Shoot Out Ii Event And Iic Or Not Iic Sale

58 replies to this topic

#41 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:43 AM

Just want to thank PGI and whoever setup this event.
I was so burned out from the super grind on the last event that It almost made me sick to even think about playing MWO.
When I read about this event in the forums and checked out the requirements, it was such a feeling of relief that I finally logged back in and am actually enjoying playing again.
PLAYING a GAME should be FUN, not a grind that just burns up your life.
Thank you PGI.
Peace

#42 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:35 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 11 April 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

I was so burned out from the super grind on the last event that It almost made me sick to even think about playing MWO.

The person that made you sick, the person who made the last event, is the same person who made this event.
So who are you thanking again and why? Posted Image

#43 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:40 PM

I have no way of knowing who designs or authorizes these events.
What I do know is that the previous event was a horrible time demanding ordeal, and the current event is more fun because the requirements and time allotment are very reasonable.
Games should be fun, not a drag.
I am grateful for this and wanted to show my appreciation.
Perhaps the designer is a good player and that is the reason he set the bar as high as he did on the prior event.
And maybe he realized he was leaving a substantial percentage of the player base behind, ergo the lower requirements for this event.
Just speculation, but the end result is favorable never the less.
Peace

#44 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

Mech bays filled now. Got an Orion IIC as brawler, Rifleman IIC with AC2s and a Highlander IIC as LRM boat in this sale. The refits did cost more than the chassis, these big clan XLs are pricey. Posted Image Posted Image

#45 colt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:31 PM

I'd be happier to have new new mechs verses new ones we've had for years. I know Rifleman IIC is fairly new, maybe last new mech added to the game.

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:46 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 11 April 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

The person that made you sick, the person who made the last event, is the same person who made this event.
So who are you thanking again and why? Posted Image

Why can't you thank a person one day and be unhappy with them the other? Why should you forcefully either keep thanking them or disliking them all the time?

#47 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:08 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 11 April 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Just want to thank PGI and whoever setup this event.

What exactly was super grind about the previous event, it was originally 18 days to do 75k match score, and 75k damage for maximum 300 earned loot bags, and only 250 was needed for a free mech+mech bay (that wasn't even a special mech of any sort). Even before they did the week long extension, I had done 250 bags each on 3 different accounts and I skipped playing several days altogether in that original period.

#48 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:45 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 April 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

What exactly was super grind about the previous event, it was originally 18 days to do 75k match score, and 75k damage for maximum 300 earned loot bags, and only 250 was needed for a free mech+mech bay (that wasn't even a special mech of any sort). Even before they did the week long extension, I had done 250 bags each on 3 different accounts and I skipped playing several days altogether in that original period.

Average match score <250. Average match time ~5 minutes. Not for normal people to grind. Good for you that you have nothing else in your life.

#49 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:00 AM

So that event was nice. How about the tRaditional easter event?

#50 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:13 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 11 April 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Perhaps the designer is a good player ...

I can´t stop laughing. Please stop! Posted Image

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 April 2020 - 05:46 PM, said:

Why can't you thank a person one day and be unhappy with them the other? Why should you forcefully either keep thanking them or disliking them all the time?

Of course you can thank a person one day and be unhappy with them the other.
It´s just my opinion that you should clearly state your unhappiness over the fact that this person is making the same mistakes over and over and over, yet promising to do it better in the next event. So just because that person does an easy event unintentionally, doesn´t mean you have to thank him like he knows what he is doing.

#51 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:59 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 12 April 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

Of course you can thank a person one day and be unhappy with them the other.
It´s just my opinion that you should clearly state your unhappiness over the fact that this person is making the same mistakes over and over and over, yet promising to do it better in the next event. So just because that person does an easy event unintentionally, doesn´t mean you have to thank him like he knows what he is doing.

No, unless you have proof that it was unintentional, you can't say he doesn't know what he's doing. Among all of the PGI staff, the art team, the Support and the events are the one thing that do well. Granted that the events aren't really focused on FW doesn't mean that many people play MWO during events. Moreover, whenever you bring it to his notice that the event is not that good or has some faults, he does change it to some extent.

#52 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:36 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 12 April 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

So that event was nice. How about the tRaditional easter event?

Nope.

#53 JoeCold

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMallory's World

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone remember when this event ended? I'm trying to figure out my 2 week window for cashing in the rewards.
(really wish the start and stop clocks on events also included dates)

#54 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:44 AM

View PostJoeCold, on 17 April 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

Does anyone remember when this event ended? I'm trying to figure out my 2 week window for cashing in the rewards.
(really wish the start and stop clocks on events also included dates)
RIP. It expired two days ago - see https://mwomercs.com...s?t=202003lucky

Edited by Horseman, 17 April 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#55 JoeCold

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:32 PM

View PostHorseman, on 17 April 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

RIP. It expired two days ago - see https://mwomercs.com...s?t=202003lucky

That link is from Lucky Charms. I know Shootout 2 hasn't expired yet because the awards still show a "Redeem" button and when they expire they go back to "Locked." But I don't remember when they do expire.

Edited by JoeCold, 17 April 2020 - 01:32 PM.

#56 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:10 PM

Check the event page from the ingame browser, there you will see the remaining time to claim your rewards

#57 JoeCold

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 April 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

Check the event page from the ingame browser, there you will see the remaining time to claim your rewards

I never new that! Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users