5-Man Premade Group?

51 replies to this topic

#21 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 July 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

You've still got faction warfare and private lobbies, Solaris 2v2 if you need to. The only thing these modes lack is an abundance of pugs to club. And before you start going on about dead queues, it's evident group players are organised enough to arrange leagues and competitions between themselves, it's a far less stretch to organise casual matches so you can play amongst yourselves without receiving rewards from PGI.

Or you could just play the game as normal.

Hey, looks like a popular time to play the game has people dropping in it and I got synced because lots of people tend to play around the same time. Whoops. Hacking detected.

Look, I know it sucks, group queue is gone, but even before it wasn't try-hards were syncing in the solo queue. Back then the argument was a couple of group players didn't have a noticeable effect on the game, I even remember one fallacious argument claiming their average matchscores went down as a result, well look how wrong that was.

You still haven't been able to prove in any way, shape or fashion that syncing lends an advantage.

Just like all those other claims you've made that have gone completely unsubstantiated.

So we got groups now permitted in the solo queue, up to 4-man. It's not unreasonable to expect group players to honur that limitation for the sake of the pug players who they share a match with. But instead we see try-hard players trying to exploit it further.

Or, they could just play the game as normal.

An exploit is an exploit. Should we allow players in T5 to use aimbots? Same logic.

Lmao, dumb statement after dumb statement.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,718 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:10 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 24 July 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

4-man plus a sync dropper (who could have ended up on the other side). Seen this a couple of times...more often the 5th ends up on the opposite team (as there are 8 slots on one team and 12 on other)

Thank you.

#23 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:21 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 24 July 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

If we get over 4 people the others sync with us. We take turns syncing. If im on the other side I do everything I can to kill by buddies lol

In the true Marik spirit there is nothing more satisfying than killing your own.

#24 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,718 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

View PostGoatHILL, on 25 July 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

In the true Marik spirit there is nothing more satisfying than killing your own.

All Mariks Unite! ... Or maybe not. Posted Image

#25 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:36 AM

But instead we see try-hard players trying to exploit it further.

They just want to play with friends!

#26 TheClanReject

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:44 AM

View PostKroete, on 25 July 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

They just want to farm with friends!

Fixed that for you.
Because lets face it groups do not want to fight other groups, GQ died and FP is a ghost town.

#27 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:22 AM

View PostPlzJustDie, on 25 July 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

Fixed that for you.
Because lets face it groups do not want to fight other groups, GQ died and FP is a ghost town.

More like they just want to farm their friends. Dropped a few games with another unit last night.....they had 2 4 man’s going (which the matchmaker cannot place on the same side) and were trying to drop against each other. Right now if you are dropping a group in the soup queue you will nearly always face a group on the other side....as most matches have groups on each side (groups don’t always have the same tags).

#28 TheClanReject

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:44 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 25 July 2020 - 06:22 AM, said:

More like they just want to farm their friends. Dropped a few games with another unit last night.....they had 2 4 man’s going (which the matchmaker cannot place on the same side) and were trying to drop against each other. Right now if you are dropping a group in the soup queue you will nearly always face a group on the other side....as most matches have groups on each side (groups don’t always have the same tags).

So why is GQ and FP dead? Could the groups not farm their friends there? Or was it maybe that groups never stopped sync dropping into solo q?
Once again solo players gets screwed over to please groups...
I know tags don't have to match.
In any case I am not going to debate this, I have been playing this game since closed beta I have heard all the excuses before, and have seen how FP died out because solos was not to drop into the group only end game.

Edited by PlzJustDie, 25 July 2020 - 07:57 AM.

#29 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:33 AM

View PostKroete, on 25 July 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

They just have friends!

Fixed that for you.

#30 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:04 PM

View PostPlzJustDie, on 25 July 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

So why is GQ and FP dead? Could the groups not farm their friends there? Or was it maybe that groups never stopped sync dropping into solo q?
Once again solo players gets screwed over to please groups...
I know tags don't have to match.
In any case I am not going to debate this, I have been playing this game since closed beta I have heard all the excuses before, and have seen how FP died out because solos was not to drop into the group only end game.

Around November it died. So no you couldn't farm your friends. Group of 8 doesn't make a match. We tried dropping with 6 very often for those months and never got a match. We ended up sync dropping a few times then going to anther game. You can see this in my games played.

cw died because of pgi and what they did. On top of what they never added. I stopped playing and a lot of people stopped playing when they went to 1 bucket. There was no reason for us to play anymore as a faction. So we only dropped in gq. Other than when we did scouting but again pgi removed this too.

Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 25 July 2020 - 12:38 PM.

#31 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:54 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 July 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Look, groups who have played at the same time every night, who have been playing together this way for years, should now, solely because of soup queue stop playing together? I don't know about the [ichi] folks featured in the screen shot; perhaps they are so-called "try-hards", but I for one do not begrudge them attempting to play the game together. Remember MWO...this team based game?

WE HAVE FACTION PLAY FOR THAT.

#32 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 25 July 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

Faction play is in no way the mode for casual, regular get togethers where small groups can go to play.

Ahem...

Posted Image

Highly competitive. Specialized mechs. Unlike Quickplay. Etc.

