When Is Snipe Spam Gonna Get The Same Treatment?

228 replies to this topic

#221 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 14 April 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

The Corsair-7A is a useful mech...but mostly when acting as an umbrella against ATMs/LRMs. Plus the 3 RAC2 build with MLs still has solid offensive capability. Its niche for sure because if the other team brings no missiles its then just a slightly under-gunned assault. If the other team does have missiles though youll be happy to have it near you!

yes and no;
the conversation was about a dropdeck, which means FW; even though it's not possible to mix, a deck consisting of -4- AMS-mechs isn't useful. sure, you can catch all the missiles the other guys throw at you.
but is there any chance you win a "fair" fight against an enemy mech with either of those if they -don't- bring all the missiles in the world..?
for QP, the 7a is a valid choice. for FW though...............? and when you're answer is "yes", then maybe there is something wrong with the fw-matches you're in.

#222 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

yes and no;
the conversation was about a dropdeck, which means FW; even though it's not possible to mix, a deck consisting of -4- AMS-mechs isn't useful. sure, you can catch all the missiles the other guys throw at you.
but is there any chance you win a "fair" fight against an enemy mech with either of those if they -don't- bring all the missiles in the world..?
for QP, the 7a is a valid choice. for FW though...............? and when you're answer is "yes", then maybe there is something wrong with the fw-matches you're in.

on polar and caustic corsair is a great choice for FP in the vast majority of drops

#223 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 14 April 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

on polar and caustic corsair is a great choice for FP in the vast majority of drops

well, if the erppc / erLL meta isn't dead - and I suppose it ain't - , when do they ever get into the <8-900 bracket on polar that you think "cool to have that 4x ams around"?

and caustic - yeah, I'll give you that; has it's uses. I still prefer to dish out more pain when dropping IS, and on clanside .. dakka-asp surely doesn't care about the corsair, and seeing 4ams makes the choice to trade with it (read: dakka it into the ground) so much easier..

again: not saying it's a bad mech; just saying that as long as you 'control the board', and that's what fw is about a lot of time, it is just not needed.
it just doesn't play towards grinding the reds down nearly as well as other mechs, which is basically your goal each and every time sans conquest.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 14 April 2020 - 01:53 PM.

#224 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:28 PM

erll/ppc meta on polar is great, until a sneaky light narcs you, if there's 3-4 IDF aholes on the other side, you have about 10 seconds to live at best

it does a very metaish loadout, it has 4 very high mounts that you stick 4 ERLL on, has room for a decent TC and dissipation is decent. With 4 ams, it's very good

#225 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:41 PM

lurms have never been a problem with a decent team on polar - organised troll-lurmin excluded, but both sides can play that.
(its also only fun for the narcers, as lurmin a narced target is about the most boring thing to do for 15+ minutes, including picking your nose).

OTOH I haven't played in like half a year, 3 matches beginning of april excluded. so there's very little I know about the current state of organised play. if you say it's good on polar, by all means run it.

If I ever get back into the game, it'll still be stalkers and battlemasters for me on polar, though. ain't no lurmer coming close enough to these things ;)

#226 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:55 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 April 2020 - 11:49 PM, said:

That's a nice run.. don't ruin it now! Posted Image

there's no need to, right?
I mean, whatever little new blood gets into the game - he/she/it can still wipe the floor with you, once they close the distance to <180meters, right? and as long as T5s still roflstomp Vel, the world is still in order.

but if you ever miss a smooth & gentle TK, I trust there are still A LOT of people ingame who will happily do so if you ask them nicely. ..and maybe even if you don't ask Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 16 April 2020 - 10:01 AM.

#227 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:20 AM

Outrageous!
in sarcastic font

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 April 2020 - 02:21 AM.

#228 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:23 AM

LRM are fine there about as balanced as they are going to get there in a very good spot not OP but not useless. I don't get this LRMs have bin nerfed so bad there worthless there not and yes direct fire sniping is strong if you are a good shot.

Edited by SirSmokes, 22 April 2020 - 06:25 AM.

#229 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

No problem.

According to Jarls your your retired, dont play the game any more.

Just sheet post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users