Group Spawn Problem

6 replies to this topic

#1 macruger

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:00 PM

With the change to groups and matchmaking, every group is going to be on the Alpha Lance, therefor they will spawn in the Lights spawn. Which means that if you are playing assault you're gonna spawn in the worst place possible. This isn't a problem in other maps, but on Tourmaline Desert and Canyon Network you and your lance will be extremely vulnerable and most likely to die to LRMs and light mechs.

Edited by macruger, 10 May 2020 - 01:44 PM.

#2 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

THIS! Just experienced a group drop where my guys walked 3 steps and were already getting atm'd from the other side. They obviously had the faster team and just rushed us ...........with ATMs - this is horrible!

#3 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:33 PM

Hopefully if you are in a group then the group will be able to co-ordinate and rally the rest of the team behind you, or do enough that you can bail out and this is the advantage of a group.
It's a problem on both teams so it's not really a disadvantage to one side.
Splitting the group over different drop zones because of their mech selection doesn't make a lot of sense. Why make a group if it's just going to get split up?

Is this just something that Groups have to suck it up and deal with?
Does Alpha drop need to be swapped with Bravo or Charlie? What if there are players in those lances with Assaults?
Do all the locations of the drops need to be reviewed and repositioned?

#4 macruger

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:49 PM

View Post50 50, on 11 May 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Splitting the group over different drop zones because of their mech selection doesn't make a lot of sense. Why make a group if it's just going to get split up?

My solution for this problem is to split up the drop locations based on tonnage. Assaults go to Charlie, heavies and mediums to Bravo, and lights to Alpha. It isn't that big of a deal like you say not to play in the same lance because you are already in the same match, and hopefully all of your team will converge in the same location to build-up a good firing line. I play in group to play with my friends in the same side, not in the same lance. Even right now there was some cases that my group were split up and it wasn't a problem at all. But leaving the way it is now will result in assaults getting caught out of position in open space and dying, and probably losing the game because the majority of your frontliners (if not all of them) is already dead in less than three minutes.
Yeah, sometimes the assaults can regroup if they have decent speed and/or ECM, but what about the Annihilator, or the Fafnir that only get up to 48kph? They will die without doing nothing. And losing an entire lance of assaults right in the beggining of the game is devastating for the team, it's a problem that need to be fixed ASAP.

#5 SkymasterC337

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:44 AM

My recommendation, given the propensity of groups to bring maximum tonnage, is to simply put all groups in Charlie lance. Charlie lance is already dropped in the area best suited to assault 'mechs.

On Tourmaline, Skirmish, specifically, however, Alpha lance needs to be relocated, not just for QP groups, but for Faction Play, as well. That drop zone is way forward, and extremely exposed, and it is a common and successful tactic to rush that drop zone and pin that lance in the zone, taking them completely out of the fight. You don't have to get anywhere near that drop zone to do that, either. You just need long range weapons capable of killing the enemy 'mech before it can cross the open ground (ERPPCs, ERLL, AC/2's) and you can then prevent their 2nd drop from leaving that spawn area.

#6 TerraPhoenix

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

Just dropped in in E4/F4 on Tourmaline (I assume this is what the position the post is referring to) on a heavy gauss fafnir, died before I could even get to cover. While this is the first time it's happened to me personally, I've seen it happen to several others before. Please fix this, that was incredibly frustrating to be slowly picked apart with nothing I could do to survive given my positioning seconds into dropping in.

Edited by TerraPhoenix, 04 November 2020 - 04:49 PM.

#7 Bjoern Jorgensson

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 12:33 AM

Yeah - E4/F4 Spawn needs to be fixed very urgently. 3 Assaults spawning there are near dammed to be killed within the first 2 Minutes of the game. And most teams will loose after loosing that much tonnage. I hope the new Level Designer will look at this soon. Sadly this Post has been up since may 2020 - so for 12 Month the Problem is known and PGI has done nothing so not much hope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users