Why Rtx Voice The Fps Decreases

9 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:31 AM

I have found this informative Video, unfortunately only available in german, though it has funky subtitles if you want.
Key is the Powerlimit and RTX Voice uses part of the Powerlimit up leaving less for graphical performance - this means you have up to 12% less FPS.

#2 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:40 AM

Using GPU to reduce audio background noise...
Nice proof of concept, but IMHO a good external Sound Card, a good Mic and Headphones can't replaced by that.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:55 PM

I mean, shouldn't this be, you know, obvious?
When you're using part of your card's processing power to do something else than render graphics, that leaves less processing power for the actual graphics! It's the same thing with PhysX!

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

I dont think so - it is not about computing power, it is about electrical power.

If you would have addiional RTX stuff going on then yes, it would use up part of the computing power, but that is not the case!
In that test, it is about electrical power and that the usage of RTX Cores Prevent the CUDA Core to run at their full capacity, bcs they get not enough electrical power to do so, as they share the same "powersource"(i do not mean PSU, maybe Powerline or Powercircuit is the better word).

I would never have assumed that NVidia would sacrifice FPS for that.

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 May 2020 - 06:11 PM.

#5 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:25 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 09 May 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

I would never have assumed that NVidia would sacrifice FPS for that.

One potential use for RTX Vioce are call centers and video calls in home office, things that don't need high FPS rates.
Maybe that's nVidea new unique selling point for Laptops with RTX GPUs.
Maybe they start selling external video & sound cards with RTX GPUs for that market.

A twitch streamer or youtuber with let's play content would have decent audio recording hardware, and doesn't need RTX voice.

Edited by Alreech, 09 May 2020 - 11:27 PM.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:35 AM

View PostAlreech, on 09 May 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

A twitch streamer or youtuber with let's play content would have decent audio recording hardware, and doesn't need RTX voice.

Theres still some situations that it would make sense. I saw a video not to long ago from somebody with ~150k subscribers and a decent setup but he was trying out RTX voice. He plays fighting games with an arcade stick and the buttons are super loud but RTX voice got rid of it without a big difference in sound quality.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:12 AM

I feel that you would use APUs in Call Centers and such...i would not buy a discrete GPU for that, especially not an expensive RTX one.

Maybe they try to find uses for their useless First Gen RTX Cards so peope buy next gen RTX for Ray Tracing and can pair them with the first gen Cards that run RTX Voice, a bit like the PhysX Hype...

#8 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:04 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 10 May 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

I feel that you would use APUs in Call Centers and such...i would not buy a discrete GPU for that, especially not an expensive RTX one.

Maybe they try to find uses for their useless First Gen RTX Cards so peope buy next gen RTX for Ray Tracing and can pair them with the first gen Cards that run RTX Voice, a bit like the PhysX Hype...

Lot of rumors say the next gen cards will have much more RT performance and all Nvidia GTX cards might move to RTX. And RTX voice might start taking less resources once it gets more work put into it. If all that happens then it might not be that odd for companies to get the low end cards just for RTX voice. Or maybe Nvidia will start selling RTX voice cards. Probably not something that will get big quick but if its just using current hardware and they aren't spending a ton of money on it, it could be good for them.

#9 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

I read that there will be no more GTX Cards, only RTX Cards, but yeah, that is a thing only time can tell.

#10 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:35 PM

Well, if that guy is right the NV2k series will become completely obsolete instantly when they release the next gen GPUs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users