Ok.. ready? Zombie Apocalypse: Which Mech or Battle Armor do you take?

330 replies to this topic

#321 Badgerpants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

If I could have any mech in any configuration, An Energy based Phoenix Hawk IIC with Micro Pulse Lasers and an ER Large Laser to reach out and touch people, with a few Heavy Medium lasers as back up if a mech gets too close, Plus a personnel bay for a Battle suit, if I ever need to get out and explore. If sticking strictly to a 3050 timeline a Nova (Black Hawk), Just swap some ER Medium Lasers for Small Pulse Lasers and I'm good to go. Though I would swap it for a Black Lanner if they're available.

Edited by Badgerpants, 17 June 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#322 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

More nifty stuff that may or may not be useful for putting on your 'Mech at the end of the world: Lift Hoist and Salvage Arm are among the more practical while construction equipment like backhoes found on IndustrialMechs are of more dubious overall utility for their weight and against other survivors. I cannot believe I did not put a searchlight (for free I might add) on my Grasshopper. And why does Sarna list some of the more interesting and unusual systems with just their rules and not their weight and crits?

#323 Nmementh

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

I think I'll opt for a bit of team work, so if anyone has a good utility set up, but not so hot with anti bandit weaponry I offer this:

Modified Shrek (A)PC Carrier:
300XL fusion reactor good for about 64 kph (also 6.7 million C-Bills lol)
14.5 tons ferro armor, in MWO terms this is good for 132 front/100 side/90 rear and 96 turret armor.
2 Hellstar particle cannons, good for buildings crowds and armor at range
2 Purity L-series Flamers (one COAX, one BOW), for mobs inside the PPCs range and more fun with buildings (also CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE!!!!!111)
A crew of 6, although after Driver/Gunner/Commander what do the other 3 do? coffee guy? mail man? film crew?
2.5 ton troop storage

#324 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Cyclops.

They dont have a Chance anyway. And i like my electronics! :)

#325 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

In my continuing quest to refine my Grasshopper (who's last incarnation had a loadout error due to some misplaced hardpoints), I have refined my build to include some new equipment by reminding myself of the versatility of some of the old.

Revisiting my GHR-5HZ from the last incarnation in this post.

Build notes and some of the logic behind hidden by spoiler to reduce the wall of text:
Spoiler

GHR-5H-ZS2 Grasshopper (Zombie & Salvage version 2)
Mass: 70 tons
Engine: 280 Standard
Speed: 64.8 kph
Frame: Standard
Armor: 12.5 tons of standard
Jump Jets: 4
Heat Sinks: 15 DHS
Weapons:
- 1 ER PPC (RA)
- 3 Medium Lasers (RT, LT, and LA)
- 1 Flamer (LA)
Equipment:
- 1 Searchlight (H) (no weight or criticals consumed)
- 1 Infantry Bay (RT)
- 1 Lift Hoist (LT(rear))
- 1 Beagle Active Probe (CT)

While packing a longer ranged punch I designed this 'Mech to be easily down graded as time wears on to maximize its longevity in addition to enhancing its salvage and even construction capabilities. It does run warmer than the previous version but that was a sacrifice that can easily be reversed. The only thing this Grasshopper cannot do is carry extra cargo that is not related to the infantry bay internally; however, with the addition of the lift hoist it should be able to carry up to half its own weight without encumbering the arms. Should be kind of nifty being able to haul off an entire light 'Mech if need be.

So I now put out my little challenge in all this. Anyone else willing to put some extra work into their 'Mech of choice for the end of the world and show the rest of us how they will make the most of what they have selected?

Edit: Adding in additional ideas under the spoiler tag below so as not to bump a thread few seem all that interested in. Several ideas are me just realizing some of the specialized builds some of us have come up with can be used for more than just the zombie apocalypse. Broken down into several spoiler groups by chassis for faster browsing. Please forgive my wordiness. :D WIP
Edit 2: I realize many of my designs seem under gunned, but I am trying to make these as flexible as possible for many noncombantant uses as well. The Z(ombie) designation on most of the 'Mechs simply means it has an Infantry Bay in it of some kind and can therefore be lived in.

