#41 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 11 November 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

FP is for full 12 man premade groups. Anything smaller, like a 4 man, just get farmed like......well, like solos in QP.

Farm not, lest ye be farmed.

#42 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 November 2020 - 03:27 PM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 11 November 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

Ah the hypocrisy... You can try to lie to yourself pretenfing is not unfair and a cheat, despite the pasivity of PGI.
Unfair? Maybe.
Which serves to prove that the matchmaker needs more work.
Cheating? Not really, considering that PGI enables this behavior.

That´s not sportsmanship.
It's not. But also, which match the players are put into is down to the matchmaker and so is how well the teams are balanced. Blaming syncdrops for your team's inherent failings isn't exactly honest.

You dont want to face it, but youre making worse the expereince of the solo players.
You may be right, but considering that that poorly prepared solos have been making the FP experience worse for grouped players for years, and that groups had their dedicated group queue removed outright some months ago, at this point, they pretty much have NOWHERE to go but either a) quickplay or B) out of this game (and the exodus continues)

#43 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:13 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 November 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

Farm not, lest ye be farmed.

Farm or be farmed is closer.

#44 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:27 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 11 November 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Farm or be farmed is closer.

It's a farm eat farm world out there.

#45 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 November 2020 - 06:36 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 November 2020 - 04:27 PM, said:

It's a farm eat farm world out there.

I'm just glad they pulled the trigger to make QP just like FP. I still think they should just get rid of QP altogether and force everyone to join a premade team before dropping anywhere. Sure, population will drop because there's nothing left for casual solos, but who cares about them? MW:O is for elite, comp players. Not casual solos.

#46 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:08 PM

View PostHorseman, on 11 November 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Unfair? Maybe.
Which serves to prove that the matchmaker needs more work.
Cheating? Not really, considering that PGI enables this behavior.
It's not. But also, which match the players are put into is down to the matchmaker and so is how well the teams are balanced. Blaming syncdrops for your team's inherent failings isn't exactly honest.
You may be right, but considering that that poorly prepared solos have been making the FP experience worse for grouped players for years, and that groups had their dedicated group queue removed outright some months ago, at this point, they pretty much have NOWHERE to go but either a) quickplay or Posted Image out of this game (and the exodus continues)

Again. Lie to yourself all you want, juggle with the concepts all you want. Thre is a limit.

You are rthe only one responisble of make worse the expereicnie of others in an unfair way. Pgi has his fault, but you have your part... Thius is the point

#47 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 12 November 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm just glad they pulled the trigger to make QP just like FP. I still think they should just get rid of QP altogether and force everyone to join a premade team before dropping anywhere. Sure, population will drop because there's nothing left for casual solos, but who cares about them? MW:O is for elite, comp players. Not casual solos.

I know you're just being dramatic but truth is FP is so screwed up no one i know will play it. If it was FP or nothing everyone would just quit. Just remember the "community" tried to fix FP twice and this is what we got.

#48 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 12 November 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

You are rthe only one responisble of make worse the expereicnie of others in an unfair way. Pgi has his fault, but you have your part... Thius is the point
No, sweetcheeks. My part in this whole debacle consists of wanting to play a game I enjoy by the rules PGI set. Which is exactly as much as the people you are trying to shame here are guilty of, TBH.
Now you've crossed quite a few lines by trying to accuse me personally (which is ******* hilarious, people who know me also know I mostly play solo) of being the cause of the supposed problem and shown that your actual purpose is running players out of the game using a claim they are running others out of the game as an excuse.

The only point your argument is really making is that you are unable to recognize how hypocritical it is.

Edited by Horseman, 12 November 2020 - 02:55 PM.

#49 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

If anything PGI and the playerbase have embraced sync dropping.

When people still played this game there was Marik Monday Madness, Comstar Tuesdays, and 2 or 3 other large sync drop events on a weekly basis. This how you build a community.

This is a team based game if you are playing this alone that is on you, you don't even need to join a unit even at this stage of the game there are people out there willing to drop with you for a night no strings just ask around.

#50 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, but Team based does not mean Fixed Team based - for Fixed Team based matches PGI offers/offered several Qs.
These have so far died off or we would not have the Non Fixed Team Q that survived the longest now be in emergency misuse as last resort for Fixed Team gaming with all the consequences that will have.

Edited by Thorqemada, 12 November 2020 - 10:16 PM.

#51 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:24 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 12 November 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

Yeah, but Team based does not mean Fixed Team based - for Fixed Team based matches PGI offers/offered several Qs.
These have so far died off or we would not have the Non Fixed Team Q that survived the longest now be in emergency misuse as last resort for Fixed Team gaming with all the consequences that will have.

If solos were able to drop in GQ then yes but they can't so you need prefect groups numbers make up 12v12 matches.

But even in solo Q with no groups you are still on a team this game has no free for all mode.

I was in a game tonight where there were a couple other players with Marik tags and people thought we were sync'ing they were just randos people see boogeymen all the time especially when they lose.

#52 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:40 AM

This thread contains several breaches of conduct, including *Name and Shame*, *Flaming*, *Necro* and so forth. Instead of moderating them all individually, this thread goes to Kaetetôã.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users