#21 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:34 AM

View PostThraka, on 30 June 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

I don't even feel like it's PSR. It's just not matching tonnage correctly. I'm in matches where we have 1 assault vs 6 assaults. It's not even worth playing that match, our team just threw it.

I have a thread, its called "An easy fix to starting locations"

It will greatly help this if the drops were organized lighter teams could wolf pack more and use their speed and not have to protect their slow mechs

#22 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:00 AM

The funny thing is that I had more close matches yesterday without any matchmaker than I have had all season. My very first game was neck and neck all the way until the end.

#23 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:04 AM

Well the issue here is the 4 man groups that are all running tier 1 mechs all put in the closest lance to the enemy while fatties are not next to each other or organized.

#24 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 July 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Figure I'm gonna sit this one out for a bit. Why they couldn't bothered to go back through the last 3 months of data and apply this system to pre-seed the tiers is beyond me. I blame the "community".

Or at least should have left Tier 5 players where they were at, on the fence with Tier 4 but to thrust newbies (new accounts) to the middle of the pack, tis like Hungry Games. My fear is that it could cause new players with only a few games under their belt a reason to quit sooner, before they have a chance to better themselves while getting "hooked". The graph Paul had posted showing the number of players in each Tier with a load of players in Tier 5? That likely included all players who had even played 1 game in the last two months..

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 July 2020 - 06:37 AM.

#25 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:49 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 01 July 2020 - 06:04 AM, said:

Well the issue here is the 4 man groups that are all running tier 1 mechs all put in the closest lance to the enemy while fatties are not next to each other or organized.

Spawn location is of minimal importance when strong groups are dropping. The most important predictor of the result at that point is whether a team has a strong group on their side. Other factors have some marginal impact, but overall they hardly matter to the W/L result when compared to the impact of a group.

#26 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:34 AM

PGI set the ground rules for the discussion, provided the data, and made the final decision.

Basic management or parenting. Give choices, all of which you can live with, and keep choices you don't like off the table.

Not killing solo queue was never an option. Why, I am not sure.

Group queue was certainly dying. Nothing they were willing to do could save group queue from extinction. If they dumped group queue into solo queue they could keep most of the group queue players but lose some of the solo queue players. The question is, how many? Give up all of the group players, or give up an unknown number of solo players? Maybe they can mitigate the damage to solo queue player numbers with some footwork.

I think they are going to lose more solo players than the game can survive.

You could divide the players up so much that T3s only played against other T3s, but if you then dump an organized, competitive group into that mix on one side, you are going to get a stomp nine time out of ten.

Not just a stomp like we had before, but a stomp that makes the losing players feel like they were set up. You have the imbalance of mechs, and the disorganized lances. Maybe you have no lights, or no assaults. Then you see a group of Assassins or Stalkers or Annihilators or whatever come thru and just mow down your team in a 0-12 stomp like you are nothing.
Maybe it is unfair, maybe it is perception. But you know what they say, there is no such thing as reality, there is only the perception of reality.

My hope is that the competitive teams will gravitate to Tier 1 and I can settle in at Tier 3 and it will get better. If not, I am lucky to have other things I like to do.

Edited by Nearly Dead, 01 July 2020 - 07:36 AM.

#27 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostBrauer, on 01 July 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Spawn location is of minimal importance when strong groups are dropping. The most important predictor of the result at that point is whether a team has a strong group on their side. Other factors have some marginal impact, but overall they hardly matter to the W/L result when compared to the impact of a group.

Ive seen groups tier 1 meta a comp players like this morning do their own thing, not use voip, 4 man pack it and try to carry and fail. Happens all day everyday, and many groups lose because of the bad setup of the lances.

I know your salty and sour and mad at me for no reason at all brauer, but you just started playing the game like yesterday. Itll be ok.... you got lots of confidence now... ride with it.

Edited by V O L T R O N, 01 July 2020 - 08:01 AM.

#28 Reavers

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:20 AM

I just started the day before the reset and figure I'm a tier four player ta best right now. I can certainly tell when I get matched up against some guys who have bee playing for a while.

Also you don't move up or down to quickly. Once things get sorted again it feels like it will be a good system. My very uneducated guess is it will take a couple weeks.

#29 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 01 July 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Ive seen groups tier 1 meta a comp players like this morning do their own thing, not use voip, 4 man pack it and try to carry and fail. Happens all day everyday, and many groups lose because of the bad setup of the lances.

I know your salty and sour and mad at me for no reason at all brauer, but you just started playing the game like yesterday. Itll be ok.... you got lots of confidence now... ride with it.

