Team Drops With Flamers And Srm

29 replies to this topic

#1 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:48 AM

The game is dying, do we really need baffoons cheesing and griefing what is left of the playerbase with group drops hugging mechs with flamers and srms?
DO WE? I get it if it's one mech, but this is a group effort in griefing for the sake of what? fun? what is this ? a kindergarten?

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:37 AM

All that's left is medium mechs running around the center of canyon network anyway...

I can't see how any group can cheese more than what happens every game..

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:31 AM

Srm and flamers sounds fun. Can't be any worse than the builds I've run on my atlas like the ddc with lrm 45 er lls or smls lmg srm 4s. Going through the list of assaults with their mobility atlas have the worst which is why I hardly see any or use mine rarely.

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

You mean like this?

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 August 2020 - 01:32 PM

View PostDashen, on 23 August 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

The game is dying, do we really need baffoons cheesing and griefing what is left of the playerbase with group drops hugging mechs with flamers and srms?
DO WE? I get it if it's one mech, but this is a group effort in griefing for the sake of what? fun? what is this ? a kindergarten?

Look, man, it's Quick Play. If you want to win, join a group, just like in Faction Play. Not what I wanted, not what you wanted, just what Paul wanted. Accept the things you cannot change.

#6 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 01:40 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 23 August 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

Look, man, it's Quick Play. If you want to win, join a group, just like in Faction Play. Not what I wanted, not what you wanted, just what Paul wanted. Accept the things you cannot change.

I'm appealing to the playerbase sense of belonging to a game :( wasted efforts i know, and i knew it since i played an fp match against -BO- where they blatantly destroyed the whole base with a linebacker rush in frozen city(the big one and it was incursion). They didn't even fight, match was over and they were laughing and saying "blame pgi for that".

So there you have it, i know it cannot be changed, i just want to call out what little decency is left.

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 August 2020 - 01:51 PM

View PostDashen, on 23 August 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'm appealing to the playerbase sense of belonging to a game Posted Image wasted efforts i know, and i knew it since i played an fp match against -BO- where they blatantly destroyed the whole base with a linebacker rush in frozen city(the big one and it was incursion). They didn't even fight, match was over and they were laughing and saying "blame pgi for that".

So there you have it, i know it cannot be changed, i just want to call out what little decency is left.

I'd rather they just go ahead and allow full 12 man groups in QP. That will, inevitably, force those that want to avoid it back to FP until they come back and ruin it again. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary.

#8 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 06:35 PM

Pretty sure I know the group you're referring to.

From my perspective- any 4 really good players in half decent builds are probably going to carry most of their games anyhow. No need to get salty about a particular build.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

So there is a small group of people that plays not meta? How dare they do that.
I find that good. Nice to see people doing something else then the usual and if it works it might be the rise of a new meta.

#10 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostDashen, on 23 August 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

Wish I would have seen it.. sounds chuckle worthy. I do not think you know what griefing is.

#11 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 06:48 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 August 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

I am not so sure that they were not griefing. I have seen this many times, a group of people pick a loadout that they find specifially nasty and annoying just to prove (to whom I dont know, as the community can do anything about it anyway and PGI is not in these matches) that the game sucks, or is broken or dead or whatever. I mean many times they even announce it in chat, on twitch or have a recoding on YT that pretty much states they are griefing.
And when called out trying to label this behavior as tactics or non-meta play is as bad as an excuse as telling the teacher the dog ate the homework. Everyone knows it BS.

I'm sure this topic has come up a lot over the years. All I can say is learn to handle it through using team comms and better load outs.

#12 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:28 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 August 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

I am not so sure that they were not griefing. I have seen this many times, a group of people pick a loadout that they find specifially nasty and annoying just to prove (to whom I dont know, as the community can do anything about it anyway and PGI is not in these matches) that the game sucks, or is broken or dead or whatever. I mean many times they even announce it in chat, on twitch or have a recoding on YT that pretty much states they are griefing.
And when called out trying to label this behavior as tactics or non-meta play is as bad as an excuse as telling the teacher the dog ate the homework. Everyone knows it BS.

