• PSR revamp
  • PSR redesign
  • PSR replacement

#3 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:43 PM

1. An actual, thoughtful, well researched business plan that focuses on player engagement and retention, and enthusiastically avoids the practices of the past that have so ruined PGI's reputation and trustworthiness.
2. Let go of the catastrophically limiting mindset of trying to frame MWO as an e-Sport. It is a game, for a setting with vast potential.
3. Create maps and game modes with actual, considered gameplay objectives that encourage contest. Branch out from mindless 1-dimensional brawls.
3a. For the love of god, get rid of the junk on maps that randomly snares mechs.
4. Fix and properly develop in-game communications and group mechanics of all sorts throughout the entire game. It is absolutely essential for a game like this. This is not optional, the game can not succeed without it and should have been the top priority after release.
5. Communicate with your player base; Consistently, regularly, professionally and positively - get feedback and truly consider it, not only from a few friends or expert players, but deliberately from a wide selection of different segments.

Edited by Kynesis, 18 May 2020 - 11:02 PM.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:48 PM

I could care less about PSR. I've been Tier 3 Since basically they included Tiers. I come for the Faction play.

So, let's get to it.

1: Quick side flipping button for when queues are unbalanced.

2: More Sieges!

3: Mechlabbing and Drop deck set up whilst in queue.

4: Nab some New player guides and let em be browseable whilest in queue for folk new to Community Warfare.

5: Keep up the good work!

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos.

#5 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:48 PM

1. Proper PSR

2. Revert Engine desync and ST loss heatspike
3. Shortened Skill Maze
4. Advertisement
5. Devs that play the game

#6 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

Removal of the positive boiancy

The stats adjusted to reflect "Classic" additions (Forrest Colony ain't what it used to be)

Some development work on the engine formerly known as Cry?

I've got nothing …

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Programmers
Management
Budget
Plan
Community Manager

I don't think they have any of these anymore, maybe Management.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 19 May 2020 - 02:40 AM.

#8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:16 AM

a developer that gives a **** about his own game maybe? :)

#9 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:33 AM

I pre-ordered and got MW5. I haven't touched MW5 in MONTHS. The AI is a [redacted], the out of mech visuals are vomit inducing, and I simply do not care about it.
I play MWO almost every day. If PGI made something WORTH buying I would even throw some money at it. Sadly since MW5 they do nothing but retread events and run sales. No fixes, no community interaction, no development, no plan... DO SOMETHING! At least let us know you are alive. You are the people who fought Harmony Gold for the unseen mechs which is something nobody had the cajones to do for decades. Now Do Something!

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:59 AM

the first thing this game needs is more players. its supposed to be if you build it they will come, but when pgi builds it they will leave.

everything is so dated. so some modernization is in order. that means an engine update and graphics overhaul. people don't want to pay into a game that never goes anywhere, especially if they already done dropped a load of money on it.

mother ******* maps, make some. new maps, maps that we haven't seen before. let modders make them.

more tech upgrades. the last one was quite simply the best thing pgi ever did with their game.

merge all the modes. the community isnt big enough to support 3 different modes. i prefer the fp merge, but with current qp team limits.

#11 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:12 AM

View PostSean Lang, on 18 May 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

What are your top 5 features?

Agree with most all of this. BUT . . . for God's sake, youtubers, it is totally not necessary to say "like and subscribe" on EVERY FRAKKIN' VIDEO YOU POST!! Anyone who's used youtube more than once already knows about that. Sheesh.

One thing I'd add is give the player base the ability to develop/submit maps. Yes, most of them would suck, but there are enough players who know how to do it that we'd get some good ones. Disclaimer: I'm not one of those who could do it, tho playing with a map maker would be fun.

#12 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:03 PM

I remember what I've always wanted: The Big Board or Nope.

Out of a single list, I want to chose ONE thing I can do without. This list will have all the maps, and all the modes.

It might even include all the server bases …

"None of the Above" naturally needs to be included.

I want out of Skirmish, and I'm willing to play in Oceania to do it. Posted Image

#13 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:43 PM

I would really like to get back to the state of the game where new skill tree, mech rescale and engine desync had not happened. But if I only look forward:

1. PSR improvements. It is not necessary to put all good players to play only against each others as the player base does not necessarily support this. Main thing would be to create sides in a match so that both teams would be comparable. In quick play this might not be enough as the players play there with suboptimal builds and non-skilled mechs etc. This would need testing to find a good balance.

2. Skill tree rethink. At the moment all skill trees look pretty much the same regardless of the mechs in use. I would like to see proper impact from skills and that you would really need to choose your skills to support your mechs/playstyle strenghts.

