#121 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:26 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 September 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Is it some kind of joke?

If I deploy as a member of the following lance, how am I supposed to get those rewards?
1. Atlas - short-range brawler
2. Thanatos - stealth sniper
3. Vapor Eagle - medium range missile boat
4. Locust - backstabber

Five seconds after the mission start every player moves to a completely different part of the battlefield ...

Everybody stay near the atlas.
I know it's late but.. the challenge has a name, probably a hint.

#122 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Wouldn't be Limited if we started selling it again would it?

I think the question on the minds of some people is along the lines of "Why is the HunchBack 'Grid Iron LTD' being stated as an On-Sale Hero Mech for purchase, when it's not really up for being bought?" because that's how it reads on the page to a whole bunch of people. :unsure:

~D. V. "trying to help un-confuse the 'HttR Phase 3 Hero Mech Sales' which show on the website" Devnull

#123 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:46 PM

The reason it is present in the event is some people would own that particular model and it wouldn't be fair to exclude it from rewards.

I get that and awww.

#124 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:02 AM

Guess what...the Hero's aren't coming to the rescue...you right and truly destroyed your game. Good work! The mechs aren't the problem. The incompetent leadership and vision at PGI is.

Guess what...the Hero's aren't coming to the rescue...you right and truly destroyed your game. Good work! The mechs aren't the problem. The incompetent leadership and vision at PGI is.

#125 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

The reason it is present in the event is some people would own that particular model and it wouldn't be fair to exclude it from rewards.

That's the way to do it! Directly oppose the thing your customers want and refuse the sell the thing they want to buy. I'm amazed that the game is on a downturn with this kind of can do attitude. Well done.

#126 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:06 AM

View PostCaldek, on 13 September 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

Russ Bullock is not active on this forum.

If you want to let him know, inform him on his Twitter.

#127 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:25 AM

View PostCaldek, on 13 September 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

That's the way to do it! Directly oppose the thing your customers want and refuse the sell the thing they want to buy. I'm amazed that the game is on a downturn with this kind of can do attitude. Well done.

Hey, although Matt Newman is a PGI employee, he is usually on our side.

The "Limited Edition" Grid Iron was sold within specific timeframe (until 4. II. 2014). That was the point. The customers paid real money to get exclusive and "limited" stuff.

#128 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:22 AM

I've seen community backlash over re-releasing "limited" stuff. Pretty sure it's not a great idea.

Is there any difference between the LTD and non LTD anyhow?

#129 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:30 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 13 September 2020 - 03:22 AM, said:

Is there any difference between the LTD and non LTD anyhow?

Yes, the Limited Edition came with the exclusive Cheerleader cockpit item.

#130 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

Too bad there isn't an MC Sale going on....still need a few Heroes, and don't currently have enough MC. ;(

#131 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:53 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 September 2020 - 03:30 AM, said:

Yes, the Limited Edition came with the exclusive Cheerleader cockpit item.

Thank you!! I've been wondering about that ever since PGI changed the website Profile page. :)

#132 hardenum

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:38 AM

View PostCaldek, on 13 September 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

The mentality from 50 years ago, that you sell to the customer what he wants, is dead. These days companies don't want to sell stuff to people, only to themselves, B2B, its really weird if you ask me. I do not understand it either.

If there's a potential customer that wants to buy something you sell it to him and sell it below what your competitors sell it for or he will go buy it from them, it's how it used to be. Now neither you, nor the competitor sell it to the guy.

Edited by hardenum, 14 September 2020 - 03:40 AM.

#133 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:24 AM

View Posthardenum, on 14 September 2020 - 03:38 AM, said:

The mentality from 50 years ago, that you sell to the customer what he wants, is dead. These days companies don't want to sell stuff to people, only to themselves, B2B, its really weird if you ask me. I do not understand it either.

If there's a potential customer that wants to buy something you sell it to him and sell it below what your competitors sell it for or he will go buy it from them, it's how it used to be. Now neither you, nor the competitor sell it to the guy.

What about MWO players who spent extra cash to get "exclusive" and "time limited" item, only to find out that it sells on open market. Do you think that it would be okay?

You can blame PGI for many things, but you can hardly blame PGI for sticking to its word.

Plus, you can do two things:
a ) Buy regular "Grid Iron". Currently it is on sale.
b ) Win it in some challenge. That's how I have acquired my standard "Grid Iron" - I won it in MWO challenge some time ago. So I have got it for free. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by martian, 14 September 2020 - 08:25 AM.

#134 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:28 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 15 September 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

Hey Matt, got any more 2 day challenges up your sleeve?

Let's hope he makes the rest run for three days each. I just recently heard after the last one that someone else came way too close to not making it, and if they had been given a third day then there would have been no issue. :mellow:

As for type of Mini-Challenge, unless there's some auxiliary item on the Main Event Phases to do, I'm still looking forward to something involving a TAG (but probably not a NARC though) for gameplay. ;)

~D. V. "being given the repeated impression that the Mini-Challenges are NOT running long enough" Devnull

#135 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 September 2020 - 08:48 AM, said:

In case of the grid iron ltd. the question is however, considering the age and state of the game, how many people would actually care vs. how many would be happy to buy. I would not not mind if PGI would release the 2018 Loyalty mechs with pattern for cash or MC for example, although I own a couple.

