96 replies to this topic

#81 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:37 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

I was agreeing with him, there is only one god and his name is meta. Fun is objective so do it the right way or not at all. Break off that D key, cause you're not going to need to turn right, W, A, and M1 are all this game needs.

We're thinking man's shooting our way to the most efficient matches possible.

Pretty soon we'll reach a level where we don't even have to input, we can just simulate the most efficient matches and have the computer print out results immediately after we hit search on a quickplay match.

All hail elite community play, optimizing games to be the very best in exactly the same way in each possible instance so we don't have to waste time on any action other than shooting.

We optimized the hell out of Faction Warfare, we optimized the hell out of group queue, and now coming to a previously solo queue near you OPTIMIZATIONS!

At least we have the beach event to shore us up while player learn to enjoy the game correctly. Once these degenerates with their mics and turning right (gag), and builds that aren't carbon copied from a website are pushed out we can have the truest of spiral bliss.

May the age be swift in its approach.

Please Google "logical fallacy".

Treat it like a bingo call out and your post as the card.

You may get a blackout before you hit the bottom!

There's a lot more than three meta mechs. There's more variety in viable builds now than any point in the games history.

That you're attempting to equate trying to do better at the game with just simulating every match shows how foolish your argument is. Also the attempt to differentiate "elite players" from "everyone else" like there's this moral line between nobility and common folks. It's all just players playing the game. Some people are better at it than others. If you don't like where you fall on the skill spectrum that's for you to change.

#82 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

one of three mechs out of hundreds

What are these three mechs?

#83 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:03 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 July 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

Please Google "logical fallacy".

Treat it like a bingo call out and your post as the card.

You may get a blackout before you hit the bottom!

There's a lot more than three meta mechs. There's more variety in viable builds now than any point in the games history.

That you're attempting to equate trying to do better at the game with just simulating every match shows how foolish your argument is. Also the attempt to differentiate "elite players" from "everyone else" like there's this moral line between nobility and common folks. It's all just players playing the game. Some people are better at it than others. If you don't like where you fall on the skill spectrum that's for you to change.

Google "blue fish tuesday"

I'm sorry, I blacked out and when i woke up I was in some sort of bizzaro land where left turn circlers were trying to hold some sort of higher ground which seems to be an oxymoron but is strangely apropos.

Don't you have some expert tier rotation to get to?

And to head off the boring retort at the pass, no i don't, i'm terrible, i play on a joystick, i cheated to t1, blah blah whatever.

View PostKubernetes, on 23 July 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

What are these three mechs?

I'm sorry, but that information is classified only to people who play T1 matches and watch the scoreboard lists. Which is to say check the scoreboard the next few times you play and watch for the overlap yourself- you're a smart dude i'm sure you can figure it out on your own.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 23 July 2020 - 03:01 PM.

#84 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

when i woke up I was in some sort of bizzaro land where left turn circlers were trying to hold some sort of higher ground

Here's where MischiefSC says something and you think you're reading the complete opposite of what he's saying. As you said, bizarro land.

I'm sorry, but that information is classified only to people who play T1 matches and watch the scoreboard lists. Which is to say check the scoreboard the next few times you play and watch for the overlap yourself- you're a smart dude i'm sure you can figure it out on your own.

I'm serious. Clowns are always crying about the meta. Tell us, clown, what is the meta?

Edited by Kubernetes, 23 July 2020 - 03:57 PM.

#85 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 23 July 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

I'm serious. Clowns are always crying about the meta. Tell us, clown, what is the meta?

Why are you personally insulting me? Aren't we friends? You still have our friendship bracelets, right?

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 23 July 2020 - 03:59 PM.

#86 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Why are you personally insulting me? Aren't we friends?

No, not at all. You're the whiniest crybaby we've had here in a while.

#87 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:05 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 23 July 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

No, not at all. You're the whiniest crybaby we've had here in a while.

I've always loved you Kubernetes, ever since that moment we had at the hot springs. My mind said no but your strong actuators said yes.

I wish that night would have never ended.

I cry only for what could have been, my strong firm Atlas of a mechwarrior.

