#21 MyriadDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

View PostOmaha, on 26 September 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

It's the nature of competitiveness.

More like its the nature of FlatVoltron.

#22 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:18 PM

Mmm
So what did Voltron do?
He reported a ref with a potential conflict of interests

What happens in sports competitions in such cases, especially for the Grand Final Comp?
The conflict is removed normally.

#23 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:50 PM

By Allan Watts:

Once upon a time, there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years.

One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically, “you must be so sad.”

“We’ll see,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses.

“How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed! “Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!”

“We’ll see,” answered the farmer.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. “Now your son cannot help you with your farming,” they said. “What terrible luck you have!”

“We’ll see,” replied the old farmer.

The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. “Such great news. You must be so happy!”

The man smiled to himself and said once again.

“We’ll see,”

Edited by Bistrorider, 26 September 2020 - 11:51 PM.

#24 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:39 AM

Hey OP, 5G masts can be used to spread toxicity within MWO.

You know what must be done.

#25 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 04:42 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 26 September 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Its vile that a competitive event has such feed back before it has even started.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 26 September 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Mmm
So what did Voltron do?
He reported a ref with a potential conflict of interests

What happens in sports competitions in such cases, especially for the Grand Final Comp?
The conflict is removed normally.

All the referees and administrators of this competition are the same as last years worlds and multiple years of comp in this game. We (MWO Comp) have proper processes of dealing with all types of complaints and conflicts of interest, regardless of what or who they are about.

Voltron has not made an official complaint per the Rulebook of the competition: http://bit.ly/20mwcs. Nor has he even stated exactly who the complaint is about, nor has he provided any evidence to backup his claims.

Complaints of such a nature are also private and not a public discussion for obvious reasons.

I don't believe any organisation would simply remove a long standing referee / administrator because of an unsubstantiated, unnamed complaint written on the internet. Organisations that run competitions have a 'due process' just the same as MWO Comp does.

Edited by Krasnopesky, 27 September 2020 - 03:33 PM.

#26 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:39 AM

Fun Fact, we have used MJ12 a bit in our promo video watch it here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/753638886

#27 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:10 AM

lel. literal pepega here. anyways, looking forward to a fun tournament, with or without MJ12

#28 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:09 AM

Assuming I know who the OP is talking about, I know that he's had arguments with the referee in question with regards to non-Mechwarrior related issues.

The OP believes planet earth is flat and is willing to debate and argue with people. The OP and another individual (who happen to be part the same MWO unit, which is just irrelevant) are strong supporters of the idea that covid-19 is a hoax created by deep-state and actively have spread and are spreading their opinion around MWO discord servers to initiate discussions and/or arguments.

Regardless of whether their opinions have merit or not, the conflicts of interest the OP is talking about is completely unrelated to MWO and the referee in question is one of the more respected individuals within MWO community.

he already started dissing mj12 on the official mwo comp discord.. very unprofessional

That is not an accurate statement. I think the part you are referring to is this:

MJ12 member:

is it too late to enroll in championship tournament?

The referee in question:

Not at all. Can't wait to cast some MJ12 games if they actually make it to finals. Previously they have been a strong team. That might be a bit if an ask now however given you guys did lose all your top players to OOPS.

if you have had any MWO-related complaints regarding referees, you can file a ticket to mwocomp admins with supporting evidence.

#29 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 September 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

Assuming I know who the OP is talking about, I know that he's had arguments with the referee in question with regards to non-Mechwarrior related issues.

The OP believes planet earth is flat and is willing to debate and argue with people. The OP and another individual (who happen to be part the same MWO unit, which is just irrelevant) are strong supporters of the idea that covid-19 is a hoax created by deep-state and actively have spread and are spreading their opinion around MWO discord servers to initiate discussions and/or arguments.

Regardless of whether their opinions have merit or not, the conflicts of interest the OP is talking about is completely unrelated to MWO and the referee in question is one of the more respected individuals within MWO community.

That is not an accurate statement. I think the part you are referring to is this:

MJ12 member:

The referee in question:

if you have had any MWO-related complaints regarding referees, you can file a ticket to mwocomp admins with supporting evidence.

Thanks for your input.. as pointless as it was.. that quote you supplied has been edited from the original one.. anyone that knows him will recognize right away that it doesn't sound anything like him..

#30 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image

#31 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:27 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

Thanks for your input.. as pointless as it was.. that quote you supplied has been edited from the original one.. anyone that knows him will recognize right away that it doesn't sound anything like him..

The quote I provided is a direct copy from mwocomp Discord server and is not edited in any way (fyi... Discord tags a post as (edited) if the poster edits the post at any point... just like mwo forums).

btw,... the quote is in #championship-series-2020 channel, Timestamp: September 26th, 4:44pm PST

Edited by Navid A1, 27 September 2020 - 11:32 AM.