This. Some people might care... but if a mech hasn't been available for years... I'd be ok with it being offered now.
Its not like its a collectors item/movie prop that loses value when rereleased.

Besides... lots of people don't have a clue what these mechs were originally from. They don't recognize it enough to even know that it was 'limited'/'special'.... ESPECIALLY since if they were truly limited, they are rarely seen on the battlefield.

#136 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:37 PM

View Postchevy42083, on 17 September 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

This. Some people might care... but if a mech hasn't been available for years... I'd be ok with it being offered now.
Its not like its a collectors item/movie prop that loses value when rereleased.

Besides... lots of people don't have a clue what these mechs were originally from. They don't recognize it enough to even know that it was 'limited'/'special'.... ESPECIALLY since if they were truly limited, they are rarely seen on the battlefield.

Previous official polls on the forums about offering the Phoenix 'Mechs again was a near thing but ultimately voted down, more than a few vocal posters pointing out PGI were the ones insisting they'd never offered again.

#137 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:26 PM

Hold up ... the only difference between the LTD and current Grid Iron is a cockpit item?!

Man, I don't "need" the LTD anymore lol.

For cereal.

#138 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:40 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 17 September 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

Hold up ... the only difference between the LTD and current Grid Iron is a cockpit item?!

Man, I don't "need" the LTD anymore lol.

For cereal.

Yes, that's right.

As I wrote a few posts above, if somebody needs the "Grid Iron" Hero Hunchback, the easiest way is simply to visit the in-game shop and buy one.

#139 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:19 AM

Okay, folks... This has triggered me to get into a wall-of-text type of post... Here comes some devastating truth! -_-

View PostCycKath, on 17 September 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Previous official polls on the forums about offering the Phoenix 'Mechs again was a near thing but ultimately voted down, more than a few vocal posters pointing out PGI were the ones insisting they'd never offered again.

Unfortunately, this is starting to introduce a rather permanent problem with the Current Community which exists, gameplay, and the Achievements System as it is currently designed. The item in-game under Achievements called "Phoenix Down" which grants '500 General XP' when earned has the startling REQUIREMENT of killing a 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variant' with a 'Non-Phoenix Mech Variant' in normal Quick Play battles. If we reach the point where nobody that still plays has a 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variant' to bring out on the battlefields, then this Achievement becomes PERMANENTLY IMPOSSIBLE to earn and the Reward then is also permanently locked away from ever being reached. In essence, those of the Ex-Community (as in, those who have left) would have made it impossible for any New Players (or just simply those of the Current Community who don't have it yet) to ever complete that Achievement in particular. Sadly, PGI would then have to take the unnecessary heat for something that is actually the Ex-Community's fault, or they would have to break their word to people who really don't care anymore and make it possible for people from the Current Community to get those 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variants' so that the game would not be devoid of those ever and the Achievement could still be earned. This is one situation where the Ex-Community should NEVER be allowed to "have their cake and eat it too" because of the damage which it would cause in the Current Community that exists. :angry:

Put simply, when those who bought the 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variants' MADE their purchase, even if such was never in writing, they took on an agreement to ALWAYS continue playing and NEVER leave the MWO game. If they are UNABLE to hold up their side of the agreement bargain, then they do NOT deserve to have ANY weight in the matter of whether (or not) those 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variants' are ever sold by PGI again! And YES, that INCLUDES keeping the MWO game from having a DeadLock of any kind, even through any Unreachable Achievement that should NEVER have ended up in that ugly & obtuse state! Those of the Ex-Community should NEVER be allowed to wrongfully hurt MWO and its' Current Community through restricting the 'Phoenix (P) Mech Sub-Variants' from being found in occasional regular gameplay!!! <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Ex-Community wants to welch on the deal? PGI should do 'Phoenix (P) Sub-Variant' Sales again!" Devnull

(p.s.: Something can very much as equally be said towards PGI of the "Death Star" Achievement due to how that has been rendered likely permanently unachievable through the game's Balance Changes and therefore probably should have been made possible to earn through the Faction Play modes.)

#140 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

Folks....... I just caught wind of Mini-Challenge #4 (https://mwomercs.com/events/370) and can say I'm totally NOT thrilled. While the allowed Time Span (Definite dual-thumbs-up for providing more time!!!) & Reward Stack are quite fine, there are still issues/problems that I can see based on Real Life scheduling limits. The request for KMDD should be 'Kill and/or KMDD' instead. The requested Component Destruction count should be smaller than it currently is, somewhere along the lines of only about 30 to 35 (Given the game's climate, perhaps 32 would work?) at most. Otherwise, the values as of when I'm viewing it (About 11 AM PDT with a setup of 5K Damage, 50 Components, 5 KMDD, 1 Solo) sets up this Mini-Challenge #4 as something that was NEVER meant to be achieved by any Casual-Class or lesser players. Sure a nice Title of "Massive Damage" is fine, but what's being asked for here is giving me the mental impression of feeling more like "OverKill Damage" instead. :(

~Mr. D. V. "taking notice of Mini-Challenge #4 before it becomes a self-perpetuating headache" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users