Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

Less MW 5 more MWO pls.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

I hope it works out. Still waiting for the DLC to drop before I reinstall MW5. Also the MechCommander mod makes me itchy....such a cool idea.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:13 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 31 July 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

I hope it works out. Still waiting for the DLC to drop before I reinstall MW5. Also the MechCommander mod makes me itchy....such a cool idea.

I think that may have been one of the Mod Teams PGI were working with from the onset; did PGI ever announce which mod teams they were working with or was it kept under an NDA?

If so, why PGI didn't make their own MechCommander is beyond me. If I was to speculate I would guess their license with M$ only covered the FPS genre and HBS had the rights to the strategy/tactical genre.

#6 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:25 AM

Post MW5 updates elsewhere please. I'm sure you can afford further web hosting with the money you received from the CCP over at Epic. Pretty sure this post will be taken down by a mod though, since it's apparently offensive speaking the truth <3 Free Hong Kong.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 31 July 2020 - 11:27 AM.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

@Bruinwald
Licence as well as resources. Modders can do that in their free time, PGI has to pay people and those are allready working on the DLC and update for MW5 so I doubt it would be doable time and money wise.

@Paladin
Dude get over it.

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:52 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 31 July 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

Less MW 5 more MWO pls.

Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 01 August 2020 - 02:54 AM.

#9 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:51 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 31 July 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

I think that may have been one of the Mod Teams PGI were working with from the onset; did PGI ever announce which mod teams they were working with or was it kept under an NDA?

If so, why PGI didn't make their own MechCommander is beyond me. If I was to speculate I would guess their license with M$ only covered the FPS genre and HBS had the rights to the strategy/tactical genre.

I don't think any mod teams were under an NDA, definitely not for Mechcommander (since I never signed one). PGI has been in communication with a bunch of us modders on their discord when they have time to.

Their license covers MC as well. We even asked it if was okay to use the name and I think they checked with MS about it. As far as I understand it, PGI has a license to do any video game in the IP they want. Something like that. HBS was a sublicense from PGI, I think.

#10 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:30 AM

I'll keep waiting for Steam release, with a sale price.

Not supporting Epic Store and their Chinese overlords, and yes I'm still salty about the last minute switch after everyone pre-ordered it. What a middle finger to your customers.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 01 August 2020 - 08:30 AM.

#11 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:34 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 01 August 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

I'll keep waiting for Steam release, with a sale price.

Not supporting Epic Store and their Chinese overlords, and yes I'm still salty about the last minute switch after everyone pre-ordered it. What a middle finger to your customers.

Purchasing from steam is indicating that they can pull the bait and switch and have cake too.

A sale is a sale.

Gamers are the only demographic who try to boycott by buying a product- Folks, even on sale its never going to be at a price that doesn't gain them a profit, that's basic business.

#12 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:47 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Folks, even on sale its never going to be at a price that doesn't gain them a profit, that's basic business.

Unless the game features micro-transactions/dlc.

#13 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:47 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Purchasing from steam is indicating that they can pull the bait and switch and have cake too.

A sale is a sale.

Gamers are the only demographic who try to boycott by buying a product- Folks, even on sale its never going to be at a price that doesn't gain them a profit, that's basic business.

I don't see how it's any different considering I was going to purchase it on Steam originally anyways? However I would have paid full price for a Steam release at launch and certainly now I will not pay full price after a year or more after release.

I've never been trying to boycott the product itself, just the EGS.

I didn't throw any money at the EGS. I don't want to support EGS or China and that's the point I'm trying to make.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 02 August 2020 - 09:55 AM.

#14 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:15 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 02 August 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

I didn't throw any money at the EGS. I don't want to support EGS or China and that's the point I'm trying to make.

Any particular reason you don't want to support EGS or China.I get the whole bait and switch being a douche move but surely that bone belongs to PGI and boycotting the actual product.

I'm a GoG guy, so being DRM free and able to install my games a decade from now without spoofing servers is my angle.

#15 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:38 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 02 August 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

Any particular reason you don't want to support EGS or China.I get the whole bait and switch being a douche move but surely that bone belongs to PGI and boycotting the actual product.

I'm a GoG guy, so being DRM free and able to install my games a decade from now without spoofing servers is my angle.

Sure. The practice of attempting to buy exclusives is something I don't agree with, so I won't support EGS as long as they continue to do so. Yes PGI also has a role to play in this and because of that I will continue to wait for my original Steam release/key and will not pay the full launch price that I originally intended to do. And if the game never leaves the EGS, then I'll never buy it.

This is just my opinion, I realize some people don't care about the fact that Epic throws bags of cash at game companies in order to be exclusive to their store, but I do.

My beef with "China" in this case is simply the relationship of Tencent and their backing of the EGS, I don't have an issue with Chinese people or Chinese products in the general sense, but you can google Tencent and quickly see how they are in bed with the CCP and have been known to breach privacy, data and all sorts of things. That's just more reason for me to avoid the EGS.

People can spend their money however they like, so this is just how I plan to spend mine. Others don't have to agree with it, nor am I seeking anyone's approval. Posted Image

#16 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:01 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 02 August 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Snip.

Well put.

Whilst it is a douche-move I don't have an issue with EGS buying exclusivity, at the end of the day devs are after money and getting paid instead of taking a 30% cut is one hell of a deal. That's not to say I'm for exclusives, I'd rather products be available through multiple channels.

The whole Tencent thing is beyond me, if Snowden taught us anything it's that it would be foolish to believe America/Steam don't behave in a similar manner. The only positive with Tencent is my country doesn't share an extradition treaty with China. Unfortunately it does with America.

#17 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:38 AM

Exclusive deals in many industries are a common thing. You can find it in film, music, etc. and its definitly not new to games.
Back in the day when I bought physical copies not every game was avaible at every computer store and there where also special deals back then with special promotions exclusive to certain stores.

Steam was basicly a monopol for years, bending the industrie to its ways of doing things and one could hardly sell a game anymore without putting it on steam too and steam collected.

Epic and other stores that came later finaly broke up that monopol. Each with their idea on how to do it. GOG started with old games and DRM freedom. Others tried it with their own company exclusive game stores and Epic with free games and exclusive contracts.
Now we finaly see more competition emerging from that. We got 3 big stores with Steam, GOG and Epic and some smaller ones like Uplay or Origin.

#18 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:40 AM

GOG broke into the scene and no one had anything to say about it.

Origin stumbled across the scene and while we didn't like it because it was hot garbage, it wasn't a big deal.

People actively dislike Epic for a variety of reasons, it's not like any competitor to steam gets the side-eye, though.

Why would anyone take time out of their day to defend a multi-billion dollar company that doesn't give a flock about them over a consumers ability to choose not to buy a luxury product from wherever they don't want to do business is beyond me, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users