#32 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:27 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

You really don't wanna go there, do you?

#33 Leve198777 Thy Potato Pope

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

that's absurd daedlos513, when it comes to comp ash doesn't pick sides. he has always with open arms embraced every pilot and unit who decides to take the plunge into comp. example ash and some of arsn butted heads, arsn stepped up and made a comp team and ash even gave em props in casts and in discords for it.
when it comes to comp, everyone is accepted.
It's one of the most friendly competitive communities i have ever seen in my 20 years of gaming.

so take your accusations elsewhere because i promise you, you are wrong.

That was legit him trying to be friendly and legit wish you luck, it wasn't a snub or meant to be offensive. I dont know why you are taking it as such.

Edited by Leve198777 Thy Potato Pope, 27 September 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#34 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 September 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

The quote I provided is a direct copy from mwocomp Discord server and is not edited in any way (fyi... Discord tags a post as (edited) if the poster edits the post at any point... just like mwo forums).

btw,... the quote is in #championship-series-2020 channel, Timestamp: September 26th, 4:44pm PST

More pointless drivel.. the edited tag can be removed with the appropriate permissions.. he is the admin you know..

View PostLeve198777 Thy Potato Pope, on 27 September 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

that's absurd daedlos513, when it comes to comp ash doesn't pick sides. he has always with open arms embraced every pilot and unit who decides to take the plunge into comp. example ash and some of arsn butted heads, arsn stepped up and made a comp team and ash even gave em props in casts and in discords for it.
when it comes to comp, everyone is accepted.
It's one of the most friendly competitive communities i have ever seen in my 20 years of gaming.

so take your accusations elsewhere because i promise you, you are wrong.

That was legit him trying to be friendly and legit wish you luck, it wasn't a snub or meant to be offensive. I dont know why you are taking it as such.

Like I said, it was edited.. anyway I'm not accusing him of anything.. some of us are just shocked at the 'optics' that his position brings to the comp scene..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 September 2020 - 11:54 AM.

#35 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:59 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

More pointless drivel.. the edited tag can be removed with the appropriate permissions.. he is the admin you know..

Like I said, it was edited.. anyway I'm not accusing him of anything.. some of us are just shocked at the 'optics' that his position brings to the comp scene..

Since when can someone remove the 'edited' tag from a post in Discord chat? Since I can't find the information on how to do this in the Discord documentation, can you provide detailed steps on how to do so?

I run a discord server and admin/mod several others. I have never seen this as an option in Discord .. and quite frankly that would be terrible to be able to do. There have been feature requests to get this ability .. but it's not present in the application. You also can't replace a message earlier in time (so you can't delete an older message then make a brand new one in its place, with the original timestamp).

You said something inaccurate .. don't double-down and say even more things to try and get yourself out of it. Accept the fact that he said something that wasn't as bad as you thought, acknowledge your mistake, and move on.

Edited by nuttyrat, 27 September 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#36 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

*Optics*? You mean like a number of players volunteering their time and effort to organize and run a comp series? Like a number of players volunteering their time and effort to help train and guide new players and teams?

The only *optics* I see here are a couple of players who seem to think everyone is colluding against them (despite evidence otherwise) and relying on a series of increasingly complicated and ridiculous conspiracies to support that delusion.

#37 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

#38 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

View Postnuttyrat, on 27 September 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Since when can someone remove the 'edited' tag from a post in Discord chat? Since I can't find the information on how to do this in the Discord documentation, can you provide detailed steps on how to do so?

I run a discord server and admin/mod several others. I have never seen this as an option in Discord .. and quite frankly that would be terrible to be able to do. There have been feature requests to get this ability .. but it's not present in the application. You also can't replace a message earlier in time (so you can't delete an older message then make a brand new one in its place, with the original timestamp).

You said something inaccurate .. don't double-down and say even more things to try and get yourself out of it. Accept the fact that he said something that wasn't as bad as you thought, acknowledge your mistake, and move on.

I have logged a support ticket with Discord, I don’t believe you can remove the edit, I keep you updated. ( Admin of 5 servers here)

Edit

Hello,

We just want to confirm that we've received your message (9203539). We're currently experiencing increased volumes, and will be in touch regarding your request shortly.

If you feel that you or another individual is in immediate danger, please contact proper authorities.

Thank you,
Discord Trust & Safety

Edited by live1991, 27 September 2020 - 01:25 PM.

#39 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

View Postnuttyrat, on 27 September 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Do a quick google search..

#40 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

Do a quick google search..

How about you step up and support your claim? Because Google, among other tools, is freely available to the people who have made the statement that there's no ability for admins to hide an edit tag and so, it can be reasonably inferred this tool was used when attempting to clarify the situation.

Similarly, google is also freely available to me, not an admin, and I've also come to the conclusion that it is not an existing feature.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 27 September 2020 - 02:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users