66 replies to this topic

#41 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

Yes, the work of dozens of others because you failed at presenting anything worthwhile is absolutely worth defending. Especially when the context is the presence of systems which allow dozens of people to collaborate is what is being questioned.

Hurr durr context hard.

Turns out an idea that isn't appropriately presented doesn't work.

You failed.

You whined and complained that no one was listening to you. You failed to appropriately present your idea. You continually acted childish, combative, refused to co-operate and were ignored.

Get over it.

The selected system worked, and it worked better than yours.

The selected system worked, and it worked better than yours.

If it worked, why are you so worked up over it? It's because everyone sees it as a mess that I have so much fun ribbing you guys over it. Otherwise I wouldn't get any traction lol.

#42 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 October 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

If it worked, why are you so worked up over it? It's because everyone sees it as a mess that I have so much fun ribbing you guys over it. Otherwise I wouldn't get any traction lol.

Because you're using PGI's own ineptitude to try to boost your ego and swindle people into believing you that there's a secret cabal working against you when it was just PGI throwing a handful of very damaging variables into the mix.

Because you directly attempted to insult the work of others who rightfully pointed out that knowing how to address an audience is critical to being able to reach PGI.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 October 2020 - 01:26 PM.

#43 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yep, I'm actually lying about finding the link in 3 seconds.

There you go. Isn't it so much easier to tell the truth.

#44 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:29 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

Because you're using PGI's own ineptitude to try to boost your ego and swindle people into believing you that there's a secret cabal working against you.

Because you directly attempted to insult the work of others who rightfully pointed out that knowing how to address an audience is critical to being able to reach PGI.

Pushing an evidence based PSR/MM solution to a problem that affects the majority of players in this game = boosting my own ego?

Criticizing solutions that lack such evidence = insulting the work of others?

Why not just push me back by arguing you guys actually did any of the supposed "work" that shows your idea works? When I attack Jay Z's PSR over its lack of substance, the easy counter to to provide evidence that it works. That you can't tells all.

#45 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 10 October 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

Message boards are typically organised, categorised and with subforums and threads pertaining to specific subjects.

FORUMS -> MECHWARRIOR UNIVERSE -> GENERAL DISCUSSION -> Individual threads

If you took every thread in general discussion and made it into one single thread you'd have discord.

Discord only works for generalised discussions with a small population, or specific discussions with a focused group. Anything else becomes a shouting match.

Yes I am aware of the differences, practical point is nobody is listening to you either way.

#46 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:35 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 October 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

Pushing an evidence based PSR/MM solution to a problem that affects the majority of players in this game = boosting my own ego?

Continuing to claim you were done wrong by when it was just the fact that you failed.

Criticizing solutions that lack such evidence = insulting the work of others?

Actually yes, continually dismissing the many days of discussion done, dismissing the fact that several people involved has just as much experience designing such things as you do, and continually to claim there's a group out there to get you and others.

Why not just push me back by arguing you guys actually did any of the supposed "work" that shows your idea works? When I attack Jay Z's PSR over its lack of substance, the easy counter to to provide evidence that it works. That you can't tells all.

oops, you keep ignoring PGI's introduction of several confounding factors again. How convenient. Must've been that evil cabal again.

#47 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 10 October 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yes I am aware of the differences, practical point is nobody is listening to you either way.

I'll have you know I was having a perfectly good discussion regarding the accessibility of that discord until MagPi admitted he was lying and bolted.

And then for some reason desired to try and continue the discussion in another thread...

#48 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 10 October 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'll have you know I was having a perfectly good discussion regarding the accessibility of that discord until MagPi admitted he was lying and bolted.

And then for some reason desired to try and continue the discussion in another thread...

Sorry, I was just texting PGI telling them to make sure that certain people can't find the discord link.

#49 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

Actually yes, continually dismissing the many days of discussion done, dismissing the fact that several people involved has just as much experience designing such things as you do, and continually to claim there's a group out there to get you and others.

Point to where the work was done proving Jay Z's idea wasn't the terrible suggestion I make it out to be. That's my level of work, if you guys have my level of experience you will have that.

#50 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:41 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 October 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

Point to where the work was done proving Jay Z's idea wasn't the terrible suggestion I make it out to be. That's my level of work, if you guys have my level of experience you will have that.

Huh?

Point to the part where one submitted a clear and understandable system which satisfied the requirements and parameters?

Your level of work was nothing.

Your level of work was dropping some graphs and then being combative with everyone.

You certainly had the ability to work together with people to get a decent proposal using some or all of your data but you didn't.

