Returning Player Rage

86 replies to this topic

#81 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

I’ve been playing for years with all types of units. I don’t hardly log in due to the egos of some of the old players being rude and acting like it’s their back yard. We all log in to have fun and shoot stuff and take a break from the stress of life. For the most part most players or pieces of units left are great. I suggest you try to play with some units like cobra/mj12/gnx/hhod/ms. And a few others. But these small groups have never let me down for a get lost in game and have an enjoyable experience. Not a whole lot of players left but find them and you won’t regret it. These units I mentioned have no ego. Play with them all if you can.

#82 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:14 AM

I came back after 8 years away.

I looked over the games current state and figured I'd give it a try again. Originally I quit cause I could not stand the grinding needed to keep up but figured I'd give it another try. That and I REALLY wanted to play a Mechwarrior game again.

Hit my Mechbay cap immediately. (Still had my 4 beta mechs) So I looked at ways to get Mechbays. Real Money or MC which you do earn thru events but at a slow rate (steady but slow, which is fine) and FP. (waiting patiently for a Mechbay sale)

Now someone in the community which I'll refrain from mentioning by name was awesome and donated me 5 bays.

Great now I have enough bays so I can build a deck to start Faction play so I can earn more Mechbays which will expand my options.

So I look up multiple guides and ask anyone that will give advice on FP. Got noob FP starter mechs/builds copy pasted over and set up. Play them for a week in QP just to get used to the feel of them. Do consistent 500+ damage with each during QP as well as always trying for a positive KDR.

Figure I am ready to dip my toes in. Even if we lose that is fine I don't mind losing while I learn.

Holy mother of god is Faction Mode a complete soul crushing, rage inducing, crap shoot. I literally can not hate it any more than I do at this moment of typing up this post. (yes I am still salty after throwing myself into the meat grinder for the last hour so forgive me for venting but seriously)

If your team isn't coordinated to a minimum level there is literally NO point. Even then we had 1 AFK and the match was completely over. Not to mention after someone else realized we had an AFK they dropped immediately so we were down 2 people about 2 mins in.

An the cherry on top was this was after waiting for +30 mins both times just to get a game. (I couldn't even find one last night) QP sometimes has a wait time but its never that bad. (like 5 mins tops usually but most of the time is like 1-3 mins.

People did warn me about not joining FP as a solo so this is on me but god damn I had no idea how bad it actually was.

I'mma go to bed and try to calm down a little but Christ on a ******* if FP isn't the most disheartening mode in this entire game. Like I'll lose bad in QP or get smoked in Solaris an move on or feel like "Ok I can do better" but FP feels like a complete and utter waste of time as a solo player. (worse than that its actively a bad experience as a "new/returning" player)

#83 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:08 PM

So take a nap, and then prob ask for a team 2 join (if u are not lucky 2 get contacts over faction chat etc. U might need 2 play a few to meet a group and ask for invite). U will never go back to qp once u played faction in a team vs team match. If u wait for 30+mins u prob got skipped because of bigger group. Most evenings matches kick off one after the other. U should watch the que before joining in. No need to sit in an empty que for 30+.

But the one DC and one rage quit rly sound like a tough one (prob group vs pugs in addition).

#84 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 26 May 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

So take a nap, and then prob ask for a team 2 join (if u are not lucky 2 get contacts over faction chat etc. U might need 2 play a few to meet a group and ask for invite). U will never go back to qp once u played faction in a team vs team match. If u wait for 30+mins u prob got skipped because of bigger group. Most evenings matches kick off one after the other. U should watch the que before joining in. No need to sit in an empty que for 30+. But the one DC and one rage quit rly sound like a tough one (prob group vs pugs in addition).

All I meant when I posted tho is that from the perspective of a PUG solo que player FP felt completely hopeless. I am sure with a proper group the mode can shine but god damn was it miserable as a solo player.

I'll try to find a group and see if the experience changes but damn that was not a good first impression.

#85 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:16 PM

It's not the way it is designed to be played. Dropping solo in cw even top 1% will struggle if they got unlucky with the pug lottery.

#86 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:49 AM

The density of some people is amazing ... I´d love to test out their physical properties in search for a shielding material for ITER ...

#87 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

View PostDakkonn, on 26 May 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

All I meant when I posted tho is that from the perspective of a PUG solo que player FP felt completely hopeless. I am sure with a proper group the mode can shine but god damn was it miserable as a solo player.

Do you read my thing? I posted a thing.
https://mwomercs.com...r-starting-out/

I pretty much drop solo all the time and have a blast every match. You just gotta not mind if your people make poor tactical decisions, which, to be fair, isn't all that different from Quickplay.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users