Igors Lab About The Rtx 3K Crashes

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:24 AM

The possible reason for crashes and instabilities of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090

Not only the editors and testers were surprised by sudden instabilities of the new GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, but also the first customers who were able to get board partner cards from the first wave. An interesting pattern of behavior emerged that did not affect all cards or manufacturers and the problems only occurred at certain boost clock rates above or just around 2 GHz. To make matters worse, NVIDIA has obviously also slightly undermined the quality management of the board partners (AIC) due to the secrecy – unconsciously, of course, but with plausible consequences. A chain of adverse circumstances? This could well be the case, because this explains the somewhat diffuse error pattern from the most diverse forums.

https://www.igorslab...80-andrtx-3090/

Video in German:

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 September 2020 - 04:25 AM.

#2 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 06:14 AM

Follow Up Article:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 and the crashes – Why capacitors are so important and what’s behind them

After my article about the capacitors on the GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 has made a lot of waves, I have to criticize myself in two respects. I had underestimated that the readers might be interested in a somewhat longer and more technical explanation of the circumstances or background and that secondly, the (thoughtless) adoption of the terms commonly used by the manufacturers might also cause nitpickers to question the rest of the explanations in general.

In addition, I had put in front why some cards can crash despite MLCC or why some cards can’t crash despite being exclusively equipped with the supposedly worse solid caps. Unfortunately, many have overlooked this. I will return to this at the very end, but if you want to know what I mean in general, you are welcome to read this again and concentrate on the first few paragraphs:

https://www.igorslab...-object-behind/

Video in German.

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 September 2020 - 06:15 AM.

#3 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 27 September 2020 - 06:55 PM

RTX - The way it's meant to be played.

D.L.S.S. 2.0 - it's in the game.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:47 AM

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Follow Up Article:
Miracle Drivers? How NVIDIA solved the crashes of the GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 while keeping also the power supplies alive | Analysis

https://www.igorslab...plies-analysis/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users