#121 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

"Earn 24 Lance in Formation Rewards"

Is it some kind of joke?

If I deploy as a member of the following lance, how am I supposed to get those rewards?
1. Atlas - short-range brawler
2. Thanatos - stealth sniper
3. Vapor Eagle - medium range missile boat
4. Locust - backstabber

Five seconds after the mission start every player moves to a completely different part of the battlefield ...

#122 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

press B, claim company command, drag an drop players that are more likely to stay together, profit. It's easy, actually and makes everyones game better.

#123 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:19 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 September 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Is it some kind of joke?

If I deploy as a member of the following lance, how am I supposed to get those rewards?
4. Locust - backstabber

Five seconds after the mission start every player moves to a completely different part of the battlefield ...

Furthermore just see it as an incentive to shout-call yer lance / company into doing something coordinated. Hard to achieve in quickplay for sure, but constantly reading the minimap, communicating the opfor's movement and make at least the majority of yer team adapt, can be a satisfying experience.

#124 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:57 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

press B, claim company command, drag an drop players that are more likely to stay together, profit. It's easy, actually and makes everyones game better.

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 09 September 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Furthermore just see it as an incentive to shout-call yer lance / company into doing something coordinated. Hard to achieve in quickplay for sure, but constantly reading the minimap, communicating the opfor's movement and make at least the majority of yer team adapt, can be a satisfying experience.

Thanks for those suggestions, but I gave up on such futile attempts a long time ago. Oh, well ...

#125 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 457 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 09 September 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Uuurgh, The Lance Formation part of the challenge might as well be called Herding Cats.

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards: if you stay near ONE of your lancemates, and try really hard to keep the two of you alive, then when the OTHER two lancemates die, you two become the "entire" lance, and you are now "in formation". It's not as good as if the entire lance were fighting a coordinated battle, but it's about the best you can do as a solo in QP.

#126 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:19 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards: if you stay near ONE of your lancemates, and try really hard to keep the two of you alive, then when the OTHER two lancemates die, you two become the "entire" lance, and you are now "in formation". It's not as good as if the entire lance were fighting a coordinated battle, but it's about the best you can do as a solo in QP.

This is a good point, thanks.

#127 Lockheed_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:08 AM

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

Just play the damn game. You get this pretty much automatically. I played 3 matches yesterday, going on wild flanks, doing my own ****, I alreadygot 4 lance formation.

Edited by Lockheed_, 10 September 2020 - 07:09 AM.

#128 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:39 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards ...

Okay, I have played a few games in the bodyguard mode to get those rewards. Posted Image

Duct Tape Dangler
Posted Image

Duct Tape
Posted Image

But honestly, I do not like challenges that make rewards dependent on other players' gameplay.

#129 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:46 AM

That's how I've been playing lately, on many occasions, and it's been pretty rewarding ^^ Congrats yo.

Sooooooo ... aboit that LTD Hunchback ... PGI, pretty please :)

#130 Annihilator

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:44 AM

Matt Newman can you put up the Hunchback Grid Iron LTD?

#131 Lockheed_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:28 PM

Just staying with my surviving team mates: 11 Lance in Formation

Posted Image[

#132 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 876 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:13 PM

View PostAnnihilator, on 10 September 2020 - 10:44 AM, said:

Matt Newman can you put up the Hunchback Grid Iron LTD?

Wouldn't be Limited if we started selling it again would it?

The reason it is present in the event is some people would own that particular model and it wouldn't be fair to exclude it from rewards.

#133 PCHunter

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:10 AM

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

Actually I got this award in 2 drops and nearly had it done with the first. I think I was in my Maddog ATM mech and I just hung out with the team.

#134 PCHunter

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:21 AM

The drops and matchmaking have been abysmal during this event, in my experience. The team drop weights are so lopsided it isn't even funny. It's not about the imbalance of assaults say to other mechs on opposite teams, it's the entire team make-up. Lights and mediums teams versus heavy and assault teams. The continued crossing in of Tier 1 players with lower tier ones. I can tell in seconds whether a match is worth playing. If I am not sure about it, the 1st 3 minutes usually tells the tale. I have had my fill of 12-2 stomps. Before the event, it was much much better and far more interesting. Not having trial Heros is a huge mistake. This skews team formation further. I am finding that most players aren't trying the event out. It's rare to see one in your lance or even on the team. I own a few and played them, even bought another one for fun. Overall, the quality of matches is really really bad during the event and my fun factor has seriously dropped. You really need to fix the seal clubbing thing with the high tier players and then make sure teams have better more balance mechs and weaponry. I will float this idea again of the time when you will be faced with handicapping teams and players' attributes to help smooth the balancing. This is how every other MMOLRPG does it.

#135 Lockheed_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:57 AM

View PostPCHunter, on 11 September 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

This is how every other MMOLRPG does it.

They also have the population so the matchmaker can actually do it's job. MWO doesn't. Nobody is going to wait 10 mintues for a QP match, so the tier separation has to suffer or the game will die really fast.

#136 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:26 AM

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

Everybody stay near the atlas.
I know it's late but.. the challenge has a name, probably a hint.

#137 D V Devnull

• Bridesmaid
  • 3,155 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

I think the question on the minds of some people is along the lines of "Why is the HunchBack 'Grid Iron LTD' being stated as an On-Sale Hero Mech for purchase, when it's not really up for being bought?" because that's how it reads on the page to a whole bunch of people. :unsure:

~D. V. "trying to help un-confuse the 'HttR Phase 3 Hero Mech Sales' which show on the website" Devnull

#138 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:46 PM

The reason it is present in the event is some people would own that particular model and it wouldn't be fair to exclude it from rewards.

I get that and awww.

#139 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:02 AM

Guess what...the Hero's aren't coming to the rescue...you right and truly destroyed your game. Good work! The mechs aren't the problem. The incompetent leadership and vision at PGI is.

Guess what...the Hero's aren't coming to the rescue...you right and truly destroyed your game. Good work! The mechs aren't the problem. The incompetent leadership and vision at PGI is.

#140 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

That's the way to do it! Directly oppose the thing your customers want and refuse the sell the thing they want to buy. I'm amazed that the game is on a downturn with this kind of can do attitude. Well done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users