Solo And Group Queue Combined For Next 4 Weeks

85 replies to this topic

#81 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:25 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 30 April 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

That's because QP isn't QP anymore. It's group queue, and group queue abandons all semblances of weight and/or PSR balancing, if there ever was such a thing to begin with. Assault mechs spawn in alpha lance, which on many maps is the dumbest place to put a slow, gigantic mech that can't even step over a pebble, and if the premade you get matched with is all lights then you can guarantee that you must majorly out damage the enemy team to win, because they actually have more health than yours. All of these have been known issues with group queue since forever, only now you get to enjoy them whether you like it or not. There is no refuge from it.

Groups dont have to choose assualt mechs
Groups are Number 1
Choose better less whining

View PostKiran Yagami, on 30 April 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Lul. You picked the weakest technicality to make your argument over and then reframed my argument to fit your narrative. Weak.

You choose to sheet post with no substance
Same ole
weak sheet

#82 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:31 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 29 April 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

It's almost as if the most dangerous thing to the average PUG is a group or something playing together.

Its a fact not almost

#83 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:47 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 29 April 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

It's almost as if the most dangerous thing to the average PUG is a group or something playing together.

Funny that you are so smug. Why? Because I think for groups the same holds true. I mean, why did the group mode die? Simply because all those "I want to play competetively", "Only organized play is fun" and "Playing is only fun with my oh so beloved friends" was apparently no fun at all when you had not staked the odds in your favour but had to face other organized groups.

Hypocrisy at its best, eh?

#84 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 30 April 2020 - 10:47 AM, said:

Funny that you are so smug. Why? Because I think for groups the same holds true. I mean, why did the group mode die? Simply because all those "I want to play competetively", "Only organized play is fun" and "Playing is only fun with my oh so beloved friends" was apparently no fun at all when you had not staked the odds in your favour but had to face other organized groups.

Hypocrisy at its best, eh?

Ah, the fun days of groups dodging groups in FW so they could farm pugs.

#85 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:04 PM

View PostRJF Volkodav, on 30 April 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

Lots of potatoes think they are good with "stealth poking" shits like SHC or impossible to hit on their flea/pir. So wrong.

https://clips.twitch...ZucchiniPJSugar

Posted Image

Generally the ones that don't realize that it takes distractions to really amp up that effective evasion.

Being the only target in front of two assaults while moving in straight lines? Enjoy becoming the next dead shiny metal donut.

View PostM829, on 30 April 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Why are T1 player in with t4 players? FIX IT NOW!

Because you'd end up Tier-blocking groups, namely the usual 4-man.

Effectively, this kludge destroyed even the mockery of matchmaking by tier, tonnage, or anything else.

View PostJediPanther, on 30 April 2020 - 08:56 AM, said:

Watched my brother play yesterday. Games were total wipes with teams that had players acting as if they all just installed the game for the first time. No attempt of team work,no communication even with the com wheel, players just hiding and randomly shooting etc.

That would be because the players that actually prefer to team up are now in alpha lances together, while the rest of the PUG horde is biased even more strongly to maximum derp. Even when not dysfunctional, the frequent shattering of the usual NASCAR mode has them even more confused than usual.

View PostDirePlayer, on 30 April 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

Tried a few more games but afraid its R.I.P MWO. Shame MW5 is rubbish at least it would of been something to play.

The obvious solution is to get into a 4-man yourself, as this is the best way to play the solo mode.

*derps*

Yes. Group up in solo. Grolo, don't YOLO.

#86 GM Patience

Senior Customer Service Agent

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

Please post your comments on this topic in COMBINING GROUP AND SOLO QUEUES - 4 WEEK TEST. This thread has been locked now in order to keep the discussion in one place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users