12 replies to this topic

#1 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:23 AM

So we are at the point, not only aren't we getting any new content, but we have to play the same 2-3 maps over and over. Make the map drops/ game mode random so people have to build for random maps/ modes. I don't "like" all the maps either, but playing the same map....7 times in a row, and then some other 5 in a row, then back to the first one for another 8....F that.

The game is stale enough at this point, don't let it continue to get even worse. Maybe some people are only comfortable on 1 map, but most of the the folks I play with are tired of the same maps over and over and over and over and over and over and over...... lets get a little mix in here.

Just my opinion, a lot of peeps are obviously happy on 1-3 maps, me I am getting to where I don't want to play those maps every round and just give up.

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:21 AM

Or increase the choice to 6 instead of 3.

I still think they should allow full 12 man premades into QP and put Invasion maps in without turrets or gates.

#3 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

Map votes makes bad maps played less, so that is a cup half full.

If your favorite map happens to be one of the unpopular ones, play the mini-game of voting for the losing map to increase your multiplier, then you can drop your x10 when your map is up for voting.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:09 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 25 August 2020 - 08:21 AM, said:

Or increase the choice to 6 instead of 3.

Last time that I checked, it's 4 Maps that are up for voting at any given time. That said, I would agree with increasing the number of choices for Maps to choose. Same for Game Modes, since there are only a measly 2 Mode Choices up at a given time, and that should have been made at least 3 Modes at option since some time back. B)

~Mr. D. V. "would agree with increasing Voting Options to choose, instead of wiping them away" Devnull

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 25 August 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 August 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

Last time that I checked, it's 4 Maps that are up for voting at any given time. That said, I would agree with increasing the number of choices for Maps to choose. Same for Game Modes, since there are only a measly 2 Mode Choices up at a given time, and that should have been made at least 3 Modes at option since some time back. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "would agree with increasing Voting Options to choose, instead of wiping them away" Devnull

My numbers were wrong, but the concept is still there. Instead of 4 maps, give us 8 to choose from. And increase the modes from 2 to 4. That way, the vote multipliers won't add up quite so much.

I don't know about you, but I vote for the unliked maps on purpose to build up the modifier. Then, I dump it on a map that my mech will do well in. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

#6 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:08 AM

We play on good maps, that's it. It's not our problem, that PGI have wasted large amount of resources on making bad maps, where core game mechanics (like having enough cover at range, that allows using something different, than Gausses, ER-PPCs, ER-LLs or LRMs) aren't even taken into account. It's not our problem, that they've put themselves into corner with this terrible approach, because now they don't have enough resources to fix all that broken maps, so we have to live with half of maps not being used at all. May be that idea with providing different environments is good for solo game, but not for Online one. And what's wrong with playing the same map, if it's perfect? Dust II is perfect, players like it, so it would be just stupid to restrict their desire to play it just for sake of so called diversity.

Edited by MrMadguy, 25 August 2020 - 11:10 AM.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:20 AM

There aren't really any maps I dislike anymore, I used to but then I upgraded my engine and perhaps became more mindful of cover. Even Alpine has decent amounts of cover if you know where to look, especially in domination mode. Since we're talking development time and therefore, flying pigs, why not do away with voting and also allow players to coordinate and choose their 'Mechs in a prematch lobby? We could even force a 3/3/3/3 rule by allowing pilots to pick their 'Mechs one after another. With a strict time limit of course.

#8 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:39 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 August 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

There aren't really any maps I dislike anymore, I used to but then I upgraded my engine and perhaps became more mindful of cover. Even Alpine has decent amounts of cover if you know where to look, especially in domination mode. Since we're talking development time and therefore, flying pigs, why not do away with voting and also allow players to coordinate and choose their 'Mechs in a prematch lobby? We could even force a 3/3/3/3 rule by allowing pilots to pick their 'Mechs one after another. With a strict time limit of course.

What development time?- just turn it back to the way it was= you were placed on a map- makes the matches start faster too.

Adding more choices won't make a bit of difference either- people will still pick the same maps...

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:51 PM

This thread has been moved to Feature Suggestions

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:24 AM

Keep voting as it is.
Because is better
And not ...nvm

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 26 August 2020 - 04:26 AM.

#11 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:16 AM

I say get rid of it too.

#12 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

That Ship has long sailed:

#13 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 10:50 PM

I'm pretty sure I'ver suggested the same thing, get rid of the voting, period, not just maps but mode too. I could go so far as to say it's causing the nascar.. you know, when time's almost up for choosing, you get the same sound as the start of the race in racing games lol. Ok, maybe not the nascar part, but it would definitely force people to look at how they load out their mech. I also think they need more HOT maps like Terra Therma. Why? There are a lot of cold maps and normal maps, but only 3 or 4 hot maps.

Still, I agree, remove the predrop voting. Both map and mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users