3. Clear mech pilot advancement paths with enticing rewards (MC? Unique mechs? Drop decks? Mech bays?). With this I mean that it should be more clear for a player on how to proceed with going through different parts of the game and what is the recommended order. For example the path could be: solo play - light/medium/heavy/assault -> solaris -> group matches -> faction play scouting -> faction play mercenary -> faction play loyalist -> competitive gaming). The path should be worthwile to go though for all (even alt accounts). This way all players should have an understanding on what things exist in MWO and how each part of the game is different. It would also be good to lower the threshold for players to find friends and groups as playing in groups is totally different compared to playing solo in MWO etc. Sure the playerbase is an issue, but nevertheless this should be a worthwile goal in the long run.

4. More content to support the advancement paths mentioned in 3.

5. Bring back MWO world championships. Competitive groups should not be alienated from MWO and PGI should listen more to the top teams and players. They can have indepth knowledge of the game that should be utilized to enhance the experience.

As a reminder here are Sean Langs five points.

* Commitment to the game
1. PSR rating fix
2. Content (maps, mechs, gamemodes, etc.)
3. Mech scaling
4. De-quirkening
5. Map spawns

Edited by MeanMachinE, 19 May 2020 - 02:45 PM.

#14 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:52 PM

Posted Image

#15 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

In the Twitchstreams i have seen that Dual Heavy Gauss Mechs can obviously achieve a high amount of Headshots.
When i remember right one i have seen claimed 3 in a single match.

As that means these Mechs are out of the match immediately it greatly decreases the matchtime: less matchtime = less gunplay = less fun = less motivation = less retention.

To solve that problem i would argue that MWO needs the "Zombimech-Modus", where headshot Mechs fall back into an auto-ai-battle-mode as described in the books, where Mechs fight following pre-programmed combat instructions, thus staying available as matchenhancing entertainment actors.

I am fully convinced this would be a breath of fresh air in an aged game environment!

Bcs who does not like bashing Zombies???

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 May 2020 - 05:44 PM.

#16 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:26 PM

1. Developer not named pgi.
2. Developer not named EA.
3. Develper not named Blizzard.
4. Developer not named Bethesda.
5. A real dam Developer. Hideo I wish he'd get and use the IP.

#17 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

Good video, I hope it gets the attention. Will they listen this time Posted Image ?

It's urgent that PGI does something good (or just repair what's wrong) with this game. The things explained here in the thread should have taken care of years back !

Or maybe it is near the end and the slow death of MWO may continue...

#18 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:38 PM

1. Agree entirely about the PSR changes. They might as well not have a pilot tier system at this point.

2. Game is overdue for content. It's going to be almost a year anniversary of no new mechs, and anything else for that matter.

3. For mech scaling, they need to revert it back to the original scale and work from there. Mechs like the Executioner would be so much better if they reverted back. I think another rescaling from the current rescale might end up in a disaster. Team up with the community and do a vote with three or so examples with each mech in the game.

4. Disagree completely. Remove the quirks only after the game balance has been adjusted via PTS before rolling out those changes, but retain lore friendly quirks. Mechs like the Rifleman IIC will need an engine cap bump because it would get completely destroyed without quirks, as with many other mechs in the game.

5. Spawns were long overdue for fixing, especially mechs with limited engine caps that are forced to go slow.

I pretty much agree with everything from this video but the quirk removal. For balacing reasons, I think it would be a big mistake to just outright remove them from the game. Revisit the mechs that would need help and retain the lore friendly quirks.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 May 2020 - 07:39 PM.

#19 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

I think it'd be better to keep the quirks but turn all Structure quirks into Armour boosts.

#20 Gakuseinozen

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

View PostKynesis, on 18 May 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

1. An actual, thoughtful, well researched business plan that focuses on player engagement and retention, and enthusiastically avoids the practices of the past that have so ruined PGI's reputation and trustworthiness.
2. Let go of the catastrophically limiting mindset of trying to frame MWO as an e-Sport. It is a game, for a setting with vast potential.
3. Create maps and game modes with actual, considered gameplay objectives that encourage contest. Branch out from mindless 1-dimensional brawls.
3a. For the love of god, get rid of the junk on maps that randomly snares mechs.
4. Fix and properly develop in-game communications and group mechanics of all sorts throughout the entire game. It is absolutely essential for a game like this. This is not optional, the game can not succeed without it and should have been the top priority after release.
5. Communicate with your player base; Consistently, regularly, professionally and positively - get feedback and truly consider it, not only from a few friends or expert players, but deliberately from a wide selection of different segments.

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users