Is 110 Kph Mech With Streaks?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

I have an ACW-1 with 5 streak 6 running 107 kph. I love it. However, I'm wondering if there is something along these lines on the IS side, with the IS streak lower cooldown time. Anyone have recommendations?

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

Just by taking a quick peek in the mechlab I can probably conclude that 5x Streak-6 on a 100 kph IS mech isn't gonna be doable. Even 4 is pushing it and you probably gonna be stuck with little ammo, XL engine and no backup weapons.

If you're okay with just 3x Streak-6 then the Trebuchet-7M with a XL 300 or 310 engine might be a decent choice.
20% cooldown and missile heat should make up for the low tube count a little bit at least.

To be honest tho I'm just making guess work here, streak boats aren't really my thing normally.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:34 PM

Nope. But you can just use streaks on ones with missile launchers and since it is the IS side you'll want that 1.5 left for bap. On a is light you'll give up speed to fit it. Mediums are ok-ish but closer to clan speed at 80 or so. Cicadas would be a good mech to look at. I use srm4-6s on the x5 and it works alright.

#4 Neverone

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

Clams have streaks on lock due to much lighter, and better range imo. Best I could come up in a few minutes, while trying to meet your parameters is a hellspawn with 5 streak srm4's. Runs 102.6 kph, 4 tons of ammo with a TAG. could shave a little more armor to fit a single JJ. XL engine obviously. Squishy.

#5 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Streaktaro.

it is VERY good at what it does, with the usual lock-on-caveats (mainly: boring to play).

#6 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

ASN-23 is an effective streak mech.

#7 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

View PostZETECTIC, on 03 June 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have an ACW-1 with 5 streak 6 running 107 kph. I love it. However, I'm wondering if there is something along these lines on the IS side, with the IS streak lower cooldown time. Anyone have recommendations?

1) if you post on the forums about something being good your asking for that Mech to get nerfed

2) you want JJs on a streak mechs so you can fight in the 3D

ACW was great but $100 says they get nerfed into the ground

#8 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:18 PM

Trebuchet-7M is the best IS streak mech IMO. As I've built it, it goes ~90kph, has 3 JJs, 900+ ammo with 3x 6ssrm (and BAP but if preferred you can go with TAG). Quirked to the max with -20% cooldown (2,55 cooldown on ssrm6 with maxed skill tree is pretty nice compared to clans 6 seconds) and -20% heat, it doesn't boast the big alpha clans can have, but it makes it up with high DPS. Also its pretty agile for its size. I highly recommend you give it a try.

https://mech.nav-alp...67992020_TBT-7M

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:45 AM

The TBT-7M has inarguably the best quirks, but the WVR-7K has the way better mobility and hitboxes. I know Scout Derek will shift uneasily in his dreams, but here you go:

WVR-7K

you can even shave more armour and get more ammo in

#10 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:05 AM

With streaks, alpha size and range are more important than face-time DPS. The clans are far better at that.
In the end clan mechs don’t fall behind in dps because they make up for the slower cooldown with more launchers - and they have the hardpoints count to allow it. Very few IS variants above 50 tons (needed for 4 IS-SSRM6) have 4+ missile hard points.

I prefer IS mechs, but for streaks clan are better.

#11 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

Thanks to all who offered suggestions - I will check them out.

However, I take the point that having an almost 400m range and higher burst DPS, the clan streaks are probably pretty hard to beat for a fast skirmisher. Certainly, when chasing lights in the actic wolf I have appreciated that firing opportunities are often limited, but the range means that they can't easily escape. I killed many retreating fleas and locusts!

#12 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:58 PM

You're never going to get the same effect with an IS mech trying to do what Clan mechs do with Streaks. Clan Streaks weigh less and have better range at the cost of higher heat. It's that weight difference that really makes the difference.

IS Streaks seem to have an advantage on recharge/reload. Granted, that's what it feels like, since I don't play IS garbage. I've had Assassins packing multiple IS Streak 4s rip me up faster than any Clan Streak 6 will.

#13 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 04 June 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

You're never going to get the same effect with an IS mech trying to do what Clan mechs do with Streaks. Clan Streaks weigh less and have better range at the cost of higher heat. It's that weight difference that really makes the difference.

IS Streaks seem to have an advantage on recharge/reload. Granted, that's what it feels like, since I don't play IS garbage. I've had Assassins packing multiple IS Streak 4s rip me up faster than any Clan Streak 6 will.

IS Streaks do have faster cool-down as direct compensation for the lack of weight and the requirement to get significantly closer. IS do have to linger to take advantage of that while Clans can nuke a Light instantly and from further away, but played to their strengths in Clans vs. IS it's a wash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users