The Reason You Are Getting Stomped Is Because You Are Not Fighting

65 replies to this topic

#41 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:39 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

I am so angry that I popped up to the top of your rating system, got bored, and walked my way back down because there are such better players than me, yes.

Calling myself a Potato, First Class was an allusion to my superiority as we all know that in MWO terminology potatoes are renowned for their starch status as a staple crop, cherished by all and celebrated by each team.

You caught me, sweetest Kubernetes- though you still haven't caught me in that one on one no hold barred I'd love to see with your giant mech and my tiny mech locked in mortal combat, clashing against each other with the metal absolutely screaming under the stress of two flaming tempers locked in a dance of death and domination.

The thought that you can step into my arena fills your veins and bursts forth with a fire not seen since Mount Vesuvius, truly a joy to experience.

You have to have the right ammunition to fire that weapons system though, sweetest Kubernetes.

Please sir, proceed.

Kubernetes is a good player.

You should listen when good players speak to you, instead of just acting all butthurt.

#42 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:03 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

You should listen when good players speak to you, instead of just acting all butthurt.

You didn't read my post, I said he was not just a good player, but a very good player! Try to keep up!

Good thing he has you puppy dog trailing to defend his honor since you obviously think he's to frail to do so for himself. I had more confidence in him than that, but hey- maybe you know the guy better, who am i to argue?

Belly rubs for you, and maybe if you're lucky a treat later!

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 01 August 2020 - 02:05 PM.

#43 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:09 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

But you're not a good player. So does that mean he shouldn't listen to you about listening to him because he's a good player because you're not a good player or should he listen to Kubernetes and not you but in that case how does he know to listen to Kubernetes without listening to you?

Besides, you don't know what really happened in that hot-springs. You lack context for an informed commentary.

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

It's not a belly rub he receives, it's a piggy-back ride.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 01 August 2020 - 02:10 PM.

#44 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 August 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

But you're not a good player.

You're right, only 98th percentiles apply.

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

You didn't read my post, I said he was not just a good player, but a very good player! Try to keep up!

Good thing he has you puppy dog trailing to defend his honor since you obviously think he's to frail to do so for himself. I had more confidence in him than that, but hey- maybe you know the guy better, who am i to argue?

Ah yes, the usual "gets called out, acts like a child" defense.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 01 August 2020 - 02:41 PM.

#45 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:22 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

Ah yes, the usual "gets called act, acts like a child" defense.

This conversation is much more interesting than the original concept- why don't you keep replying so that we can continue this thread rather than the original?

Thanks for your assistance in this matter. :D

*boops nose*

You're a loyal one, and that's good to see.

#46 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:23 PM

lmao, as predicted.

#47 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

Damn, all that carrying in the soup queue and they still couldn't pull you up! I'm guessing you lost your edge when they tightened the matchmaker and you ran out of seals to club.

#48 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:29 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 August 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Damn, all that carrying in the soup queue and they still couldn't pull you up! I'm guessing you lost your edge when they tightened the matchmaker and you ran out of seals to club.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 01 August 2020 - 02:30 PM.

#49 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:32 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 August 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Nah, sometime back in 2019

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 01 August 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh you must be one of those seals that has never figured out how to break 1.0 WL :'(

Edited by thievingmagpi, 01 August 2020 - 02:33 PM.

#50 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:39 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

Oh you must be one of those seals that has never figured out how to break 1.0 WL :'(

Posted Image

#51 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

ah yes, feel free to double down.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 01 August 2020 - 02:42 PM.

#52 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

ah yes, feel free to double down.

Posted Image

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:32 PM

get a room, lol.

#54 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 31 July 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

One thing I want to drop into this thread is "Follow the Leader" syndrome.

There are a lot of times where you'll see heavier mechs strung out in a conga line behind a couple lights swinging around the map. This tends to happen a lot on "circle" maps like Mining Collective, Solaris City, or HPG Manifold.

Ex, on Solaris, it's common to see light mechs swing around the outside of center to try and get a backstab in on slow mechs. But you'll see larger mechs trying to follow that same route, when instead they should punch through center or form a firing line on the left to splatter any would-be backstabbers coming from the enemy's side.

Canyone/Hibernal is bad for this too. Heavies/assaults will barrel off of the high ground just to follow a lone Huntsman that hopped into the trench to get some ATM shots out. Cue the rollover and NASCAR complaints.