Grasshopper:
Spoiler

Starslayer:
Spoiler

Kintaro:
Spoiler

Stalker:
Spoiler

Quickdraw:
Spoiler

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 22 May 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#326 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Id go for the Ares and;
strip off all Anti-personnel pods (No need for 6 of them which can not be re-used anyways)
remove the LRMs and SRMs (no need for useless mass filled with Ammunition dependant weapons)
Change the energy weapons to the following (Giving the mech the possibility of engaging at multiple distances)
ER-PPC
ER-Large Laser
Large Laser
Medium laser
Small Laser
Small Pulse Laser
Flamer

Add a Search light, Infantry bay, Lift hoist and the rest with Doubble heat sinks (At least until it is heat efficient) and max Armor.

The reason for the Ares... it has 50% more legs than most mechs to stomp on the Zombies that do get past the Small Pulse Laser and Flamer.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 16 May 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#327 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hussar "zombie mode" HSR-385-D

Mass: 30 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E
Production Year: 3052
Cost: 5,203,705 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,001

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 270 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 97.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 151.2 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
1 ER PPC
1 Cargo, Standard (0.5 tons)
1 Cargo, Liquid (0.5 tons)
1 Communications Equipment (1.0 tons) (1.0 tons)
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 51 points 1.50
Internal Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT, 4 LA, 3 RA, 1 LL
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 270 7.50
Walking MP: 9
Running MP: 14
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 105 6.00
Armor Locations: 1 HD, 2 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA, 1 LL, 2 RL

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 10 15
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 7 11
L/R Torso (rear) 3
L/R Arm 5 10
L/R Leg 7 14

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ER PPC RT 15 3 7.00
Cargo, Standard (0.5 tons) LT 0 1 0.50
Cargo, Liquid (0.5 tons) LT 0 1 0.50
Communications Equipment (1.0 tons) (1.0 tons) LT 0 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 7

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 10
9 1 1 1 0 1 0 Structure: 1
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

not much is going to mess with a clan tech ERPPC moving at 151.

#328 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

did anyone say this mech yet? i would pick the Clan
Piranha

Posted Image
Because of 12 MG!! and it goes 150! KPH

#329 Theodor Kling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postdal10, on 07 January 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

if it was not in the realistic MWO timeline i would bring a packhunter. fully humanoid with jumpjets and nice low tech parts that could easily be replaced as well as it is fast and has hands..
[...]
also i would have a laser rifle and gray death scout armor stashed in an easily accessible port on the mech. that way if i have to leave for a foray the zombies still won't be able to get me. even if they pin me down i can fry them with jump jets.

Don forget those nice.. fingernails on the pack hunter :D
But Since neither packhunter nor grey death scout are available in 3050...well.. ECM is always good against other survivors, so definetly pack one. For versability a good light or medium mech. Hands for utility... limits options somewhat... maybe a Royken with hand modules and an all energy setup.... but anyway: zombie apocalypse is likely happening on one planet, not all of them at once.. so just quarantine that planet. If containing people wanting to flee from there ( and possibly spreading infection) becomes too hard... well there is always the option to ask for a special exeption from the ares convention and simply nuke it from orbit.

#330 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Okay... this thread was created prior to the Launch of MechWarrior: Online's open game play features. As such, it was meant for people to sift through BT Mechs for ones of their choosing... however, it basically became **** for FireStarter fans.

This is what I'm going to do: I am going to retire this old thread, and resurrect a new one based on what's available using in-game tech plus a few BT techs put in for functionality (some infantry bays, etc.)... so, that way, you can survive the zombie apocalypse in your own custom Mech from Mechlab instead of from TROs... standby my friends.

Here it is...

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 July 2013 - 04:07 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users