Lie and tell me you don't feel the same way.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 23 July 2020 - 04:05 PM.

#88 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:12 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

I've always loved you Kubernetes, ever since that moment we had at the hot springs. My mind said no but your strong actuators said yes.

I wish that night would have never ended.

I cry only for what could have been, my strong firm Atlas of a mechwarrior.

Lie and tell me you don't feel the same way.

This fan fiction is almost NSFW... Please, continue!

#89 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:15 PM

Do you think you're original? Do you think you're the first one to come around here and try to open our eyes to the ridiculousness of Nascar? Bro, you're not even the tenth person this year to go on an extended whine about it. But please, do go on and keep pulling out this fantasist bulls**t about MWO "elites" and whatnot.

#90 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 23 July 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

Do you think you're original? Do you think you're the first one to come around here and try to open our eyes to the ridiculousness of Nascar? Bro, you're not even the tenth person this year to go on an extended whine about it. But please, do go on and keep pulling out this fantasist bulls**t about MWO "elites" and whatnot.

I don't want to open your eyes to anything other than the joy of passionate brotherhood, my friend.

I've touched you in an angry place, when i only ever wanted to embrace as friends in only happy places.

Will you take my hand in joy, peace, and fraternal bonding?

You need only shed your stifling overskin and open your portals to accept the truth of all creation.

#91 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:23 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 23 July 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

May I suggest that groups that have a massive effect on the outcome of a match are already kick a$$ as solo pilots and by grouping that kick a$$ness is stacked with some measure of multiplier powa boastage due to synergy.

Just saying that grouping does not automatically endow its members with the special power of team work and force multiplication.

In my experience if you look at how groups on the other side of the spectrum play its mostly as individuals even though they are premade with little synergy.

So what makes a good player is maybe individual skills plus the skill to synergise with what ever team you happen to be on, increasing chances of your teams success at winning games.

I thinks

You make a good observation, better players are more likely to group up than worse ones.

If teamwork is OP and the above average players tends more towards grouping then it's a snowball effect.

The average pug is in for a hill twice as steep.

#92 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 23 July 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

You make a good observation, better players are more likely to group up than worse ones.

If teamwork is OP and the above average players tends more towards grouping then it's a snowball effect.

The average pug is in for a hill twice as steep.

The problem with groups is what just happened in my last game... 4-man comes in, does a ton of stuff, then TEAM DAMAGES EACH OTHER DELIBERATELY, which reduces their matchscore. They're running stomps, and gaming matchscore so they have the higher drop rate, and more stomps. The team damage penalties outside of matchscore are too low to be meaningful to a group that does this.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 23 July 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#93 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

please, i must know what these 3 mechs are so i don't accidentally play one and condemn myself to an eternity in hell.

#94 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:02 PM

View Postcougurt, on 23 July 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

please, i must know what these 3 mechs are so i don't accidentally play one and condemn myself to an eternity in hell.

Convince Kubernetes to return and take his rightful place by my side and i may be tempted to share the information with those who are not tasked an analytical team.

Just this once, though.

#95 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:01 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 July 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

The problem with groups is what just happened in my last game... 4-man comes in, does a ton of stuff, then TEAM DAMAGES EACH OTHER DELIBERATELY, which reduces their matchscore.

What's the problem?

They're running stomps, and gaming matchscore so they have the higher drop rate, and more stomps.

So...legging your friend at the end of a match....results in more stomps and more matches???

Uh... k.

The team damage penalties outside of matchscore are too low to be meaningful to a group that does this.

Are you really saying you think team damage penalties should be more severe?

#96 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:14 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 23 July 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

Convince Kubernetes to return and take his rightful place by my side and i may be tempted to share the information with those who are not tasked an analytical team.

Just this once, though.

I thought you wanted to get to Tier 1. Sounds like now your not happy about it.
Or maybe your just being sarcastic and you really love it.
Hoarding your secret T1 secret sauce secrets from us who don't have the paygrade to buy all the ingredients. Posted Image

Edit spelling

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 25 July 2020 - 12:27 AM.

#97 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:34 PM

++Preparing for Jump++Failure detected in Navigationsystems++Trying to determine location...failed++

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users