23 replies to this topic

#21 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:35 AM

That's not really anything new though, those aspects aren't well done and weren't seen in previous titles because they weren't really much of a thing in games in general then. And since those times we've had numerous titles that have done those things better like KoTOR, Mass Effect, etc. I mean there's only two characters you talk to on your ship and you just listen to a short monologue and move on. And there isn't anything to do on the ship other than access the console and talk to said two people.

If they wanted to actually provide something that hadn't been done before in Mechwarrior they should've taken a look at Steel Battalion as well as older MW titles and figured out how to have all the classes/roles be useful and relevant. Look at lights, their usefulness boils down to two things in MW5, selling for cbills and demolition runs. You have the same boring creep where the game progression is just the lighter classes becoming irrelevant until you use nothing but full assault lances. I mean they addressed this already in MWO which has been out for almost 10 years... Yet the core gameplay here is to pick the heaviest mechs with the most guns and fight bot waves, even in the story missions.

And speaking of the tutorial/first couple of missions, what was the point in having us destroy buildings to find salvage hidden within if that wasn't going to be a thing in the rest of game?

Another thing that bugs me with MW5 is that my PC constantly reboots when trying to play it, meanwhile i can play much more intensive titles like Far Cry 5, The Division 2, Destiny 2, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 for hours on end with no issues.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 06 June 2020 - 07:37 AM.

#22 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

All valid points you have there. I was just pointing out that PGI did something that wasn't done in other MW titles, not that they did a good job and I think I also said that and that those things are nothing new to player in 2020 too.

Anyway. I still think that MW5 can be shaped to be at least an enjoable game except for the main campagne, except PGI basicly rewrites it and gets better voiceactors and scripts and works on cutscenes....basicly redoes the entire thing.

Still I see potential in the free career mode and the general gameplay.

As for your rebooting problem...haven't encountered that problem so far.

PS: Speaking of remakes...I just enjoy C&C Remastered. That is a remaster that sticks ot the original to a fault but still the basic gameplay holds up for me to this day. Sure there are more advanced games, espacialy gameplay but its still fun.

So sometimes you don't need to do new stuff, just make what you have to most fun it can be?

Edited by Nesutizale, 06 June 2020 - 07:52 AM.

#23 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 06 June 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

All valid points you have there. I was just pointing out that PGI did something that wasn't done in other MW titles, not that they did a good job and I think I also said that and that those things are nothing new to player in 2020 too.

Anyway. I still think that MW5 can be shaped to be at least an enjoable game except for the main campagne, except PGI basicly rewrites it and gets better voiceactors and scripts and works on cutscenes....basicly redoes the entire thing.

Still I see potential in the free career mode and the general gameplay.

As for your rebooting problem...haven't encountered that problem so far.

PS: Speaking of remakes...I just enjoy C&C Remastered. That is a remaster that sticks ot the original to a fault but still the basic gameplay holds up for me to this day. Sure there are more advanced games, espacialy gameplay but its still fun.

So sometimes you don't need to do new stuff, just make what you have to most fun it can be?

Well C&C remastered is a remaster not a new game or a remake, it's not something someone buys expecting something new. Mechwarrior 5 is labelled 5, a new numbered sequel, not a Mechwarrior 2, 3, or 4 remaster.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 06 June 2020 - 09:56 AM.

#24 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:02 AM

View PostViolent Nick, on 27 May 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

Can Anyone Explain This?! Please..?!

It's called Maintenance Mode by PGI, it's when you're cheap and don't pay enough, to devs and enough of them to actually produce a good game; so i suggest to do what we're all doing, enjoy what we can have of Battletech and hope PGI someday have the balls and the budget to make something good, and leave it at that for mental and stomach health

Edited by technopredator, 11 June 2020 - 04:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users