Abusing a game mechanic is not griefing or against ToC as far as I am aware unless they are making use of an exploit (for example the RACro which PGI had to fix). Going out and saying "ok we're going to run pure X to show people how strong this strat/weapon/mech is" is not griefing.

#13 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:35 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 August 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

I dont really care if it is a against ToC or not. To me no matter how you call it, expressing your disatisfaction with the game like that is a form of griefing and being ******* and hurting the community. Who are they gonna show how strong the strat/weapon/mech is and for what purpose? The community who gets to experience this first hand can't do anything about it and PGI will not make any balance changes all of a sudden. So all it does is creating a ****** experience for the few people still playing the game.

Showing how poorly balanced weapons were has caused balance changes on occasion. At this point it is far less likely that PGI will make a balance change, but it doesn't make it any less silly to try to insist that people not run what they want to run.

#14 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:01 AM

Just because you don't like what they do dosn't make it griefing.
PS: Are they from [ICHi] ? Noticed that those guys seam to play fun builds in group from time to time. Saw them once with a group of Urbies. Was a lot of fun to watch.

#15 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

Right like others I'm not sure what you are complaining about.
If they took 4 of the exact same mechs with optimal in the current meta quick play load outs something guaranteed to get them each 1-3 kills each would that be better? Or even 4 other generally considered non optimal builds (all LRM carriers) would that be better?

It's not folks are saying flamers in combination with anything else are particularly overpowered or negative play experience.

#16 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:37 AM

4 black lanner drop?

Meh, they aren't particularly skilled players. It's frustrating to be the only person shooting them while the rest of your team just spins around doing absolutely nothing

It doesn't take much to defeat.

1) pay the tiniest bit of attention to the game

2) don't bring trash builds.

4 mechs that are hot, have low damage output and terrible hitboxes should get bounced in no time...

But hey this is MechWarrior Online so lol

Edited by thievingmagpi, 24 August 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#17 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:15 AM

There is a group of alts that apparently I can't name and shame, but the idiots take light mechs, run around uselessly with LRM5 and the last guy usually hides in the corner of the map. Which is why you NEVER pick skirmish.

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:05 AM

View PostBeorning, on 26 August 2020 - 02:15 AM, said:

There is a group of alts that apparently I can't name and shame, but the idiots take light mechs, run around uselessly with LRM5 and the last guy usually hides in the corner of the map. Which is why you NEVER pick skirmish.
The skirmish timer should be running down faster (and speeding up over time) if after 5 min into the match there's nobody actively engaging (what's left of) the other team. Would cut down on that crap fast.

#19 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

View PostBeorning, on 26 August 2020 - 02:15 AM, said:

When I run lrms on my lights I'll usually rambo into the enemy team to let the xl/ammo explosion combo happen as the last one alive. I haven't seen any group drop with a light with a single lrm 5. My xp with it is you need a lrm 10,15, or 20 to get even a few lrms to hit since a light's launcher is usually either 5 or 10 tubes.

A single ams will easily eat a lrm 5 and even more so if it's been stacked with mech quirks and the ams damage nodes. I don't even bother with the lrm5 any more unless i'm using a lot of launchers or a mech with an odd m slot like the shawk's head or ct launcher.

A lot of lights have range or cool down missile quirks like the jenner d's 15% cd. With all the nerfs that mech has been beaten with a lrm 10/sml pest is the best option for it.

#20 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

I fail to see how that's griefing. SRMs and flamers require you to fight close-in, so it's not like they're using some unbeatable cheese. Any group of matched high-dps builds (especially if they're fast) can swarm enemies. FW often saw waves of Crabs or Linebackers or Assassins or whatever, because it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users