Razercon 2020 And Exclusive Mw5 Mercs Dlc Details

31 replies to this topic

#21 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:32 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 12 October 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

I'm gonna have to spend some cash to migrate all of my "ownership" over to GoG... I only wound up with Steam in the first place because a friend recommended I play Portal. (Good, fun game, but wish the disc worked a 2nd time, instead of forcing you to download the game every time you upgrade your hard drive).

B4 you do that try out "GoG Galaxy" (GoGs launcher that intgrates the most common portals like Steam etc.) and it maybe that at times they offer that you can get the games you own at other portals for free at GoG when they have them in their catalogue too which may or may not be the case - if they have them i allways buy them on GoG.

#22 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:00 AM

And finally, b4 it goes under, kudos to PGI for doing the right thing and making COOP an inklusive gamemode regardless if the "Clients" have the MW5 DLCs as long the Host has them.

Good Job PG!

#23 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

Announcing the release date for the DLC in a more upfront manner would have been appreciated. The community did not have a real ETA of when the DLC was actually going to come out. I think some folks were under the impression that it would come out this fall as a result of COVID delays- not all the way in December with the MW5 'relaunch' to steam and GOG. This was put at the end of the video in text without someone actually saying it...that "this is the release date". I think there were better ways of making this announcement.

We still don't know for sure about some Quality of Life updates which unfortunately will probably be released simultaneously with the DLC (prove me wrong here).

I can think of three in particular:

1. Jump Jet usage by all AI (friendly/enemy) which by the way, was already present way back ever since mechwarrior 2

2. Fixing friendly fire issues

3. Fixing spawning behaviors

Out of all the complaints that most people have- friendly fire probably ranks pretty high. Nothing quite like having your lance mates shred each other from behind without the enemy having to even lift a finger. And of course fixing spawning...even if now we can't see the exact moment tanks spawn behind or around us it definitely ruins immersion. In addition the authored Mission: Black Harvest probably wins the worst spawn award. I have literally seen mechs pop out of thin air in front of me because I passed by a scripted area too quickly. This mission DEFINITELY needs to be reviewed and revised.

In general both demolition and raid missions tend to be the worst in terms of spawning/reinforcements and should be reviewed/tweaked carefully.

For instance we can see vtols/helicopters spawn out of thin air pretty regularly after completing a 'raid' objective. Waaay too many tanks will be called from the surroundings rather suddenly as 'reinforcements' when a raid target is under attack. In general I think the majority of folks want to see more mechs and less tanks/vtols/helicopters on any given mission. The unlimited enemy spawns from just about everywhere on a demolition mission type is a bit absurd and takes away from the enjoyment of the mission- I can't tell you how many times I have heard "You're almost there commander!" from Ryana before another unending wave of enemies swamps us and starts trying to tear us limb from limb lol.

Warzones are not really warzones...more of a 'get in the way of the enemy reinforcements' before they reach the frontline mission type.

A real warzone would be more like the mechwarrior 4 missions like 'revolution' at Barlow Gap, 'wernke country life' at Gavin's Bend or best of all- the reinforcement mission at Griffon Base on New Canton against Liao's Harloc Raiders. As it stands most warzone missions don't use the majority of the playing field and are purely driven by 'waves' of enemies that drop from Dropships at set areas on the map. There are no other meaningful objectives to achieve on the battlefield aside from kill quota/count.

I do appreciate the additional objectives that will be made available (hopefully as quality of life updates) but we have yet to see much of these in-game or how they would meaningfully improve a contract. Would that be extra salvage, extra c-bills, or just added difficulty to fully complete the mission? Hard to say at this point.

#24 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:18 PM

Will i be getting that Steamkey that was sold to me as preorder bonus?

#25 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:18 AM

View PostIshanDeston, on 13 October 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

Will i be getting that Steamkey that was sold to me as preorder bonus?

Nope, ye won't. Since they already presumed/branded it to be a different product with the steam-release (since it is Original MW5 + HotIS-DLC now on Steam), they withdraw the pre-order steam-key after the epic deal. At least that was what I was told when askin' to keep my pre-order on hold until steam-release.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 14 October 2020 - 01:19 AM.

#26 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

This video ... so cringy :D I love it.

#27 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:06 PM

Adding MW5 to steam without having to pay again, would probably get my buying the DLC, purely for the new mechs.

if not going to happen i'll keep my money

#28 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:04 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 16 October 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Adding MW5 to steam without having to pay again, would probably get my buying the DLC, purely for the new mechs.

if not going to happen i'll keep my money

Don't wanna "whiteknight" PGI here, but after the E-PIG-Deal they / their support communicated pretty openly , there won't be no (additional) steam key coming with the pre-order. So ye had the option to "keep your money" and all the MWO-goodies anyhow ... Posted Image

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 17 October 2020 - 12:04 AM.

#29 Ratsnacker

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:46 AM

I paid $120 or whatever it was for the Epic Pre-Order, and haven’t played the game. Will there be any chance of migrating to the Steam version?

#30 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:37 PM

View PostRatsnacker, on 18 October 2020 - 04:46 AM, said:

I paid $120 or whatever it was for the Epic Pre-Order, and haven’t played the game. Will there be any chance of migrating to the Steam version?

I suspect the answer to that will be a very official-sounding "no" until sometime after December 10. At which point you might be able to email PGI directly and get them to make a "one-time exception for you only, but keep it under wraps, because we don't want everyone to know".

At least, that's what I'm counting on. :)

#31 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:59 AM

View PostRatsnacker, on 18 October 2020 - 04:46 AM, said:

Somehow assume like 'em won't sell the basic version of MW5 on steam, but only sell the HotIS-Version and keep their standpoint of "different product". Furthermore ye had the possibility to get the full price back and keep yer MWO-goodies, so I would not expect any kind of "under the desk deal".

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 19 October 2020 - 05:46 AM.

#32 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 17 October 2020 - 12:04 AM, said:

Don't wanna "whiteknight" PGI here, but after the E-PIG-Deal they / their support communicated pretty openly , there won't be no (additional) steam key coming with the pre-order. So ye had the option to "keep your money" and all the MWO-goodies anyhow ... Posted Image

Provided you didn't pay with a non refundable payment source... like say paysafe cards.

Anyway, i am not going to give Epic money and i am not going to pay for steam again. I won't be loosing sleep over this. Its PG's choice if they want a chance for my money or not. As things stands.. they won't get any more of my money.. and they will have to put in some work to get some goodwill back, as far as i am concerned.

Edited by IshanDeston, 23 October 2020 - 11:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users