52 replies to this topic

#41 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:15 AM

Soulless eye candy. Weak story. Garbo NPC interaction. Nowhere a good deal at full price. Mods make it better but still barely palatable.

Edited by HammerMaster, 16 August 2020 - 12:35 PM.

#42 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:03 PM

Yeah I feel robbed paying for the Top pack.
Like wheres the union dropship
Pay for DLC after paying double the regular price for the top pack...not happy...no thanks

#43 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:19 AM

I am quite happy that I only bought the normal pack. Was very happy with the MWO mechs, except for the King Crab...can't warm up to the mech...and I was in need of the MC that came with it.

In the end I said to myself "You got a nice deal for mechs, MC, etc for MWO and oh look there is something else that came along with it"
So MW5 was the bonus to my MWO purchase not the other way around. ^_^

#44 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:46 AM

Oh yeah your right
Still haven't spent the MC still got 20K plus...Doh I forgot
But Union dropship man!!!!!!!!!

#45 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:07 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 16 August 2020 - 05:15 AM, said:

Soulless eye candy. Weak story. Garbo NPC interaction. Nowhere a good deal at full price. Mods make it better but still barely palatable.

This is about on the money for my experience. I read elsewhere in this thread that someone thinks the game is worth about 20 Euro. I'd double down on this, having backed the game. Even with mods, I'd say its worth about $20.00 US currency as well.

Without mods? I wish I hadn't backed it. Lesson learned. Apparently I need to get fooled twice to learn my lesson. Lucky PGI, eh?

#46 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:26 AM

Guys I finally finished the campain today for the first time. Getting their was a bit of a meh grind doh.

Yeah and I seen dem Union dropships

Having the Union dropships last mission only was a bit dissapoointing, as I was expecting something more EPIC! Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 20 August 2020 - 04:28 AM.

#47 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:36 AM

Yah. Remember the trailer where the union comes down basicly right on top of you? That looked awesome.

#48 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:55 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 August 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yah. Remember the trailer where the union comes down basicly right on top of you? That looked awesome.

It's being worked on - just not by PGI :)

#49 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:31 AM

Can SOMEONE with twitter ask Russ and get clarification that MW5 WILL come to Steam/ GoG?? No, I dont touch twitter. Asking you who alredy are on the pipsqueak platform.

If no... well got Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite ( later ) and tons other games to spend money on..

#50 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, don't buy it on Epic, buy it Dec 10 at Steam. Don't condone their idea of saving the industry with their false and arguably sham messiah complex.

I don't think the store would put the game on sale if it's selling well.

#51 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:40 AM

Has it been anounced on steam? Haven't seen a release date yet.

#52 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:10 AM

It's worth about a week of amusement but gets stale fast. Get it on sale.

#53 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:01 AM

thanks for all the reviews and info folks. was hoping for a good game but i didn't hope to hard. i think i will wait for it to come on sale on Steam (that is if my PC can handle it). you would think that PGI would have looked at the HBS Battletech and took some inspiration from it. one of the things i love about that game is that you get that huge ship that you can upgrade (it makes more sense then cramming everything into Leopard (Lore wise a Leopard can hold 400 tons of mech, in 4 bays with a little extra room some spar parts. its meant to simply go from orbit to the ground from a larger base ship). i'm not saying the whole interior of such a ship should be explorable but it would be nice to have a bit of lore reason why you have room for all those extra mechs you have in storage.)

game companies (not the guys on the ground but the money people) are so lazy now days. i'm sure the programmers would have loved to put more into it and made it a good game but the money people just want to cut as much cost on the development end so they can put most of it in the CEO's pocket (you know the programmers ain't seein' any of that profit.)

so yeah i will wait on Steam sale and hope the DLC doesn't cost to much (as an older gamer hate i hate what DLC has become, what happened to the days when expansion packs were almost as large as the base game?)

ok old gamer rant over, again thanks for the info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users