lmao

#62 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:51 PM

View PostIsolar, on 10 September 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

tl;dr flea, piranha, locusts, pilots are scrubs.

I find it strange Commando's were left out of that brief list; but, I suppose I'll take pride being called a "scrub" running around with a 5x SML, 2x Laser AMS Locust. Hilariously hot & fun.

#63 Chortles

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:12 PM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 10 September 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

I find it strange Commando's were left out of that brief list; but, I suppose I'll take pride being called a "scrub" running around with a 5x SML, 2x Laser AMS Locust. Hilariously hot & fun.

That's because Commando pilots are all top tier and everyone else only relies on OP light mechs.

#64 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:15 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 10 September 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Literally everyone agrees the jenner is way too ******* big. That proves nothing.

its 35 tons. its supposed to be a bit clunky for a light. the oxide and iic used to be the best srm dive bombers in the game until the arctic wolf stole its jerb.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 September 2020 - 06:16 PM.

#65 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:16 PM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 10 September 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

I find it strange ...........

The amount of nonsense about light mechs in this thread.

#66 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

View PostIsolar, on 10 September 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

That's why there is a tonnage system in place. duh.
I'm replying to that specifically because rather an an argument, or a misrepresentation, i feel what you wrote is a misunderstanding or a lack of understanding. Everything else is a misrepresentation, for sure, like most things in this thread, of the reality of the, what a game is, and how they work to be enjoyable. Balance.

The tonnage systems don't really do enough to make having light mechs weak work. QP you only get one mech and in FP you only get 4, and you don't get more mechs if you go under weight.

#67 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:05 PM

View PostChortles, on 10 September 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

That's because Commando pilots are all top tier and everyone else only relies on OP light mechs.

Commando has less hardpoints and dont boat a single weapon type that good as the flea.

Yes the Commando tanks, gets high speed void armour buffs its defense so it can take alot
especially if well built with skill point in armour/structure, its quite a tank for a 25Ton mech

Where as with MASC a skill flea/Locust PB/MASC Mech can avoid the damage completely
plus it gets the high speed void armour defensive buff
And you can put skill points in armour/structure to make it last even longer.

All the while boating a bunch of lasers. Doh only skilled pilots do well in them mostly imo

Most games I won or lost due to my team or the enemy team
Rarely wholley due to a flea or commando
Plus lights are the least played class so I say let them be.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 10 September 2020 - 08:06 PM.

#68 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:20 PM

I think maybe it has to do with the older nature of the player base of this game, but people genuinely, less often, jokingly i hear you guys say that holding W key is skill.

yep. moving AND shooting (sic!) is just too much for some pilots

#69 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:23 AM

View PostIsolar, on 10 September 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

It's not just the fleas but a handful of mechs that make queue not fun, ruin the experience. Putting aside hit-reg issues, everyone here (if they are honest) has experienced fleas, piranhas, locusts, commandos running through the center of your entire team, clumsily running into your legs, getting shot repeatedly, yet none of the damage sticks. These mechs are so fast and agile, so small, lacking firepower, yet, they are the only practical choices for a light harasser mech. Mechs you rarely see are jenners, people can make them work, to great effect, but we all consider a pirahna more dangerous. With the flea side by side to the jenner, the flea is about as tall and wide as a jenner's leg, probably taking up about the same amount of volume. The flea is about belt height to a commando, the commando is about belt height to a wolfhound. The scaling is messed up, some mechs apparently were made to be huge targets and the ones that get abused are missed by the devs and get all the love from the player base. I know the main defense of light pilots, is tonnage and weapons and 'pilot skill', but you should come clean with it and admit that you suck (plain truth), you COULD NOT perform the same in a jenner or an incubus, using the largest engine on either. Its not about speed or maneuvering or skill. The problem is scaling unequally across the board. I understand smaller tonnage = smaller, the jenner and flea comparison spells this out easiest, the flea should be 3/4 the size of a jenner not 1/4 scale. The piranha should be 3/4 the size of an incubus not 1/4.

On top of all this, these lights with tiny moving hitboxes work as a hard counter for any laser equipped mechs, especially clan, because of burn time, heat, and damage were nerfed across the board. The laser nerf has to be the worst pandering to noobs the dev team has ever done. Doesn't mean I don't understand why this was done, but the consequences just breaks it, the logic of the game and lore of the battletech universe.

tl;dr flea, piranha, locusts, pilots are scrubs. These 20 ton recon mechs break the immersive feel of the game, especially, when they are unafraid to stroll through your entire team, get shot by EVERYONE, then, not only does it live, it is routinely the last mech standing, dragging the game out for five minutes longer than it needed to be.

The video I posted above shows the exact UP scaling of most 35t lights. As for all those scrubs let me see your ace of spades in a locust and i'll show you mine or you can just google that thread. And I did that years ago. Jenners were the defacto meta light until their arm armor got nerfed to just 2 points more armor than a locust and they got BALLOONed up in the rescale as did a lot of other lights.

