Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere but nowhere

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:55 PM

Hello!
This is gonna be quick problem :
I just can't kill captain adams because percentages do not go down!
Anybody can help me?

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:01 AM

I can tell you right now, , that your Bug Report will be "WONTCHANGE"d on the order of waaaaaaaay faster than a Locust Mech can run. :lol:

It so happens that Captain Adams' Mech in the Tutorial System is BY DESIGN meant to be not possible to kill, and you're only in a Simulator Cockpit during that anyway... It's not your actual Mech, even if it has the same design and skilling on it. In terms of the game's setting, Captain Adams is in control of that Simulation as well. They have to be present so that you can receive helpful information as you're going about the various activities in the Academy area. If they're not alive/present, the scripting for that Special Map would break, likely causing a Game Client Crash to occur. You seriously would NOT want that to happen, like ever. :huh:

Anyway, there will NEVER be a need to kill them. There is not an Achievement which depends upon the ability to do such a thing, and I just went into the Game Client to make sure. However, there are ones for just hitting them, as well as hitting them enough to have your Mech temporarily killed by their Simulation-Controlling Powers that they possess. Please avoid being frustrated, as some things (such as killing Friendly Mechs on a field) are not really meant to happen anywhere. ;)

~Mr. D. V. "sorry to report, but this is NOT really a Bug in any way/shape/form" Devnull

#3 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

It's also a call back to the older mw titles that when you shot the instructor a few times they would waste you before you could finish them off. If they weren't such a pain to get working on modern systems I'd like to play them again. Pitty they're not on gog.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 June 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

It's also a call back to the older mw titles that when you shot the instructor a few times they would waste you before you could finish them off. If they weren't such a pain to get working on modern systems I'd like to play them again. Pitty they're not on gog.

Yeah, I remember that from an accidental hit in "MechWarrior 2", in which I didn't realize I had done it and then got blasted. It wasn't really that fun when I got shocked by it. :unsure:

~D. V. "The old 'MechWarrior 2' was still a fun game, even if it wasn't 100% happy moments." Devnull

#5 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:54 PM

Is there not some pissy 1000 Cbill reward or something for the first time you attack him?

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:07 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 25 June 2020 - 08:54 PM, said:

Is there not some pissy 1000 Cbill reward or something for the first time you attack him?

There is a tiny Reward that you can get. However, upon checking, it's only a total of 200 (C-Bills) that you receive. You'll collect 100 (C-Bills) for hitting Captain Adams once. Then you get the other 100 (C-Bills) by making them mad enough to kill you. Frankly, it ends up being a tad bit of time wasted, and therefore isn't worth it in the end versus getting to playing actual matches. :mellow:

Although, getting into these minutiae have resulted in my mentally forming an Idea for something to either add or change in MWO about that. It would be of rather low priority, but would make a nice Quality-Of-Life Improvement that many could enjoy. If you want details, please just reply back and ask, albeit I think I'll have to start a New Thread for discussing it. :)

~D. V. "It ain't that many (C-Bills)... and I fear we're getting into being off-topic here." Devnull

#7 PYOTTRO

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere but nowhere

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:39 AM

I was wasting hours because I thought that eventually he would kill him lol. Thanks for telling me that you can't kill him.

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:11 AM

View PostGnomista, on 27 June 2020 - 02:39 AM, said:

I was wasting hours because I thought that eventually he would kill him lol. Thanks for telling me that you can't kill him.

You're Welcome... I hope you have fun with everything else in MWO's Academy Area, as there are several other activities which you can get into. :)

~D. V. "now that you know the truth about Captain Adams, go enjoy yourself" Devnull

#9 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:01 AM

View PostGnomista, on 27 June 2020 - 02:39 AM, said:

god I love you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users