The Reason You Are Getting Stomped Is Because You Are Not Fighting

65 replies to this topic

#61 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:53 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 02 August 2020 - 04:55 AM, said:

It's unfortunate that a good number of those responses on either side would be replaced with "That will hurt my PSR for no gain to me personally" or "why would i want to help you shoot longer so that it's harder for me to progress?", though.

"Why would I want to help you shoot longer if you don't know how to shoot anyway?"

Let's face it - most players in PUG of ANY MMO are horrible, and idea about sharing anything with randoms should be meet with caution. People get stomped because they don't know how to build, how to shoot, how to position, etc. Helping them by engaging in some sort of elaborated "teamplay" is dreamwork.

Good player can help their team by killing enemy team faster than they killing your team. This is main way to win. Hope that rando Atlas with RAC-5, LRM 20 and 4 med lasers only need some sort of "team assistance" to make critical contribution is unwarranted and foolish.

Edited by letir, 02 August 2020 - 05:54 AM.

#62 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 02 August 2020 - 03:24 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...ics-101-comics/

Once upon a time this was well know for almost every player in this game...

I dont want to be toxic, but there is a big amount of players that ignore delibetatelly the basics of the game and have better scores simply because they are making their teamates scores worst. A medium or light pilot that is consistently crossing the firelines of his assaults, making them imposible to aim or shoot, and then searching protection sitting in their back, is priorizating his 30 alpha to the 100 alpha of the assault, and ruining the poor mobility of the assault. The same when the guy in the fast mech dont cares of taking a little angle in the arc when nascaring, to let the others behind fire their weapons....

A lots of times being a good player is let the other teammates be good players too... There is more science involved than some think...

I used to be the guy saying "Take the top" in Manifold. Now i´m the guy who has to say "Take the top, let the others climb and USE IT"
That says all

Can only see the steam version but this is awesome. Didn't know this existed.

#63 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 30 July 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

Never stay at the back.
Always stay in the front.
Search for stretched enemy line.
Catch up to the rear.
Attack the slowpoke last mech.
Rinse and repeat and win.

That's how you fail at NASCAR.

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 31 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

The tankiest mech in the game is a 25 ton commando. That little s#!t can frustrate a full lance for several minutes before they kill it, while an Annihilator will die in 10 seconds against an enemy lance. Other 20-25 ton vermins can be annoying, but they do down much quicker than a commando. If you want to send someone 1st over the parapets, commando is your best bet.

I have never been in a match where I couldn't at least 2-shot a Commando, and I drive a Fafnir. I can do this with either dual HGauss or quad LB-10X. (HGauss gives better results beyond 200m)

View Postthievingmagpi, on 01 August 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

Dying early is how you lose matches.

Not according to my W/L ratio and my low survival rate.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 02 August 2020 - 03:19 PM.

#64 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:25 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 02 August 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Not according to my W/L ratio and my low survival rate.

dying early is different from just dying.

and hey, if you die early because nascar, or just doing dumb stuff, but you managed to gank or cripple a few of the enemies, good on you.

but that usually isn't the case. Nor is your team very good at reading and responding to the battle, hey got a light that rushed in and turned the entire enemy team around... Good time to maybe push a little huh? Ah ok nevermind, let's just keep standing around not shooting.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 02 August 2020 - 03:29 PM.

#65 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:58 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 02 August 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

and hey, if you die early because nascar, or just doing dumb stuff, but you managed to gank or cripple a few of the enemies, good on you.

I run a Fafnir, so I always do a lot of damage, even if alone.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 02 August 2020 - 03:58 PM.

#66 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:01 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 31 July 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

@OP
But when I at the front someone could scratch my paint. I just bought this mechs, you can't ask me to risk it in a computer game !

Sadly this kind of behavior/thinking is what I see not only in MWO. Strangely its the higher the tier the more you see it.

Low tiers are like -> https://i.pinimg.com...6c25bf35fe7.jpg

High tier -> https://img.memecdn...._o_2657451.webp

The best armor is cover... This is how modern warfare is done as well. You think they stroll tanks through cities? Na. It's drone strikes and tank shells further away than their munitions can reach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users