Strategic Strikes Should Be Detached From Matchscore: A Roundtable Discussion.

26 replies to this topic

#21 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:58 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 01 August 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

No,I don't think I will. I'll keep using uav over strikes as the uavs are far more beneficial to the team than strikes. Also since you are good at stat hunting look up the post any where where I care about them. I'd like to know what post and year it was I once cared about my own stats. Perhaps I'll look up you on the all mighty lord Jarls be praised list; not stat shaming but just to see what you are stat wise. Maybe your numbers are better but who really cares? You might love my solaris stats too. Perhaps I should play a match but I like my perfect record of 0-0-0. Wouldn't want to lose that kdr wl or whatever.

It wouldn't be a problem & Marquis De Lafayette would likely never have mentioned your stats if you were not being untruthful about them & also using untruthful stats to back up an argument.
Sorry but the person that tells the lie is at fault NOT the person that exposes said lie.

#22 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kommandant
  • Kommandant
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:05 AM

I´m fine with the AS as they are now, but perhaps I wish UAVS should have much more score than strikes in the final screen. Air strikes are blind damage, and sometimes only scrap armor in multiple mechs, to give a false impression of contribution to the match. Friendly UAV´s are far more valuable. even for the light mechs. Use UAV ¨s or kill them is far morer contributive than air strikes

If you´re in a team that don´t use UAVS, and you see n one killing the enemy UAV´s, prepare to be stomped 90 of 100

#23 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:19 AM

Strikes do take some skill to be effective. Sure, it takes 0 skill to call a strike at a random location, but calling one that will hit multiple enemies, and no friendlies is a different thing. Well placed strikes are an important tool in playing lights and mediums, especially those that do not come with 16 weapon hardpoints and need to work hard to generate damage. Finally, sometimes a well placed strike does not hit anything, but is still beneficial to the team by halting enemy movement through a choke point, making an enemy move out of cover (or eat the strike), or making that sniper jump off his perch to avoid the arti strike - you get 0 MS for these and still pay the 40k cb. These are compensated by the ones that do generate some good damage and MS.

#24 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:58 AM

Since matchscore is used to determine psr changes it is crucial that anything positively impacting winning chances should be reflected in the matchscore. So since using consumables impacts winning chances positively, it should increase matchscore.

The point of matchscore and psr is NOT to measure some abstract concept of "skill", it is to measure and predict your impact on the chances of winning. So it really does not matter if whatever action is easy or hard to perform, it only matters how big the impact is.

#25 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 01 August 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

No,I don't think I will. I'll keep using uav over strikes as the uavs are far more beneficial to the team than strikes. Also since you are good at stat hunting look up the post any where where I care about them. I'd like to know what post and year it was I once cared about my own stats. Perhaps I'll look up you on the all mighty lord Jarls be praised list; not stat shaming but just to see what you are stat wise. Maybe your numbers are better but who really cares? You might love my solaris stats too. Perhaps I should play a match but I like my perfect record of 0-0-0. Wouldn't want to lose that kdr wl or whatever.

You used stats to back up a claim about gameplay though, nobody brought them up except you, so if you make a claim expect someone to verify it. Like he said, he wasn't making fun of you, it's just that in this case "the stats" were part of the argument already. Everyone is entitled to an opinion about gameplay though, and I happen to also prefer UAVs. For me, I find that most of the time when I really need an arty someone else has put them on a cooldown. I usually take two UAVs and one Arty, or two cool shots and one UAV.

#26 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 02 August 2020 - 01:02 PM

Hell no. If I'm lucky enough to go up against a team that clusters up, then backs into itself, I SHOULD be rewarded for bothering to bring a strike. Not my fault if the new guys that got forced into a tier that's populated by veterans can't put one on his trial mech. Complain to Paul about the tier system, don't go trying to nerf everyone else.

#27 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:53 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 02 August 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

I happen to also prefer UAVs. For me, I find that most of the time when I really need an arty someone else has put them on a cooldown. I usually take two UAVs and one Arty, or two cool shots and one UAV.

I almost always run with a single UAV and single Arty... Gives me plenty of options, even when driving a Fafnir. I also have always had fun placing strikes on top of enemy UAVs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users