each JS command to remove it, essentially clearing the mapped ability?

As noted, there is not a permanent, one click way to disable joystick but then there has not been a demand for it, nor has anyone who has a joystick plugged and is determined not having to remove said stick to get keyboard command to work, has anyone posted if clearing the commands then saving it would work or not.

And MWO is not the first game, nor will it be the last one. Division, which is lot larger and had/have more people working on it took it awhile to add the ability to disable/ignore a connected device.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users