66 replies to this topic

#61 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 October 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

frankly im getting sick of psr/mm changes, all they do is make more players leave in disgust. you could give them the best system possible and we would still lose a chunk of the population.

That's because the update is no better than what it replaced. The PSR and MM must be fixed since month to month, the people with >1.3 and <0.7 WLR are quitting the game at 2-3x the rate of the players in the middle. If you allow players to hemorrhage by avoiding such a low cost fix, higher hanging fruit will forever be out of reach.

Edited by Nightbird, 10 October 2020 - 03:49 PM.

#62 ClownStomp

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:19 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 09 October 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

words of wisdom

#63 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:40 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Your level of work was nothing. Your level of work was dropping some graphs and then being combative with everyone.

Um, I don't get this part. I'm not agreeing with Nightbird or anything, I don't even like the guy, but this just needs to be said.

Graphs were supposed to represent data, based on his actual work, which is statistics. Statistics that is used to study the population, and then make use of it into a proper working distribution model -- as in the PSR, and graphs in according to the internet rule that is "Pics or didn't happen", it's valid argument.

Unless you can actually prove his work to be otherwise false, other than "PGI didn't picked it", which if we're being honest, PGI has done a lot of questionable things and arguably stupid things in the past, then sadly it's pure conjecture.

View Postthievingmagpi, on 10 October 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

1) mech changes overall.

5) weapon adjustments

Really just kicking the hornet's nest, and see what happens. I'd be back for nothing more than curiosity. At this point if they are doing something about the balance, they make it completely drastic that we'd actually be curious to see what massively changes.

2) remove groups from solo queue or address how they throw balance out of kilter.

Well, group-queue is one story. But I think it's about the low population as a whole, even if they are in a group queue that messes up the tonnage distribution, the newbies will STILL be likely to meet enemies above their skill level because they are the ONLY ones left still playing the game -- the ones who bothered to stay.

3) monetization being more appropriate for a game at this stage

I don't think there is any monetization appropriate for the stage of the game where it is dying. You (rhretorical you) can't expect people to pony up money on a dead game, if they are willing to buy anything at all, they would have bought the packs in the first place.

Unless PGI shows something different such as PVE with 4-man drop that improves the match count by needing significantly less players, then we have seen what they have to offer, and it's a resounding "No" already.

4) new player experience. if there's any hope of keeping fresh blood this should be a priority.

Same problem with #2, population is too low that they will inevitably be matched up with seal-clubbers. My solution is to have a PVE that they don't have to face off with veterans in PVE where they are only going to fight the AI, even helped by veterans.
I'm not agreeing with Nightbird or anything, I don't even like the guy, but this just needs to be said.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 11 October 2020 - 01:52 AM.

#64 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:08 AM

Is this really 4 pages of someone screaming that using the Official MWO Forums, run by PGI is the worst way to contact PGI?\

Anyone else see the problem with that, and why PGI has such a poor reputation?

#65 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

monetization is still important as its the only thing keeping the servers up. the game dies immediately when it can no longer afford the operating costs. people are clearly still buying stuff. keeping the population up is also important as a declining population also means less sales.

i think pgi's strategy will revolve around this. every time they change something or take something away, people are going to leave. so they really need to focus on new stuff that we can buy and which adds to the game, but which also doesn't take much in terms of dev time.

examples include new mech variants, buffing the trash tier mechs so they become minimally viable product again, reducing the cost of mech packs. maybe even new mc weapon variants (xml only, no model retrofits) and other equipment. mapdev supporter packs. custom dekkles.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 October 2020 - 10:39 AM.

#66 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:41 PM

Man, I wish I had a discord link to talk about this stuff further...

#67 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:33 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 11 October 2020 - 08:41 PM, said:

Man, I wish I had a discord link to talk about this stuff further...

I find it funny they advertise their instagram account.

Daily look behind the scenes developing MechWarrior Online!

I don't have an instagram account so I can't confirm but I think their most recent post is still advertising MWO for pre-order on steam...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users