What Have I Missed During My Holidays? Instant Wrecked In All Games

21 replies to this topic

#1 Mylardis

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:20 AM

so... I left for a holiday three weeks ago. I was actually doing fine (for my standards) - averaging 500-600 dmg // 2+ kills per game, en route to Tier 1...

Now I'm back. I do want to believe that I haven't completely lost all my knowledge - but in the dozen games or so I played, I got basically instantly wrecked in every game, all of them very one-sided stomps. Didn't even reach 200 dmg in most of them.

What the heck have I missed??

#2 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:17 AM

I'm not sure of the exact timing but sounds like possibly you came back after PSR reset which I thought was more then three weeks ago but maybe not.

Everyone got reset to tier 3. If you are logging in for the first time since the reset your team is going to be a mix of people at very different skill levels which leads to more stomps until the good and the bad seperate into different tiers.

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:28 AM

PSR reset everyone to Level 3 on/about 1st-July-2020.

Have fun!

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:43 AM

it seems you are fighting, which is no way to play a mech war game no. instead you should try hiding in the back of the map with the rest of your team.

never thought people would forget basic strategies like forming up, shooting the enemy, or nascar. nascar was barely a strategy to begin with, more of a natural self-organization, yet instead they just scatter in all directions. go play fp if you want to have good games.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:14 PM

What you missed was Paul's decision to allow 4 man premade teams into QP. Now QP has become "end game content" the way FP was. If winning in QP is important to you, you need to join a premade group. If not, accept that you're basically there to be farmed by said premade group.

Or, you could go play FP. There are very few premade groups there now. The solos are enjoying it while the groups lay waste to QP.

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:03 PM

Well QP groups are limited to four players, so units still have to go FP for full groups.

But there might have been an increase in 4man groups in QP...

Also unlike the old one, the new PSR system is designed to improve over time, so Tier2 is only going to get harder over time.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 01 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

PSR reset means you need to adjust your strategy a little, because everyone was lumped back into tier 3. It is definitely trendy to make fun of everyone except oneself being rubbish at the game, but if you were t1 before you were probably at least used to seeing people proceed to and fight over the same general area of the map. That's not the case anymore, flanks fall apart and reform on a whim, slower 'Mechs are a liability (moreso than before), and you cannot rely on your team mates to even remain in the general vicinity of you. They will dart away like fish, scared by some speck of dust or ghost. While teams do exist in t3, they're often rubbish and not in the least bit cohesive. You will probably have luck picking a 'Mech with a bit of speed and capable of punishing poor positioning. ATM Vapor Eagles for example are particularly effective in t3.

#8 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 01 September 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

PSR reset means you need to adjust your strategy a little, because everyone was lumped back into tier 3. It is definitely trendy to make fun of everyone except oneself being rubbish at the game, but if you were t1 before you were probably at least used to seeing people proceed to and fight over the same general area of the map. That's not the case anymore, flanks fall apart and reform on a whim, slower 'Mechs are a liability (moreso than before), and you cannot rely on your team mates to even remain in the general vicinity of you. They will dart away like fish, scared by some speck of dust or ghost. While teams do exist in t3, they're often rubbish and not in the least bit cohesive. You will probably have luck picking a 'Mech with a bit of speed and capable of punishing poor positioning. ATM Vapor Eagles for example are particularly effective in t3.

I rode a Veagle with 2x cERPPC and 5x xHMG from T3 to T1. No ATMs involved.

#9 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 01 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

Many comp players have also begun shifting their builds away from mobility and towards overwhelming firepower. Don't need to outmaneuver a mech if it's dead logic.

As an advocate of the Annihilator I support this movement.

#10 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:47 AM

the nascar that i'm playing favors mobility

#11 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 01 September 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

What you missed was Paul's decision to allow 4 man premade teams into QP. Now QP has become "end game content" the way FP was. If winning in QP is important to you, you need to join a premade group. If not, accept that you're basically there to be farmed by said premade group.

Or, you could go play FP. There are very few premade groups there now. The solos are enjoying it while the groups lay waste to QP.

Gotta say, I haven't noticed this being true. I pretty much left the game over a year ago but still come back from time to time and do an event in the QP queue. This time back hasn't been much different to any other time I've been back so I'm guessing the effects of the reset are probably over by now. The only real change I've noticed we're not allowed to discuss so....

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:31 PM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 01 September 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Well QP groups are limited to four players, so units still have to go FP for full groups.

But there might have been an increase in 4man groups in QP...

Also unlike the old one, the new PSR system is designed to improve over time, so Tier2 is only going to get harder over time.

i dont think there are any large units left. likely part of the reason they are all in qp is they have a hard time mustering more than four players.

#13 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:48 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 September 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

i dont think there are any large units left. likely part of the reason they are all in qp is they have a hard time mustering more than four players.

Which is good for us solos. If they'll stay contained over in QP, maybe we can go back to FP and have fun.

#14 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:39 AM

I have the same issue except i didn't take a vacation, it has become extremely hard to even record some decent gameplay, for no reason people enjoy being farmed and do silly stuff. I'm almost to the point of considering putting the game down because it's simply not fun anymore. I suspsect many people are also considering this.

#15 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:42 AM

View PostDashen, on 03 September 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

I have the same issue except i didn't take a vacation, it has become extremely hard to even record some decent gameplay, for no reason people enjoy being farmed and do silly stuff. I'm almost to the point of considering putting the game down because it's simply not fun anymore. I suspsect many people are also considering this.

At this point that's probably what PGI wants, so they can stop even pretending to support MWO in favor of the equally lackluster MechWarrior 5. Apparently it's completely beyond their grasp that MWO could be a popular game with lots of users again with not that many changes.

#16 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:22 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 01 September 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

oh wow! Everytime i start showing interest in coming back they just did something dumb.

#17 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:19 PM

Beware, it's not half as bad as this overly whiny individual would have you believe. I'm playing Groups and Solo and I'm seeing all kinds of games from stomps to getting stomped, to 12-11 Nailbiters. See for yourself.
And Willard, get yourself a new platter, your old one has a crack. Posted Image

#18 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 September 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Beware, it's not half as bad as this overly whiny individual would have you believe.

That is your opinion Dude
Imo its not fun any more, MWO just is not worth the time for all its problems
Still will play MWO from time to time in between Star Citizen doh.

#19 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:26 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 September 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Beware, it's not half as bad as this overly whiny individual would have you believe. I'm playing Groups and Solo and I'm seeing all kinds of games from stomps to getting stomped, to 12-11 Nailbiters. See for yourself.
And Willard, get yourself a new platter, your old one has a crack. Posted Image

You misunderstand. You seem to think I'm complaining, I'm not. I'm perfectly OK with QP going to the whole "join a group or git gud" paradigm that FP was founded on. This game is on it's last legs and PGI has repeatedly done everything they can to kill it. I'm all for it. Perhaps once it tanks, a real developer will get hold of the title. Who knows?

#20 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 04 September 2020 - 06:26 AM, said:

You misunderstand. You seem to think I'm complaining, I'm not. I'm perfectly OK with QP going to the whole "join a group or git gud" paradigm that FP was founded on. This game is on it's last legs and PGI has repeatedly done everything they can to kill it. I'm all for it. Perhaps once it tanks, a real developer will get hold of the title. Who knows?

No. If mwo produce not enough for server upkeep they will just pull the plug. Game over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users