Ruber------Banding Bug And Group Que

6 replies to this topic

#1 Negat1ve Nancy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

Better to fix match maker so the low end players do not meet the high end players.
Sounds logical to me
Just not to the guys who make this game, scratching my head.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

There are currently many things that could be done to help this game. Most I feel are "small fixes" to what currently exists.

Excluding your rubber banding issue...
- MM is relatively okay at the moment. PSR is, in principal, a good idea. However, how it was actually implemented is more so the problem. Too many ways up, not enough ways down. First, win and loss should be removed from the equation completely. Have it based strictly on match score. Those who achieve "average" match scores in a match should always get a PSR = result. Those that do under "average" scores should lose PSR, with brackets leading to worse performance hitting PSR harder. Do above "average", go up with similar brackets for better increases. Finally, your PSR should shift a lot faster for better/worse performance than it currently does. I would say 20-50 matches of a PSR change score should change your PSR. Not hundreds or thousands of matches.
- Normal QP should remain solo, no groups of any kind permitted. We use to have 4 man groups or less in Solo play... and it was removed back then for a reason. No need to go back to what already didn't work. Instead, I still think that players should have the option to Opt In to dropping as solo into GP matches to help flush the ranks as needed. I know there are people, such as myself, who would happily opt into it.

As for your final complaint, I don't think any amount of tutorials can help. A more in depth tutorial might be helpful, but it would have to cover "unchanging" aspects of the game. Otherwise, a single change and the tutorial is completely wrong and needs to be redone... If anything, you just need to accept that some people don't want to go into more in depth tactics, and are here just to be "big stompy robit". Best I can say, is that training willing players who want to get better is going to be the job of the community. Bring positive advise and friendly help to players (compared to bringing players down and calling them bads because they don't know how to do X).

#3 Hendoge

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:58 AM

Low quality players are better than players who don't play at all. Firstly, if you want to complain about tactics, don't stand at the back and do nothing the whole game, getting literally 0 damage. Second, if you don't like the level of player at tier 3/4, get yourself to tier 1. The game is for everyone and its great that every level of player can go up against a similar level of player, and even get challenged with higher tiers.

Group queue has changed the game for many people and is a huge benefit as a whole. It opens up a whole new realm of tactical play when coordinating with 3 other people.

I have had a huge positive experience since the launch of group queue.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

Us Low quality players were doing just fine in solo que, until Uncle Russtopher put them groups in it.
Why don't you groups play in the group or FW queues?
Guess the low quality groups got wrekt and the queues died. I am sensing a pattern here!

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 13 June 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

Us Low quality players were doing just fine in solo que, until Uncle Russtopher put them groups in it.
Why don't you groups play in the group or FW queues?
Guess the low quality groups got wrekt and the queues died. I am sensing a pattern here!

The Group Queue died when PGI announced that MW:O work was going on a "as needed basis while (they) finish up MW5 release". People of course took that with a knee jerk reaction declaring the game dead and 'leaving' because the game wasn't "going to ever get worked on again" (not what PGI said).

Sadly, something needed to be done to make GP work again. I would have preferred solos optioning into dropping in GP (I would have), as we already tried the 'groups in solo queue" before and moved away from it... Though back then it was 8v8 matches to be fair, so a 4 man premade team was half your team...
I think this is starting to fall into the category of "you(PGI) can't do anything right" no matter what they did.

#6 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:57 PM

I disagree,
Group queue died because of skill gap.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users