Mwo Beach Party 2020 On Now!

81 replies to this topic

#61 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

This event is unplayable in Tier 1 with up to 10 minutes waiting time to get stuffed into a team with 2 DC and a bunch of what feels like Tier 5 beginners... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?

#62 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

View PostTrennbull, on 18 July 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

This event is unplayable in Tier 1 with up to 10 minutes waiting time to get stuffed into a team with 2 DC and a bunch of what feels like Tier 5 beginners... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?

I completely understand where you are coming from.
After a few games I logged off. The same people, in the same builds doing the same routine as dictated by map and mode selection. I start to wonder if NASCAR is just a high tier trait brought on through repetition.

At least with a mixed ability group, you could do some drop calling, share some knowledge; the games were varied, a little chaotic, but FUN. There were even occasions when people would thank you.

But this?

Nope.

Just nope.

Z

#63 Balthazar Bratt

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for the event. LRMs all along and way to few C Bill Rewards :(

#64 OGTiger

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

SO how do we actually get loot bags im new but from what i read we have to purchase something to get event gifts?

#65 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

View PostOGTiger, on 18 July 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

SO how do we actually get loot bags im new but from what i read we have to purchase something to get event gifts?

every time you get a match score of 80+, you have earned a loot bag (first Phase)

you go here Event Page, and claim your bags there, scroll down a bit, and you'll see where the loot bags are, you will need to refresh the page if you leave it open (after a few games). most wait later into the event before ever claiming any, I do it about every 3-10 games

Link on the first post

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 18 July 2020 - 03:23 PM.

#66 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

View PostTrennbull, on 18 July 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostZephrym, on 18 July 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

I completely understand where you are coming from.
After a few games I logged off. The same people, in the same builds doing the same routine as dictated by map and mode selection. I start to wonder if NASCAR is just a high tier trait brought on through repetition.

At least with a mixed ability group, you could do some drop calling, share some knowledge; the games were varied, a little chaotic, but FUN. There were even occasions when people would thank you.

But this?

Nope.

Just nope.

View PostLockheed_, on 18 July 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

It sounds like I am just gonna stick to Tier 2 then. I'm just gonna play more support, scouts and more specialized builds. That will keep me out of T1.

Hello, folks. First off, I'll tell you that PGI's Events Team isn't to blame for what is going on here. Seriously, they're not the perpetrators in any way/shape/form to what's happened. You want to know what happened? Guess what... Paul Inouye did a {LT-MOB-25} (https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mobile_Long_Tom) to this Event when they did some tweaking to the MatchMaker that you have to go through in order to play. Of course, that led to what I could call my "Heads-Up Alert Post" to make Matt Newman aware of what has happened, which I repeat below for the rest of you to see...

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 July 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

On other notes, you might end up having to somewhat extend the running time of the Event on the far end. One of your coworkers decided to make it harder (or at least that's my interpretation... have a look @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/277493-psr-tier-metrics-round-1/ in order to make your own determination and decipher the mess) for those on the far ends of the PSR spectrum to actually get a Match to play. I don't like the massive negative impacts this can possibly put against newer/newbie players and anyone who fell into the 'Tier 5' area. Posted Image

...and ask all of you to please follow the link in that Quote (or just click this linked phrase) in order to read what Paul Inouye pulled on everyone, which you'll find at the bottom of his thread-opening post. In short, making it Four Minutes before the Release Valves would trigger was an extremely bad idea, what with Tonnage Balance that should have been used for any given Match being sorely ignored. It has effectively rammed anyone on the extreme ends of the PSR values unnecessarily far into the floor for the Loot Bag Style of Events, and resulted in my posting on Page 4 (second post on that page, https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/277493-psr-tier-metrics-round-1/page__view__findpost__p__6342803) of that thread. Heck, I'm starting to get a little annoyed, because of one simple truth....... PSR should seriously NEVER auto-determine through restriction on getting a Match to play what your Participation & Rewards that you can get from an Event's run will happen to be! <_<

~Mr. D. V. "I get how you feel, but PGI's Events Team is NOT at fault here! The current PSR System is a mess!" Devnull

#67 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

I'm in Tier 4 recently and wait times over the weekend weren't the worst I've seen, but dropping is notably slower than it has been for a looong time.

