Intro & Glaring Problem

7 replies to this topic

#1 T h e G r i m

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:50 PM

First my background. I've been playing since MW2 on DOS. I've played both 1st person and 3rd person perspective extensively. I settled on 3rd person when I started playing MW4 and have stuck with 3rd person for many years since then. I didn't play MWO until 3rd person was added for that reason. I don't enjoy 1st person enough to play it.

1st: I really like MWO and enjoy playing it. I have almost nothing but good things to say about MWO and the people who play it.

2nd: HPG Manifold is broken and has a huge glaring flaw that needs to be fixed ASAP. The map has sound for 1st person players. The map has NO SOUND for 3rd person players. That means it's broken and discriminatory. This problem gives 1st person players a huge advantage while giving 3rd person players a huge disadvantage. The fact that the map is in the map pool while having NO SOUND in 3rd person while having sound in 1st person is hard to believe. The map should either have sound added to 3rd person to make it balanced and allow 3rd person players to play the map like 1st person players can or the map should be removed from the map pool. Until sound is added it shouldnt be in the map pool in its broken and discriminatory state. As a 3rd person player I have considered disconnecting every time the map is voted on as when I play I have no sound which is no fun and also i am easy pickings for ecm and stealth mechs who sneak up on me as i have no way of even knowing im being shot from behind unless i notice my hud changing colors. Because im at this huge disadvantage as a 3rd person player on this map(which is not true on the other maps because i have sound as i should) im about ready to just start disconnecting every time its voted on. I dont enjoy playing with no sound either obviously. If you are someone who has the opinion that i should simply be forced to play in 1st person on this map then we're on opposite sides of the universe opinion-wise. I should be able to play the game in either 1st or 3rd person on every map. Whichever i choose to play. Noone should be forced to play on either camera setting. Theres no way im gonna play HPG in first person as I dont enjoy first person and would simply play battletech or another mech game if i was forced to play in 1st person. I hope what ive said here is taken into consideration by your dev team in the interest of balance and in keeping 3rd person players like myself playing the game and enjoying as i do on all the other maps. The other maps are great btw and im very impressed with the visuals and design of all the maps. Thanks for reading. See you all in game.

#2 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

In space.... Nobody can hear you scream.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

3PV is not intended for constant usage. Originally it was never meant to be in the game to begin with.

#4 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

The sound for HPG is altered in both 1st and 3rd person view due to it being on a moon and a vacuum which affects the sound.
The sound is much lower on HPG due to that.

#5 T h e G r i m

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:38 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 26 June 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

The sound for HPG is altered in both 1st and 3rd person view due to it being on a moon and a vacuum which affects the sound.
The sound is much lower on HPG due to that.

There is sound in 1st person view on HPG. There is NO SOUND on 3rd person view on HPG. Your assertion that it's because of the different sound on that map is wrong. The sound should function in both 1st and 3rd person. There is NO SOUND in 3rd person while there IS SOUND in 1st person. Try toggling into and out of first and third view and youll see. The sound functions correctly on all the other maps. It works in both 3rd and 1st person. HPG is broken and always has been from what I understand. The map wasn't finished when it was made because sound wasn't added to 3rd person. This is why I'm here posting. I play in 3rd person and have no sound on HPG. If I toggle to first person on HPG I have sound. This isn't about it being a space map. This is about it not having sound in 3rd person while it does in 1st. It's broken and unbalanced for anyone who plays in 3rd like I do.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:31 PM

In space no one can hear you scream.
3rd person camera is out side the mech, in a vacum so no sound
1st person camera is inside your mechs cockpit, witch is not a vacum so sound can be heard.

#7 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:09 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 29 June 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

In space no one can hear you scream.
3rd person camera is out side the mech, in a vacum so no sound
1st person camera is inside your mechs cockpit, witch is not a vacum so sound can be heard.

I really didn't think I would need to expand on what I said, [redacted]
Thanks for helping while I was out of town & away from my PC @ OZHomerOZ

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 30 June 2020 - 12:39 AM.

#8 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:52 PM

Just re enforcing the word
Posted Image
Its a guid line

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 30 June 2020 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users