Do not even talk about it! Posted Image

I hate the moment when I am piloting my Cicada and I am attempting to move unnoticed behind the enemy team and I see that I am followed not only by one or two friendly Light or fast Medium 'Mechs, but that friendly Assaults like Daishi or Annihilator are following my trail too.

#55 Balthazar Bratt

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:29 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 30 July 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

But.. what about the people who want to support by running two light PPCs and a LRM5+Artemis from 1200m away? They're contributing!

Contributing to the enemies victory only. Have seen so much peaking and LRMing and not sharing armor lately

#56 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:24 AM

https://mwomercs.com...ics-101-comics/

Once upon a time this was well know for almost every player in this game...

I dont want to be toxic, but there is a big amount of players that ignore delibetatelly the basics of the game and have better scores simply because they are making their teamates scores worst. A medium or light pilot that is consistently crossing the firelines of his assaults, making them imposible to aim or shoot, and then searching protection sitting in their back, is priorizating his 30 alpha to the 100 alpha of the assault, and ruining the poor mobility of the assault. The same when the guy in the fast mech dont cares of taking a little angle in the arc when nascaring, to let the others behind fire their weapons....

A lots of times being a good player is let the other teammates be good players too... There is more science involved than some think...

I used to be the guy saying "Take the top" in Manifold. Now i´m the guy who has to say "Take the top, let the others climb and USE IT"
That says all

#57 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:56 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 August 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

Welcome back!

Essentially, based on your skill, you should move to Tier where you belong. Your Tier is no longer experience bar as it used to be.

There was a game-wide PSR reset a month ago. PGI moved everybody to mid-Tier 3 a month ago. As you can see, some players have already moved to Tier 1, while the other ones have moved to Tier 5.

No problem. What weight class? Inner Sphere or Clan?

Just bought a Sleipnir and the lurm Mad Dog hero.Are they viable?Played 6 games resulting in 5 losses.Build advice for the Sleipnir would be appreciated.

#58 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:13 AM

View PostCharronn, on 02 August 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

Just bought a Sleipnir and the lurm Mad Dog hero.Are they viable?
Build advice for the Sleipnir would be appreciated.

"Sleipnir" is definitely viable. Quad LBX-10s can be very effective. Some people run quad UAC-5s.

As for the LuRM Mad Dog ... It depends on what Tier you are in.

I guess that in Tier 3 it can be still relatively okay. ATMs have some advantages. Do you have "Revenant"?

In higher Tiers the Mad Dog is less seen, and usually not as LuRM-boat.

View PostCharronn, on 02 August 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

Played 6 games resulting in 5 losses.

Do not give up. In Tier 3 you can see all kinds of players: Tier 1 pilots, average Tier 3 guys and Tier 5 casuals. Some matches can be pretty lopsided, especially if one side gets a pre-made group. There is no practical tonnage balancing between both teams.

You will need some time to adjust.

Edited by martian, 02 August 2020 - 04:36 AM.

#59 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:51 AM

Haven't been using the MadDog for some time. Last config I have is 2xATM12, 4ERM and a Beagle. From what I remember a bit hot but it worked.

#60 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:55 AM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 02 August 2020 - 03:24 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...ics-101-comics/

Once upon a time this was well know for almost every player in this game...

I dont want to be toxic, but there is a big amount of players that ignore delibetatelly the basics of the game and have better scores simply because they are making their teamates scores worst. A medium or light pilot that is consistently crossing the firelines of his assaults, making them imposible to aim or shoot, and then searching protection sitting in their back, is priorizating his 30 alpha to the 100 alpha of the assault, and ruining the poor mobility of the assault. The same when the guy in the fast mech dont cares of taking a little angle in the arc when nascaring, to let the others behind fire their weapons....

A lots of times being a good player is let the other teammates be good players too... There is more science involved than some think...

I used to be the guy saying "Take the top" in Manifold. Now i´m the guy who has to say "Take the top, let the others climb and USE IT"
That says all

Man, a blast from the past- i'm surprised all the images are still hosted!

It's unfortunate that a good number of those responses on either side would be replaced with "That will hurt my PSR for no gain to me personally" or "why would i want to help you shoot longer so that it's harder for me to progress?", though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users