• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:26 AM

So to get this device to work requires:
Strategic Engine 1.3
vJoy
Strategic Commander from extemporisation.de

The problem is, lately the last one has been getting shut down by windows 10 or MWO in game. Which means I have to alt + enter, alt tab to something else (better have that up) then start the program again, then get back to the game.

Thoughts? Ideas?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:21 PM

Question, have you used the device for long without any issues, or did you just using it and running into this issue?

And do you play in Full Screen mode or Window/Full Window Mode? Full Screen would mean that if there are any popup windows, generally you would not see them, whereas in a window mode you should see popups.

Generate a dxdiag and look for Window Error, or check event viewer reporting anything dealing with the exe file crashing. Depending on the crash, it may not generate a popup but may be recorded.

Check history of antivirus program being used.

Next step would be to review potential key combinations (hotkey) closing it down.

#3 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:20 AM

- this only started after the last Win 10 update, as far as I can tell

- I play windowed, alt+entered to full screen

will do...

- hot keys.. hmm also maybe win update did something with that sticky key nonsense.

#4 Eleck

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

Beorning,

I was working on getting this working today for MWO and I'm having the StrategicCommander.exe fail immediately after launching. Digging into Event Viewer shows that it's being terminated due to an unhandled exception. It was working for me a few years ago on Windows 10 without any issues.

Is yours working for you at all right now? I'm wondering if a Windows update finally killed it.

It's kind of ironic that I was working on this for MWO, and when it didn't work I started googling and it led me here to the MWO forums. I guess the MSC is a pretty perfect fit for 'mech piloting, huh?!

Edited by Eleck, 27 October 2020 - 05:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users