25 replies to this topic

#1 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:03 PM

Hey everyone, so as you may have heard, be it on the forums of other sources of mwo related news. The Gulag has been put together once again. Well, what is the Gulag? The Gulag is a group of players from various skill levels geared for one thing. proposing ideas to help PGI make mwo better than it has been in the past. With the recent podcast from PGI and future podcasts from the community coming soon. I figured it was a good time to let the MWO community know what's happenin! So if you've got ideas and want to chime in, feel free!

https://www.reddit.c...to_improve_mwo/

Posted Image

Edited by IL ORSO, 12 October 2020 - 10:30 PM.

#2 That Mech

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:08 PM

Interesting...

#3 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:09 PM

Community Balance please...

Also MAPS, even if they're just "hibernalized" versions of current maps...

#4 BrioS

• PipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 20 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

Let's work together to consolidate the ideas and work towards a better MWO.

Just remember it's not about getting your way rather it's about making the game better.

Edited by BrioS, 12 October 2020 - 08:11 PM.

#5 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:15 PM

The forum has been mired with specific changes to balance, additional content, additional gamemodes, and game-mechanic changes. I have balance ideas, I have additional content and gamemode ideas, but not really sure how to go about this.

I think Tarogato and others should get back into creating another Community-Driven stuffs, like the last Community-Driven Balance Update. Make it easier to present to PGI what we would actually want.

#6 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:16 PM

Looking forward to the discussion and the ideas that we can all come up with. Hopefully everyone will join us!

#7 AizakG

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:19 PM

Will be excited to see how this progresses. Love to see the community coming together to make proposals for PGI, and I see a lot of great names already with this particular discussion.

#8 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:44 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ed-a-pr-person/

https://mwomercs.com...ame-the-whales/

https://v1.escapistm...itle-Transverse

In Moment ist PGIs old Play ...give us all you Money and we make the Game thats you will ...seeing Founder period, after ist ...go away with you ideas ,im self have the best ,and you not more my Target group , teh esport People and his money my new Target ...and Transverse to become Money from the Spacesim player ..and now MWO is since 5 years in maintance, Test and Fixing modus.
Forget all you Ideas ...Russ has the better ideas since 7 Years...Russ is was Musk for Tesla

first the Founder for MWO, than the Esport for MWO , MW5 and transverse, and now the news to hold PGI to Life

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 12 October 2020 - 11:26 PM.

#9 Cerberus Las Plagas

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:27 PM

Give me an Atlas C Variant and ill be happy along with atleast 2 other maps not reskinned, and a few new game modes.

#10 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:27 PM

Yo 'Bur, I made a thread a couple hours ago in case it added something to any discussions such as these, I look forward to any consensus the community can come to!

Link for anyone interested: https://mwomercs.com...gestion-thread/

Edited by SoulRcannon, 12 October 2020 - 09:29 PM.

#11 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:58 PM

BUR PLZ

MOAR LUORE

MOAR TABLETOP

DID YOU SAY FLAMERS?!

*LIP SMACK*

#12 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:35 PM

First of all PGI gotta do something with management. I dont know who is the one that always **** up everything. But so many times there is agreement with players and PGI what to do on next update or what to fix, but 90% times when things are patched ingame there is somekind PGI twist that **** everything up. That person gotta be moved to do something else. PGI should give crown to Bombadil or someone else with vision to take this game to next level. 8 years of same sh1t is enough.

New game engine is required to get more money from players. And get more players too Posted Image. Modding is must in 2020. MW5 looked and played well. But thats all. Game was too childish for adults to play. And too sh1t for childs to play. Navid mod was only thing that saved that game for me. Without it wasnt gonna touch that garbage. It made it somekind mechwarrior experience, but someone who hasnt touch mechwarrior game isnt gonna like it. Voice acting and campaign is made for 10 year old kids. Do PGI even know who is their target audience??

Edited by Kotis77, 13 October 2020 - 05:28 AM.

#13 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:08 AM

[color=#959595] Do even PGI know their target audience??[/color]

russ has all 3 Years a new Target audience...first the Founders ...now not more Money ! goes away founders, now the Esport ! esport is the big group...PGI failed in each way to manage a Esport Circus..and now the last News and Veterans ,thats play the Game

Townhall from 2015

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 13 October 2020 - 12:38 AM.

#14 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:53 AM

I find the PSR redo meaningless while coordinated groups in quickplay turn 93% of matches into 12-3 blowouts.

Could there not be 4 v 4 group mode so groups don't have to wait forever for 12 v 12 and quickplay becomes a place for casual pugs again?

Hell, I'd play random 4 v 4 pug if it existed just for variety. Or allow groups of 3 to summon a random to fill their team.

#15 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostKotis77, on 12 October 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

I dont know who is the one that always **** up everything.

It rhymes with Gus

Edited by Hunka Junk, 13 October 2020 - 06:30 AM.

#16 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:12 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 13 October 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

It rhymes with Gus

Yes i know its Russ, Paul or someone other that keeps sabotagin their own game. But i dont know who it actually is. Guess you do...

But that person is behind that this game sucks and MW5.. For sake of this game and future games he has to give room for someone with vision for better tomorrow. Im hopefull

Edited by Kotis77, 13 October 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#17 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:52 AM

I am glad to see once again, the community is coming together once again to help PGI keep their game afloat. These people are at least partially responsible for why this game continues to be played, and it is great to see that PGI has opened up their ears to the community, likely due to the PSR changes. If only they had their ears open years ago, they could have listened to other members of the community who have long since given up and moved on.

I hope that PGI will be able to understand that rewarding high skill play via weapon balance and good map design among other things will further increase the longevity of MWO.

Edited by Windscape, 13 October 2020 - 10:13 AM.

#18 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

I can't imagine player installed mods are a good idea in a PVP game.
Aside from the challenges in how to have the server manage inputs from possibly very different player side implementations you get into the issue of whether a mod makes it 'easier to play the game'

If someone has a mod that improves heat vision or night vision and some of us install it and others do not is that fair? What if that mod is offered at a dollar price tag by the maker (who isn't PGI)

We already have built in variances from skill/hardware but mods could create software imbalances in the quality of play. Whose going to have the best? The most competitive players - whose that going to hurt the casuals.

#19 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:17 PM

who said anything about mods?

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:56 AM

Just bumping it here for tomorrow.

I hope you guys can collate the good ideas for the community, like the Community Driven Balance Update.

I also hope that LACs would make it in the suggestion.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users