On the other hand, I seem to be playing with people that not cause violent stomps within 2-3 minutes every second match, so now my scoring opportunities are dependent on not getting blown up stupidly early match. Which is at least on me.

#68 Phaneron

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 16 July 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

oh maaannn, I read it wrong, I thought 1 loot bag per 80 match score meant, if I had 320 match score, I'd get 4 loot bags, nope, it's really just a any 80+ match score Posted Image

that means I have to actually do 150 matches . .

Yeah I thought the same thing. then thought it was bugged, but the requirements are just stated very weird. 150 matches is a lot in such a short timeframe though

#69 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:58 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 21 July 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

50 matches a week.
It's gonna be tough for many.
I play around 3-5 per day currently.

I just finished all 150 about half an hour ago and I gotta say it wasn't the amount of matches that seemed to take forever but rather the delay between matches. The time spent waiting for matchmaking, loading, and then for everyone else to load in is kind of ridiculous. I finished 5 movies in that downtime alone. Tomorrow is the next part of the event and a sale update so I'm pretty excited to spend some of the cbills I gathered through these matches.

#70 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:21 AM

Oh wait nevermind, retracted. it works

Edited by Hellbringer, 24 July 2020 - 05:47 AM.

#71 Safety Seth KGB

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

What is the best choice for the freebie mechs this time?

#72 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the free stuff!

Edited by latinisator, 25 July 2020 - 09:49 PM.

#73 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

View PostSafety Seth KGB, on 25 July 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

The biggest most expensive mech probably. If you've been playing a long time and have plenty of mechbay slots, you should go for the 200GSP because it's roughly 9,000,000 cbills worth of skill points that you don't have to pay for. If you're a newer player you definitely want a mech because it comes with a free mechbay. As for the mech in particular, I went with the Executioner-C because it's normally ~18,000,000 at base price so if I had bought it on sale I'd have saved about 9,000,000 which is roughly the same price as the money saved getting the GSP bundle + I get a free mechbay and don't have to wait for a sale. It's also an Omni-mech so I don't have to invest any money in it aside from buying the omni-pods I want and whatever weapons I want to equip on it. So take a look at the list of mechs available, find the ones you're interested in and are expensive to buy normally like a Stalker or Executioner.

#74 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:34 PM

View PostSafety Seth KGB, on 25 July 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

200 GSP is the best option.
You can buy any mech for c-bills.

#75 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

Probably someone already posted this, but, eh, can't be bothered to read through all this.

So, this is misleading, and I just only now realized.
Cause, see, I assumed it's 1 lootbag per 80matchscore, but it isn't.
It's one lootbag per at 80+ matchscore match.

Posted Image

#76 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 336 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

View PostYouKnowNothing, on 31 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Probably someone already posted this, but, eh, can't be bothered to read through all this.

Posted Image

Na, the description was pretty clear...

#77 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:33 PM

View PostYouKnowNothing, on 31 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/1MQd6F0.png>>>

View PostBig-G, on 31 July 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

Na, the description was pretty clear...

Guys... I see what YouKnowNothing is getting at here. I suspect it could have been more easy to read if it had been written as...

"Earn 1 Loot Bag per Match with 80+ Score, up to 150 Bags"

...as that way should have made it clear in any language, even with translation. At least, I would like to think it did. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "trying to settle this argument quickly with a third opinion" Devnull

#78 ERSmurf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:38 PM

@All: Or YouKnowNothing is just a newer player. This format is nothing new... and in addition, the different wording of P2 might also have functioned as a hint to the intended meaning of P1 wording.

Besides, English language is full of phrases and words that are ambiguous... Couple of examples from my studies...

He fed (her) (dog biscuits). OR He fed (her dog) (biscuits).

The police officer hit (the man) (with a gun). OR The police officer hit (the man with a gun).

If someone yells "Fire!"... is the intended meaning that someone should shoot something? Or that something is burning and help is needed? Without additional context, we do not know.

#79 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:28 PM

What mech to pick as a prize? (assault or heavy prefered)

Edited by ExoForce, 01 August 2020 - 01:30 PM.

#80 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:56 PM

make sense... lol didnt know about additional rewards (special cockpit items for each phase) till now!. need island to remind me to whom i gave so much cash...

Edited by ExoForce, 01 August 2020 - 02:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users