Go ahead, keep whining.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 October 2020 - 01:41 PM.

#51 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:43 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Go ahead, keep whining.

This is whining?

You have no defense for Jay Z's unprofessional work. Period.

#52 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:44 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Sorry, I was just texting PGI telling them to make sure that certain people can't find the discord link.

You mean you want it to become even more obfusicated?

#53 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:47 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 October 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

This is whining?

You have no defense for Jay Z's unprofessional work. Period.

Which unprofessional work? The one that was submitted appropriately using the input of dozens of people?

Or yours which didn't because it was a mess and you refused to co-operate with anyone and then decided to insult the others?

View PostVonBruinwald, on 10 October 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

You mean you want it to become even more obfusicated?

Only for certain people.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 October 2020 - 01:48 PM.

#54 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:49 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Which unprofessional work? The one that was submitted appropriately using the input of dozens of people?

Or yours which didn't because it was a mess and you refused to co-operate with anyone?

Only the idea that was implemented is the one getting roasted. That's how it works. You can't blame the runner up for the mess made by Jay Z's PSR system.

#55 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:49 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Only for certain people.

You might want to go back and delete that link on page 1. Unless you want to be caught lying again...

#56 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:55 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 October 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

Only the idea that was implemented is the one getting roasted. That's how it works. You can't blame the runner up for the mess made by Jay Z's PSR system.

No one's blaming anyone but PGI.

A reasonable product was selected.

You failed to present a reasonable product and continue to pretend like you actually did anything worthwhile.

Even if you managed to get your stuff together and learn how to actually communicate with other humans properly, co operate on some ideas, fully meet all of the parameters and put together a nice presentation and PGI selected your system, it would still be absolute garbage because PGI slapped on a bunch of other trash that completely removes sabotages *any* underlying system.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 October 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#57 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:57 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

No one's blaming anyone but PGI.

A reasonable product was selected.

You failed to present a reasonable product.

A pig with lipstick was selected.

Did you get my wedding gift through the mail? Posted Image

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Even if you managed to get your stuff together and learn how to actually communicate with other humans properly, co operate on some ideas, fully meet all of the parameters and put together a nice presentation and PGI selected your system, it would still be absolute garbage because PGI slapped on a bunch of other trash that completely removes sabotages *any* underlying system.

My proposal would not have had trouble with the queue merge or setting new accounts in the middle. Only Jay Z's system couldn't handle it.

Edited by Nightbird, 10 October 2020 - 02:33 PM.

#58 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:04 PM

frankly im getting sick of psr/mm changes, all they do is make more players leave in disgust. you could give them the best system possible and we would still lose a chunk of the population.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 October 2020 - 02:04 PM.

#59 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 October 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

frankly im getting sick of psr/mm changes, all they do is make more players leave in disgust. you could give them the best system possible and we would still lose a chunk of the population.

Yes, I think focus on retention pretty much goes without saying and as far as I've seen there luckily haven't been many (if any at all) discussions about changes to any kind of PSR as of yet. Generally it seems like the largest common denominators across most discussions are

1) mech changes overall.

2) remove groups from solo queue or address how they throw balance out of kilter.

3) monetization being more appropriate for a game at this stage

4) new player experience. if there's any hope of keeping fresh blood this should be a priority.

5) weapon adjustments

Not specifically in that order, and no statement to how those things will be done exactly but those are the most common gripes that pretty much everyone seems to share.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 10 October 2020 - 02:17 PM.

#60 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:44 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yes, I think focus on retention pretty much goes without saying and as far as I've seen there luckily haven't been many (if any at all) discussions about changes to any kind of PSR as of yet. Generally it seems like the largest common denominators across most discussions are

1) mech changes overall.

2) remove groups from solo queue or address how they throw balance out of kilter.

3) monetization being more appropriate for a game at this stage

4) new player experience. if there's any hope of keeping fresh blood this should be a priority.

5) weapon adjustments

Not specifically in that order, and no statement to how those things will be done exactly but those are the most common gripes that pretty much everyone seems to share.

im for almost all of that.

i consider 2 a necessary sacrifice to keep drop times smaller. there are things you can do to improve it, like address tonnage, but i think groups need to stay in.

id rather balance steer clear of weapons all together. though there are a couple outliers. atms are extremely strong to the point where my top 2 mechs are atm boats and are easy mode, and there are a lot of weapons nobody uses because they are weak and need buffs. but nothing huge at either end.

my thing about buffing bad mechs plays into number 3. you cant sell mechs that suck, unless they are hero mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users