#41 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 September 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

The OP and another individual (who happen to be part the same MWO unit, which is just irrelevant) are strong supporters of the idea that covid-19 is a hoax created by deep-state and actively have spread and are spreading their opinion around MWO discord servers to initiate discussions and/or arguments.

Here we go again with people putting words in my mouth.. this is why I don't bother with forums anymore.. I wasn't going to even bother replying but this topic is getting too much attention and I wanted to set the record straight.. what you claim is COMPLETELY FALSE.. covid IS real.. my position is that the media is working to scare-monger the public into thinking this is a much deadlier illness that it truly is. Why? Besides the fact that they make money from viewership.. judging from history, fear has always been used to gain power and control over the masses by whittling down our freedoms; as has been evidenced by the draconian measures that have decimated the middle class.. going so far as to make it seem a normal and noble duty to report on your neighbours.

According to the latest CDC numbers, only 6% of covid deaths to date have been solely due to covid (that is without comorbidity).. and over 90% from that 6% figure are from people over 75.. considering the average life span for a male is 76 and a woman is 81.. this just adds to our contention that the strict measures being put in place have for the most part been unnecessary. Yes, yes, some lives may have been saved, but at what cost? The cost must always be weighed against the benefit.. There is a one in 103 chance of dying in a car accident.. does this mean you should never get in a vehicle? No that's ridiculous.. Also ridiculous is that the middle class is being decimated and the fear mongering is making germophobes out of everyone.. not to mention its dividing the population.. having us fight amongst each other.. and over what? A less than spectacular virus?

They say our young give hope for a brighter future.. but the way I see it, it's the opposite.. because they lack perspective and experience, it's the young that will fall for anything..

I do not plan on replying to anyone commenting on this message because this is not the OP's topic.

In case you didn't catch it over the fear-mongering.. over-counting IS the policy:

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 September 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#42 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:53 PM

Did you google those facts?

#43 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

Do a quick google search..

So what you are saying is, you decided to say something without evidence and are not able to back it up with any kind of facts. You made the statement that:

More pointless drivel.. the edited tag can be removed with the appropriate permissions.. he is the admin you know..

You are the one who made the claim, so you need to provide the steps on how this is done. Not me.

Post a link to the instructions. If this is something that an admin is supposed to be able to do, then it should be easy for you.

#44 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:58 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 September 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

Do a quick google search..

I have and could not find anything on the official website aswell, that is why i have logged a ticket with discord support.

Normally if you make a claim, you back it up with documentation that can then be reviewed, by all sides.

So far all you have done is trash something that myself and Kras and Ash have put way too many hours into and has built up a positive competitive area that welcomes all teams no matter what skill level.

If you have anything to back up your claims, i will 100% treat it as real and follow it up for a review.

#45 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

Covid sure did hit MWO comp hard huh... Or at least some people's brain

#46 Mont

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:53 PM

Time to put your money where your mouth is and prove them wrong, enter an mj12 team into the WC and prove that you can place higher than OOPS otherwise your rhetoric is null and void.

#47 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:05 AM

Honestly I do not care what opinions you guys have but PLEASE, if you ever have a problem with someone, take it to them privately or speak to a person who'll be able to resolve it.
But don't just post it on public forums for everyone to see, without even naming people.
In my honest opinion this complaint should have just been ignored seeing as it didn't follow proper procedure.

(btw if anyone ever has a problem with someone on the MWO Comp discord and you don't want to bother the admins or don't feel comfortable talking to them, feel free to hit me up :) )

#48 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:53 PM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 28 September 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

Honestly I do not care what opinions you guys have but PLEASE, if you ever have a problem with someone, take it to them privately or speak to a person who'll be able to resolve it.
But don't just post it on public forums for everyone to see, without even naming people.
In my honest opinion this complaint should have just been ignored seeing as it didn't follow proper procedure.

(btw if anyone ever has a problem with someone on the MWO Comp discord and you don't want to bother the admins or don't feel comfortable talking to them, feel free to hit me up Posted Image )

Same here. there's a number of support staff that can help pretty much any time of day, around the world.

#49 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:44 AM

This thread suffered a critical misjump. Enjoy your mudslinging on the beautiful bogs on Kaetetôã

#50 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:30 PM

Claims not substantiated or refuted:
- flat earth belief;
- discord admin permissions allowing the removal of the (edited) tag; and
- the original conflict of interest claim.

Things actually responded to:
- COVID statistics.

Well folks, this doesn't bode well for MJ12's opening to the season....

#51 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:34 AM

The same people liking each others comments. The fun fact I never had to name a single person to know who we are discussing when it comes to toxic. I didnt come here to talk about Covid, flat earth, or even do anything past participate to get the rewards for the comp series.

This is what we call favoritism and blindly being friends with people just because they play comp with you. The comp community is toxic, this is proof of it. Like bullies in a gang yard that cant even see their own behavior.

Im glad I can be a voice that can be the punching bag for the rest of the community. I can deal Posted Image

Edited by V O L T R O N, 30 September 2020 - 04:33 AM.

#52 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:32 AM

Shush now Voltron

You never had to name someone - your focus points in alternate reality are well known.

Don't go crying because you made an implied ad hominem attack and had your character examined.

You might find you come out..... lacking

P.S. Can someone show me how to remove the edited tag? Thx

Edited by Temporary Axis, 30 September 2020 - 06:34 AM.

#53 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:02 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 30 September 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

The same people liking each others comments. The fun fact I never had to name a single person to know who we are discussing when it comes to toxic. I didnt come here to talk about Covid, flat earth, or even do anything past participate to get the rewards for the comp series.

This is what we call favoritism and blindly being friends with people just because they play comp with you. The comp community is toxic, this is proof of it. Like bullies in a gang yard that cant even see their own behavior.

Im glad I can be a voice that can be the punching bag for the rest of the community. I can deal Posted Image

What I find toxic, is coming to a public forum to try and throw someone under the bus, and not provide anything to back it up.

If you want to make a real formal complaint, Email PGI, Log a ticket with MWO comp and I will review it.

Edited by live1991, 30 September 2020 - 08:59 PM.

#54 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:03 AM

what? How did i miss this brain fart of a post. Man i always miss the good stuff.

#55 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:16 PM

View PostKrasnopesky, on 26 September 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

I am the main person organising the Championship Series 2020.

I presume you're not talking about me as I have never had a negative interaction with MJ12 or you and have never been banned from the forums or MWO in general.

No you have always been professional, patient and responsive in the forums and in-game.. no one can touch you. Much respect. It's others that act like juveniles..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users