- - - - -

Atm Damage Spread

2 replies to this topic

#1 Qark

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 4
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:40 AM

Hi everyone. Just looking for some tips on how ATMs work. I recently changed from 3xATM9 into 2xATM12+SSRM6 as it deals more alpha damage in the ideal range bracket and doesn't generate ghost heat. I have noticed my number of kills has dropped significantly but my damage output has stayed consistent and I am just trying to figure out why.

Is the damage spread different on ATM12s vs ATM9s? I am thinking maybe the missile clustering is different, causing damage to spread out over the target rather than destroying a single component. Maybe the ATM12 takes longer to fire all its missiles?

I am just looking for someone to confirm or deny that there is a difference so I know if it is my play style that has changed or if there is actually an advantage to the 3xATM9s.

Thanks.

#2 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:27 AM

View PostQark, on 28 June 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

Maybe the ATM12 takes longer to fire all its missiles?

First of all - this. The more your enemies torso twist, the bigger the spread will be, since this is basically firing duration.
Second - missile health values. You can calculate yourself with this link. https://mwomercs.com...-health-values/
With 3*ATM9 you have 29.7 summary health vs 27.6 + longer exposure time for 2*12+ssrm6, so they are much more vulnerable to AMS fire.
Third - ssrm dont have any spread value, they hit all the components according to normal distribution (or something alike), so they spread more.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 28 June 2020 - 07:55 AM.

#3 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:05 PM

I've been using an atm6 x 3 shadow cat this last week, it's absolutely wrecking the playing field. An average game is ~750dmg and 2 solo kills. I broke 1000dmg twice yesterday. I 100% soloed a blood asp, cored him out.

The spread values are listed in the tool tip. Bigger launchers have more spread. Between that and the greater health per missile for atm6 vs 9, etc, it's obvious that a smaller launcher is better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users