With all the nerfs including weak quirks compared to other lights I only use my jenners very rarely as they simply can not out perform other lights in any aspect. I'll gladly use any of my other 20 lights over the jenners even over the clan versions which I have as well.

#70 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 10 September 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:

void armour defensive buff

It's not void armour, it's phantom mech.

The Void Signature system renders you invisible but you can still be hit, albeit with difficulty.
With Phantom Mech the target can be seen but all your shots miraculously miss even at point blank range.

#71 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:34 PM

This thread is a special place.

#72 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostIsolar, on 10 September 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

That's why there is a tonnage system in place. duh.
I'm replying to that specifically because rather an an argument, or a misrepresentation, i feel what you wrote is a misunderstanding or a lack of understanding. Everything else is a misrepresentation, for sure, like most things in this thread, of the reality of the, what a game is, and how they work to be enjoyable. Balance.

Repeatedly I read, something something BUT BRUH DO YOU HAVE A SCREENSHOT OF DOING 1000 DAMAGE?
...no, but I have done it, many, many times, and it's not that hard. If you are reading this, all it takes is run the best dps to ton weapons in the game, spl, mediums or medium pulses. Stay alive, longer than 5 minutes. All the aforementioned mechs need to do is move, mechs like the flea take shots, eat entire burns, while moving and spread the damage not because of skill, but because of the size of their hitboxes.

Something anecdotal, introducing new friends to the game, they do 1000 damage but break nothing, no kills, because they spam medium lasers. I actually recommend new players play the locust or the flea, and they do well, survive and would pass for any tier of player in this game, given the circumstances of the game, the teammates. Save maybe at the professional level. They do well because if coming from other shooters, you know, not getting shot, not getting seen, is the best defense. I think maybe it has to do with the older nature of the player base of this game, but people genuinely, less often, jokingly i hear you guys say that holding W key is skill. Not an exact quote. If your side torso is the size of another mechs cockpit, maybe it is too small.

this whole quote is effing hilarious.....

A: its ok for lights to be weak! there's a tonnage system!

Ok 1, no it's not OK. *EVERY* player has to be viable. not just half the team.*every* player has to have fun, we aren't all here just to be moving targets for your assault mech pleasure,as much as you seem to want it. 'weaker lights cause tonnage' doesn't achieve that.
2. Tonnage is damn near ignored by the current matchmaker. How many games havee you seen where one team gets no assaults and the other gets 5? it's not even uncommon. So not only would a tonnage system be inadequate to justify your desire for easy lights, we DONT EVEN HAVE ONE.

B: All lights have to do is move: no, not at all. They gotta plan their engagements based on how well the opposing mech's weapons are liable to hit them, they have to plan where theyre going from cover to cover, they have to manage heat like crazy, and they have to be janky to boot. if you move in a straight line you're dead. it ain't that hard to hit if you lead just a little. seriously. im a(imo) pretty successful light pilot. I still can't drive any of the 20 tonners cause they're just to easy to kill. I stick to the 35 tonners mostly, with mist lynx being my absolute lightest.
If you think what those good flea pilots pull off is easy, you are obviously not playing them.

C: this isn't in your above quote, but you said "On top of all this, these lights with tiny moving hitboxes work as a hard counter for any laser equipped mechs, especially clan, because of burn time, heat, and damage were nerfed across the board."

THAT COMMENT... is absolutely hilarious. lasers are, always have been, and always WILL be absolutely amazing for swatting most lights.
It's so easy to drop lights with lasers it's comical. all you gotta do it aim at their leg/hip instead of trying to CT them and they just can't take it. Lasers are hitscan. you don't have to lead at ALL. just keep your mouse on target for the full burn. if you can't do that, you need to work on your aim.
Lemme put it this way. you aim high, you spread laser dmg between 5 components cause they're so small. you aim for legs, you almost always drop all your damage into one leg, unless they are turning or janking, in which case you're gonna drop maybe 80% of your burn split between both legs with 20% going between or hitting some terrain..
Seriously. get a mech with arm weapons. put a couple lasers on it. They don't even need to be pulses. regular IS mediums or clan er/heavy smalls work just fine. pulse is better of course. you'll change your tune pretty quick.
Right now it seems likely to me you're boating big torso weapons on big sluggish mechs and getting mad that your hard-counter is tearing you a new one.
If you like we can go to PM and i can give you a couple tips/help with dealing with them. Cause right now anytime i see an enemy flea or locust i get pretty happy pretty quick. As a panther player,it is SO much easier to deal with those then it is a hgauss fafnir or something comparable.

I stand by my statement that those flea pilots that are giving you so much trouble are just legitimately that much better then you are. it's not the chassis. some of these 20 ton users are absolutely amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users