187 replies to this topic

#41 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 August 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

I don't know what Matt Newman will have to say about that... But, I had last heard that you can get in on those battles with your choice of Mechs & Drop Deck selected, and all without regard to your Current Faction which you have personally chosen. Therefore, there should be nothing preventing you from using your choice of Mechs on the battlefields. Obviously, if that's not correct, then please tell me about your experience in more detail. I was unfortunately out-of-the-loop for a year recently. Posted Image

~D. V. "Knowing my luck about Faction Warfare stuff versus Events running, the egg is on my face here." Devnull

Yes you clearly haven't played FP before... no need to comment about everything

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:19 PM

View PostNightbird, on 27 August 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yes you clearly haven't played FP before... no need to comment about everything

Actually, I used to play in Faction Warfare, up until a point some time back after they began 'Phase 3' (and was several further iterations down the road) where my body decided to cut me down while waiting for a drop. Worse, it then waited and only woke me up long after the drop had happened, which was enough to finally break me of launching for Faction-based stuff. Please don't make me have to pull out my "FP Veteran - Beta 2" Title to show some confirmation of that one. -_-

Since then, I've been simply trying to pick up on what small fragments that I can about the very latest iteration of Faction-based stuff. However, you have unfortunately confirmed my worst fears, which means that I will sadly NEVER get a grip on the Faction Warfare Systems that are in effect at this time. Go have fun out there on the Faction-based battlefields, and I think that I'll just stay clear of that stuff for the future. Whoever it was that wanted to force everyone into Faction Warfare had better hope that their idea also fails to succeed, or that alone could finish killing MWO off in entirety. There are people who don't like having deeper content forcibly shoehorned down their throats, particularly when they simply can't get a grip on it. I would unfortunately fall into that category, and have to leave with those people, even though I don't want to end up that way. :(

Just for the thought of it, we're dearly in need of reverting certain parts of the Conflict & Contracting Systems that are in place to an earlier edition. All these hardcore-style restrictions for Conflict Entry make things unwelcoming, and effectively ruin that alternate area of gameplay to the point that the number of people who want to touch it are diminishing. :unsure:

~D. V. "only a Faction Warfare Newbie for the latest versions" Devnull

#43 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 August 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

Then you know when playing for a Clan you can only bring Clan mechs, and when you play for a House you can only bring IS mechs.

#44 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 04:54 PM

View PostNightbird, on 27 August 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Then you know when playing for a Clan you can only bring Clan mechs, and when you play for a House you can only bring IS mechs.

We all glad you cleared that up. I was sure PGI would have done something different you know, to seperate themselves from 'Your Dad's Mechwarrior' - How revolutionary of them to not screw up a clan invasion by having clans use IS mechs. Brilliant.

#45 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostBeorning, on 27 August 2020 - 04:54 PM, said:

We all glad you cleared that up. I was sure PGI would have done something different you know, to seperate themselves from 'Your Dad's Mechwarrior' - How revolutionary of them to not screw up a clan invasion by having clans use IS mechs. Brilliant.

Was only correcting Devnull who incorrectly stated you can bring any tech base you wanted in FP.

#46 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:00 PM

The first 2 day challenge is up now. Please leave your feedback here!

#47 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:04 PM

View PostNightbird, on 28 August 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Was only correcting Devnull who incorrectly stated you can bring any tech base you wanted in FP.

So go start a wall of text argument on another thread, you aren't reading his replies, maybe he ain't reading yours, and I sure am not - I want to ***** about having to wait for the hero mechs I actually want!

#48 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:08 PM

View PostBeorning, on 28 August 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

So go start a wall of text argument on another thread, you aren't reading his replies, maybe he ain't reading yours, and I sure am not - I want to ***** about having to wait for the hero mechs I actually want!

Then reply to the right person, my replies are just one liners.

#49 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:43 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 August 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

I like it being generalized, as you don't need to have specific mechs/weapons, rewards are nice too
2 Kill / KMDD seems a bit easy, but then again it's only 2 days

#50 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:32 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 28 August 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hi Matt

As someone that requested short and engaging mini events, you have my thanks.

For feedback, the event could be achieved in a minimum of four matches (though likely more) and the rewards seem commensurate with the level of engagement.

Would it be possible, within the scope and structure of the event system, to have a commulative reward for completing the dailies over a given time period? For example, if you were to complete two two-day events per week in a four week period/month then an end of month reward could be provided (premium time or colours may be an option).

Thanks again,

Zeph.

#51 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:41 AM

Speaking of event ideas...did we had community events where everyone was providing matchpoints, kills, etc. to a global goal?
I am not sure. I think there was something like that in the past. Could be interesting to have something like that again.

#52 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:10 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 29 August 2020 - 03:41 AM, said:

Speaking of event ideas...did we had community events where everyone was providing matchpoints, kills, etc. to a global goal?
I am not sure. I think there was something like that in the past. Could be interesting to have something like that again.

Yes. There where one or two such events in the past. But you are right, there haven't been such events in a long time.
But its a little bit difficult to predict what the goal of these events should be. What I mean if the goal is make X amount of damage in 7 days (all players on all servers). Then PGI must look into their statistics, make a estimated guess, but sometimes in the past, these events where to hard to reach.

#53 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

the 2 day challenge was nice to see, since I already got all of my hero mech rewards as well as the generic ones, but...... maybe 3 kills or kmdd would have been better, I am mediocre at MWO and I needed only 5 matches to complete it, because I got AC20'd quickly in one of them in my Bushwacker...

#54 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:59 PM

View PostRidir Semii, on 29 August 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

the 2 day challenge was nice to see, since I already got all of my hero mech rewards as well as the generic ones, but...... maybe 3 kills or kmdd would have been better, I am mediocre at MWO and I needed only 5 matches to complete it, because I got AC20'd quickly in one of them in my Bushwacker...

If an Atlas did that on Friday night EST on the grim plexus map, then it was me :P

#55 hardenum

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:40 AM

which medium (C-bills) mech is the easiest to do this 2 day event?

#56 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:04 AM

View Posthardenum, on 30 August 2020 - 01:40 AM, said:

What medium do you get kills with most easily?

#57 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

It may depend on your playstyle and some luck, so to speak. I think a big part of efficiently getting through the challenges involves tbe map, the rest of the team and the tactics involved.

Regardless, for my part, I was surprised how well The Blackjack Arrow handled with my piloting. Using 6x LMG and 3x LPPC (with some well-placed arty strikes), it raked in damage and kills quickly. Did I kill steal ... um secure some, sure.

#58 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:03 AM

You can get kills with any medium if you time it right!

For c-bill chassis that are flexible you might want to consider the bushwhacker, huntsman or vapor eagle. As cyckath said, it depends on your personal preference. Crabs are reliable performers for laser vomit.

You can test and build any of the mechs in the 'store' before purchase so have a play and see what rubs your rhubarb.

Z.

#59 hardenum

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 05:01 AM

Thanks I went with hunchback 6xMPL and lots of single heatsinks.

Edited by hardenum, 30 August 2020 - 05:02 AM.

#60 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 30 August 2020 - 06:24 AM

Phoenix Hawk with 2ERPPC and ECM. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users