We have people ranging from T1-T5 in our group drops. Some have only a hand full of mechs. Some are lore nerds who have no clan mechs and vice-versa. Some have absolutely no desire to build a drop deck let alone the specialized decks one really ought to have if you are going to stand a chance against regular FP players. Some simply don't like spending 30 [Edit] minutes in a single drop. There are, I am sure, other reason why individuals dislike FP, but all of those reasons are irrelevant. You see, PGI gave us all the glory that is soup queue, which allows groups to drop therein; so why should we feel obligated to play faction play any more than a casual solo player?

To use your turn of phrase:

WE HAVE QUICK PLAY FOR THAT.

So, one more time for those in the back: PGI took away the group queue and made a single quick play queue where groups are specifically allowed to drop, and we will do so, because we can. If you don't like the fact that groups are grouping in the quick play queue, which was specifically redesigned by PGI to allow those groups to drop in the quick play queue, then, by all means...Take. It. Up. With. PGI.

Groups dropping as groups in quick play are not doing any thing wrong, anymore than solos dropping in quick play are.

Edited by Bud Crue, 25 July 2020 - 02:10 PM.

#33 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 02:50 PM

The points above are pretty much why I keep out of FW even if I realy like the mode and idea.
I hardly have a dropdeck , I don't use meta mechs and I mostly play solo and I think I will be sticking with T3.
I have dropped in, in the past but it was more like 1 enjoyable game and 20 stomps.

Wish there would be solo FW....

#34 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 25 July 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

Faction play is in no way the mode for casual, regular get togethers where small groups can go to play.

Ahem...

Posted Image

Highly competitive. Specialized mechs. Unlike Quickplay. Etc.

We have people ranging from T1-T5 in our group drops. Some have only a hand full of mechs. Some are lore nerds who have no clan mechs and vice-versa. Some have absolutely no desire to build a drop deck let alone the specialized decks one really ought to have if you are going to stand a chance against regular FP players. Some simply don't like spending 30 [Edit] minutes in a single drop. There are, I am sure, other reason why individuals dislike FP, but all of those reasons are irrelevant. You see, PGI gave us all the glory that is soup queue, which allows groups to drop therein; so why should we feel obligated to play faction play any more than a casual solo player?

To use your turn of phrase:

WE HAVE QUICK PLAY FOR THAT.

So, one more time for those in the back: PGI took away the group queue and made a single quick play queue where groups are specifically allowed to drop, and we will do so, because we can. If you don't like the fact that groups are grouping in the quick play queue, which was specifically redesigned by PGI to allow those groups to drop in the quick play queue, then, by all means...Take. It. Up. With. PGI.

Groups dropping as groups in quick play are not doing any thing wrong, anymore than solos dropping in quick play are.

True enough, and if your overall goal is to make this game go away, you're well on track. I say, Bravo, sir.

FP is dead because of the changes, not because of the groups. There simply aren't enough people interested in it. Once upon a time, QP was the place that solos could go to avoid being farmed by groups. Now, the groups are enjoying the farming in both places. That means the only place to go to avoid being farmed is somewhere else, completely.

It's almost as if it's designed to be that way, isn't it?

#35 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

As a team member of the ICHI unit, I can confirm that it is a sync drop in this case.

#36 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:09 PM

lol sync dropping

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 November 2020 - 10:09 PM.

#37 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 12:33 AM

View PostMUNTAFIRE2, on 10 November 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

As a team member of the ICHI unit, I can confirm that it is a sync drop in this case.

I for one am glad you necroed this six month old thread to establish something we already knew. Thank you good sir.

#38 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:22 AM

And before you start going on about dead queues, it's evident group players are organised enough to arrange leagues and competitions between themselves,
You assume that's representative of all group players. There are some people who just want to pew pew at giant robots with a few of their buddies at random times during the day with an amount of "organization" approaching nil.

I even remember one fallacious argument claiming their average matchscores went down as a result, well look how wrong that was.
It wasn't. Grouped players still compete against each other for match score from damage and kills, so individually each of them probably scores a bit less than they would dumped alone into the middle of 11 average pugs.
A competent group as a whole, however, has the potential to outcompete the 8 pugs on their side.

View PostWillard Phule, on 26 July 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

FP is dead because of the changes, not because of the groups. There simply aren't enough people interested in it. Once upon a time, QP was the place that solos could go to avoid being farmed by groups. Now, the groups are enjoying the farming in both places. That means the only place to go to avoid being farmed is somewhere else, completely.

What I've observed in QP says that no, some groups are instead enjoying being farmed

Edited by Horseman, 11 November 2020 - 03:06 PM.

#39 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:22 PM

Ah the hypocrisy... You can try to lie to yourself pretenfing is not unfair and a cheat, despite the pasivity of PGI.
Of course, have an undue advantage, little or great over the rest of the players is fun. Specially with friends.

But this makes it not morally aceptable.
That´s not sportsmanship.
That´s the kid attitude, who thinks that all the not caught and punished is permited

You dont want to face it, but youre making worse the expereince of the solo players.

Lie to yourself all you want.

Edited by Tirant Lo Blanc, 11 November 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#40 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:33 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 25 July 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

FP is for full 12 man premade groups. Anything smaller, like a 4 man, just get farmed like......well, like solos in QP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users