I'm not mad at you, I'm done with you.

Dropping in groups I've gone 168 and 15 for a win rate of about 92%. For much of that we have made minimal effort to coordinate with the other 8-9 players on our team because teams don't listen or are unable to execute simple strategies effectively. Truly good groups dropping in a 3-4 person group do not lose all day.

#30 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

Give it a few weeks to settle out, then we can laud or curse the new system. At this point, any new paradigm is good- pretty much, something different, IMHO.

#31 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:03 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 July 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Figure I'm gonna sit this one out for a bit. Why they couldn't bothered to go back through the last 3 months of data and apply this system to pre-seed the tiers is beyond me. I blame the "community".

Unfortunately this isn't something you can just sit out, you need to grind through the tiers. Also the system is fine, its on PGI for not pre-seeding or having tier acceleration.

#32 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

View PostHawker Siddeley, on 01 July 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

Unfortunately this isn't something you can just sit out, you need to grind through the tiers. Also the system is fine, its on PGI for not pre-seeding or having tier acceleration.

I'm aware I'll need to grind to the correct tier, I'm just not planning on doing so through trash matches.

At the moment the tiers are condensed into one. The quality of matches I play are going to swing wildly with inevitable stomps all over the place.

Once the current players are better dispersed between the tiers the quality of matches should increase. I won't be facing so many ePeening 4mans desperate to reach T1 or held back by the T5's on their way to the other side.

I've always considered myself a T3 with a T1 badge. If my assumption is right then there is no grinding to be done. If it's wrong, I'd rather grind through a "balanced" game than a field of stomps.

-----

On the other hand, if you're desperate for that T1 badge of authoritah now is the time to grind, you'll have statistically better games with all the T5's in the mix.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 01 July 2020 - 10:25 AM.

#33 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

I'm waiting a few days before I log on and play so I can reap some fat kills in the TDK.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:17 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 30 June 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

Dunno. I personally see improvement of match quality. Yeah, it's not 100% perfect, but my last match was 11:12. Haven't seen such close matches for a long time.

way i see it players who were formerly t1 will feast, and players who were formerly t5 will famine.

#35 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:44 AM

Strange how I beat 4 man groups without a group all the time.... simple logic the more good players you have on your team the chances of winning goes up. Someone need a scientist to explain this?

I win with pugs all the time, because I work with the pugs, give them a chance to coordinate. So if you never talk and lose, its their fault... I get it. HATE at the bad players

Funny players here are admitting to trying hard in tier 1 4 man groups to never lose and wonder why most of the community who is 2-5 tier is upset.....

If you cant win with lower tier mechs and smaller groups or by yourself, CARRY HARDER.

Edited by V O L T R O N, 01 July 2020 - 11:44 AM.

#36 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

View PostBrauer, on 01 July 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

I'm not mad at you, I'm done with you.

Then be done sour patch kid and stop addressing, quoting and talking to me. If you done be done, Dont half ash it. Believe what you say!

Edited by V O L T R O N, 01 July 2020 - 11:49 AM.

#37 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:17 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 01 July 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

way i see it players who were formerly t1 will feast, and players who were formerly t5 will famine.

Pretty much this.

We'll see how it all plays out in a few weeks.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#38 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

First drops, T1 players wolf packing. I had started solo drops with friends on Discord as they wanted to see what happened away from grouping up. Five of them had logged back in specifically for the reset, they were uninstalling by end of third/fourth match along with a couple of stalwarts.

Cannot blame the PSR or functionality of the game - only the T1s making life hell for everyone else - well played.

#39 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:42 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 01 July 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

Then be done sour patch kid and stop addressing, quoting and talking to me. If you done be done, Dont half ash it. Believe what you say!

I often speak out against misinformation being spread on these forums whether by you, some player I know well and respect, or someone I don't know at all. It's not about you, it's about correcting the record.

Anytime I have seen someone claim they're beating strong 4 mans all the time in QP their record tells a different story, particularly if put up against the records of people who are running those groups. I've yet to see evidence against this. The best evidence of the impact of groups on individual matches and the queue as a whole that we have is the way that some players have seen their WLRs skyrocket into the double-digits.

#40 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:49 PM

So many veterans complaining about the psr and the stomps, what do you actually do on the field to lead your team to victory? Open your comms and boss players around, or ask them nicely if you swim that way.

You guys should stop caring about psr, matchmaking and all that useless dumb ****, join games, talk on the comm, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

And understand that during event time even veteran players will turn into big potatoes and start soloing everywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users